/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Complete Guide to Soul Stories | KidPub Press //
The Complete Guide to Soul Stories

The Complete Guide to Soul Stories

Posted July 27th, 2010 by dragonwriter

by dragonwriter (S.E. Roberts)
in Wolf's mind, making him wonder who Eclipse is, and in Zarlac's mind, making him wonder who Wolf is

July 27th, 2010

A/N: I just had an inspiration to write this. So have fun :)

Author's Note

There are two kinds of people reading this right now: The people who have no clue what I'm talking about when I say "Soul Stories", and the people who have a basic idea. But then there's me, the inventor of the Soul Story trend that is now striking KidPub like lightning. This is the guide to all the details and twists to Soul Stories. Read on, and discover your true self through the art of Soul Stories...

Soul Stories: What they are

The first thing you need to know about Soul Stories (SS) is what they are.

Their is a great line between plain stories and Soul Stories, and many people get confused right about now.

Story. Definition: A narrative, either true or fictitious, in prose or verse, designed to interest, amuse, or instruct the hearer or reader; tale.

Soul story. Definition: A blend of ideas, ideas on which one's life is built, not needing to be put down on paper; but in one's mind for ever, creating who they are.

A story is a tale, an amusement, an entertainment. A Soul Story is the very essence of who you are put down on paper, or merely floating about in your mind.

A Soul Story completely and wholly depends on YOU. It doesn't have chapters unless you make it. You can have as many as you want, as few as you want. It can be a real event in your life, or just a few scraps of your imagination combined. Or it might be something real put together with a crazy fragment of fantasy. It can be ANYTHING. It is YOUR decision what your Soul Story is, whether it's about you or your character. It is whatever you want it to be. Remember, a Soul Story takes you, specifically YOU, to a place where you feel right. It doesn't matter what other people think of your Soul Story, like it does with a normal story. It's all about you and you're thoughts and aspects of your soul when it comes to Soul Stories. Soul Stories are everything you are combined into one aspect.

Before I continue, I need to make something clear.

Words in themselves can't be considered "Good", as in descriptive, interesting, or any other aspect that you look for in writing. It's the life behind the words that matters. When you write (You, a living thing with a soul), you give life to the words (The words, lifeless, soulless things). And this life depends completely on YOU; your mood, your ideas.

You get a certain vibe when you write in you SS. And I can't teach you what that vibe feels like, because it feels different for every person, because we are all different.

When you write in your Soul Story, or even just think about it, you give more and more life to it. Gradually, it builds, and builds, with many layers of moods, ideas and concepts. Your Soul Story is always growing. In my case, my Soul Story (Vaaren Salvation*) grew so big that it broke off into separate Soul Stories (Gargoyle Shack*, Wolfblood*). *Visit www.seroberts.weebly.com to read my Soul Stories

In that case, you can have as many Soul Stories as your soul decides.

Once again, it all depends on YOU.

Finding your Soul Story

Now that I have cleared up what Soul Stories are a bit, you need to know how to find yours.

That came you wrong. You never find your SS. It just comes to you. Soul Stories are a gift from God, received at the most unexpected moment, whether it's gradually over time or all at once.

Usually, Soul Stories are built up of everything your soul takes a liking to. And that in itself can come in millions of different ways.

Don's be impatient about it if you can't seem to find your Soul Story.

Sometimes, when you're looking for your Soul Story, you don't even realize that you have it yet. The only thing about Soul Stories that doesn't depend on you is how it comes about. God decides that. He gives it to you whenever it is right, and you can't change that. For example, if you're sitting there thinking, "I like this and this, and you put those together, then you get this. I guess I have my SS now."

Nope. That is you're conscious mind being greedy. It's the part of your mind (the part that controls your heart) that you can't control that decides what you Soul Story is.

Here I am, giving a set of rules, saying what you can and can't do. What a SS thrives on is time. It comes over time. Your mind doesn't have to work to get your SS, is what I should have said. It just comes. What I'm saying is that if you try to work to get your SS, then it's not going to work. You get a certain feeling, deep inside you, when you experience your SS, especially for the first time. It's purely wonderful, is that I say. A SS is a story that your soul simply takes a liking to.

Details of a Soul Story: Soul Characters, Soul Places, Soul Objects, and Soul Feelings

A SS is mainly made up of four things: Soul Characters, Soul Places, Soul Objects, and Soul Feelings.

I'll start with Soul Characters (SC).

A Soul Character is usually made up of normal aspects of life that your soul takes a liking to.

I think the best way to portray this is to give an example.

My Soul Character's name is Eclipse (See Vaaren Salvation).

He has snow white hair, a slender figure, breathtaking silver eyes, and gold skin. He has a quiet, mysterious personality, but has an inner wild-side to him that he conceals incredibly well. Because he was built with alien gene in him, he is called a Hybrid, a cross between two species. He's a killing machine, though he appears the complete opposite due to his concealed, mysterious air. He also has the ability to shape shift into a silver hawk. He smells minty.

Let's break this down a bit.

My ultimate favorite colors are white, silver, and gold. White hair, silver eyes, golden skin.

Let's break it down even more.

I love snow. Glittering, cool snow. White snow. That's why one of my favorite colors is white.

I love moonlight. Liquid, soft, mysterious moonlight. Silver moonlight. White's not my only favorite color.

I love aspen leaves in autumn. Firey, wild, and yet beautiful leaves. Gold leaves. Add gold to that list.

My ultimate favorite smell is mint. Somehow, mint just matches up nicely with an aspen tree covered with snow on a moonlit night.

I am mystified with beautiful, graceful deer. Slender deer.

Combine all those things into a person, and you get Eclipse.

Then there's Soul Places.

