/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Clashing Swords | KidPub Press //
Clashing Swords

Clashing Swords

Posted February 11th, 2021 by Olivinat

by Ryoko
in the Middle of Nowhere (Wisconsin)

February 11th, 2021

“Can you tell me what happened?” asked Officer Maximus

“Well…” Sam started, “It all started when my two sisters, Sara and Zoe, and my brother, Luke, and I were walking to our Grandma’s house. Luke said he heard something. Sara told him to go check it out and he went into the brush. We waited for him for ten minutes. After fifteen minute had passed, Zoe started to get worried. We walked off to find Luke. We looked for hours, but we couldn’t find him. Sara was in tears, Zoe and I were freaking out. We went home and told mom. We told her what had happened. She called dad, then the police.

Soon Officer Sacramento, the lead detective, came to our house. He asked hard questions. He also told us that there had been an increased amount of disappearances happening lately. He told us that a boy named Mark Haritos had been missing for weeks.

After the visit. We felt discouraged. Sara was in tears because she said it was her fault that Luke was gone. She had told him to find out what the noise was. That is when we realized that we had forgotten the noise.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. It was Officer Sacramento. He told us that Luke’s body had been found. Lifeless. We were heart-broken, but we vowed to get revenge if it was the last thing we did.”

“Later when Zoe’s friend, Emma, came over to our house she reported that Mark Haritos, her brother, had been missing for four weeks. They were sure he was died.

After Emma had left, Sara walked up and said, “So many people are missing. I want to find out what is going on! Who is with me?”

We all quickly agreed and we went around the house to find gear. We came back together with flashlights, and water. We left as soon as I wrote mom and dad a note. We walked to where we had last seen Luke. We searched and searched. That’s when Zoe had an idea.

She said, “What if we each wear a camera and split up? We might get more.”

We agreed, got cameras, and split up. Suddenly Zoe screamed. We ran to where she was. She was gone. We went home and looked at her camera. It showed her walking and then falling into a hole! We ran back to where we last saw her and started to dig. We dug for fifteen minutes until we came up on a pipe.

“Well, tada!” I said, “You want to go first?”

“No thanks,” Sara said.

With that I jumped into the hole.

The hole went on for a while. Then I fell into a metal floor in some kind of “Lab.” I called up to Sara to jump.

When Sara came down I flicked on my flashlight. The Lab looked well kept (not a good sign!) we walked out into a hall, and saw a med-bay across from us. Down the hall we saw a cafe, and some kind of storage unit. We checked out the storage unit. We found empty boxes. We kept walking until we heard a noise. “Duck!” we hid and watched as to armored figures walked by.

“What was that? Sara asked, “Should we follow them?”

We followed them and followed them. Suddenly we passed a sign that said, “CAUTION! TESTING ZONE!”

“We should check this out.” We walked farther until we came to a room. It had a killing machine in the corner and a bio tank in the middle. And you will never guess who was in the bio tank! ZOE! She was asleep. That is when Sara realized that there were heads on the wall.  We saw Luke’s head! That is when I realized they were looking for something. And the head were of people who didn’t have it. There was a red light under the heads. We looked on a control panel and saw  a light that was red. Suddenly Sara pulled me under a table. Men came in and took Zoe out of the case. They put her head in the killing machine and killed her in front of us.”

Sam broke into tears, but quickly whipped them away and continued.

“That was when I saw Mark Haritos and Officer Sacramento’s heads on the wall.

They put Zoe’s head on the wall and brought in Emma. They put her in the chamber and left. Sara and I left the room. We kept walking. Then... we turned a corner and ran into a guard. He grabbed me but Sara managed to run. They threw me into the chamber. It was like sitting in warm comfortable slime. I felt tired but managed to stay awake. The guards started to whisper and then one ran off. I moved around and saw the light. It was green. I had whatever they were looking for.

A cloaked man walked in and muttered, 'Take him to the extraction room.'

They yanked me out. That is when I saw moms, Dad’s, and Emma’s heads on the wall. They dragged me into a room and strapped me into a machine. They stepped behind a blast shield and were about to flip a switch when something happened.

Sara burst out and hit them until they were out cold. Sara unstrapped me and we ran. We could hear them chasing us.  Fortunately we managed to escape the bunker. Unfortunately they kept following us as we ran to the village green. There was a group of people looking for us. We ran up and gave a quick version of the story. Then the people chasing us caught up. We saw they were aliens! The people of the town charged out and I knew a battle had begun. Sara and I grabbed sword and began to fight. After only moments of fighting, we knew we would win. Sara clashed swords with the cloaked alien. They held in a stand-still. Suddenly the cloaked alien yelled, “Retreat!” Then he swung his sword up and slashed Sara. He ran away as I ran over to her.

Sara whispered faintly, “Live your life, but you will have to live it without me. Go. Live, without me.”

“No!” I cried, but it was too late. Sara breathed her last.

We retrieved moms, Dad’s, Zoe and Luke’s, and Sara’s bodies and had a funeral. Then I went to the police station and told you, Officer Maximus, everything.”

Officer Maximus closed his notepad. “We will get you to the orphanage, son.”

Then he left me.

THE END

See more stories by Ryoko
I origonally posted this in

I origonally posted this in short chapters, but i combined them

_____________________________________________________________________

it's not just a matter of trusting yourself but testing your abilities - Jospeh Sugarman

Posted by Ryoko on Thu, 02/11/2021 - 14:42