As I have portrayed, I very much like snowy landscapes. But then again, I love beaches and the ocean.

So there's one of my Soul Places: beaches. In Vaaren Salvation, the main character Rachel lives in California right by the ocean.

The third aspect that makes up a Soul Story is: Soul Objects.

In my case, a Soul Object is a silver necklace that, in Vaaren Salvation, Eclipse gives Rachel as a gift. The silver necklace is made up of a substance harder then diamond that is called Silver Diamond, or Sildianium. It actually is the substance that Eclipse was built with, that ties together Eclipse's alien gene and his human gene. Without it he would die, because the two genes would separate.

Last but not least is Soul Feelings.

My one and most important SF is love. Love, in romantic, brotherly, or friendly form.

Then I can use that love against itself if I want to. Example: In Vaaren Salvation, I kill Rachel's father, so that the only one she has left to love is Eclipse. It's process of elimination, I guess.

Ending

Whoever you are, wherever you are, whatever you are thinking, and however you are doing what you are doing, this is my gift to you. My gift: the concept of Soul Stories. God's gift to you, an escape to a world where everything goes in the exact way you want it, when you want it, how you want it. When it comes to Soul Stories:

It

All

Depends

On

YOU.

Enjoy your Soul Story!

See more stories by dragonwriter (S.E. Roberts)
Good descriptions! "You

Good descriptions!

"You don't usually want to fight with guns. Guns make you stupid. It's better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart!" ~Me ~Letter to Mom~ Dear mom, Please find a better quality dishwasher than me. Thanks! Your adoring son

Posted by Eragon Shur'tagul on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 13:09
Wow! this is such a great

Wow! this is such a great desciption of everything. Favoriting this!

P.S. Whatever happened to that VS contest thing that you held?

Put this in your sig if you are against fights on KP: WRITE, NOT FIGHT!

Uh, we had a slight sourcing malfunction, but…uh, everything's perfectly fine now. We're fine. We're all fine here now. How are you?-- Han Solo, Star Wars, A New Hope

Posted by Leia on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 13:14
I always knew Equinox is

I always knew Equinox is different. I had been really praying that I would get an idea out of the blue, inspiration for the story that will be my greatest work. I didn't have a word for it a few hours ago, but after reading this, I know Equinox is my soul story. It's the very essence, the very core of my being. The characters are like real people to me, and I love them like my closest friends. as the author, I feel the need to protect them. That's where their story beings. The sequoia forests on the west coast are my inspiration, the experssion of who I am. the meadow is like the most magical place, the most fascinating, beautiful part of me, the part no one but myself understands. I share all these feelings with Bree and I make her who she is because of who I am. That, in essence, is my soul story. Equinox is my soul story, the story of everything I stand for, of everything I am.

I tried to kidnap Jasper, but every time, Alice is at the window with a baseball bat, waiting for me. How does she kn--ooh, right.

Posted by WolfWriter on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 13:14
Forgot to mention: THe idea

Forgot to mention: THe idea for Equinox came as a dream!!! In the dream, I was like Bree. When i woke up, I was like 'wow' and I rememebered and replayed it over in my head all day :) Thanks for posting this. It's truly wonderful. I like your location too

I tried to kidnap Jasper, but every time, Alice is at the window with a baseball bat, waiting for me. How does she kn--ooh, right.

Posted by WolfWriter on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 13:48
Wow dragonwriter, you are

Wow dragonwriter, you are completley amazing. You are extremely talented, just like everyone else on kidpub.

I have been writing for a long time, and I still have lots of trouble. All of your great ideas just pop up in your head as fast as a blink.

Posted by Justin on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 13:38
Awesome! I love this- thanks

Awesome! I love this- thanks for inventing the concept of soul stories! I'm still not sure if I've found my soul story yet... :D :D :D

My newest book = Ember Hope (http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/ember-hope-very-long-prologue...) Comments would be soooooo appreciated- thanks! (By SIS)

Posted by Bro & Sis on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 13:45
...i. am. speechless. You

...i.

am. speechless.

You are awesome dragonwriter.

I need to wait for my Soul Story.

Undecided

I know. It's weird. But don't blame me, I'm too awesome to be weird :) Teehee...

Posted by Lucky on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 13:53
I think I found my SS.

I think I found my SS.
Phoeq
Well, originally The Hidden.
Then it changed to P/23
and now it's Phoeq.
Even though, it's been changed and tampered with so many times, I think that right now, it's perfect.
I'm  beating myself up right now actually, because I can't write. I can but I just think that my skills aren't good enough for such a story. Call me crazy. But I'm not giving up.

This is great, Dragonwriter! (:

"Writing: It's not a hobby, it's an obbsession." - Me

Posted by Nylie on Tue, 07/27/2010 - 21:23
This is beautiful.

This is beautiful.  Personally, I really liked what you said about just taking a soul story because you want to say you have one.  I thought Tuesday and a Half was my soul story, just because I wanted one.  But I think if I actually knew what my soul story was, the story would just... flow.  It wouldn't be so hard.  Nice guide, DW! :)

*~Word Bandit~* (: This is my signature. Don't you love it? :)

Posted by Bingo on Fri, 07/30/2010 - 08:09
Ugh! I'm so sad!! after

Ugh! I'm so sad!! after reading that i know i'll never find my soul story!! i'm just not a good enough writer!! even if i found mine, i bet it would be terrible. i just wish i could be as good a writer as all of you!! i just will never be good enough... Cry i wish i was as talented as all of you here on kidpub...

When life gives you lemons make grape juice then step back and let people wonder how you did it.

WRITE, NOT FIGHT!

Posted by Jack D on Fri, 07/30/2010 - 03:57
Anyone can write and be good

Anyone can write and be good at writing. Don't be so depressed! You can practice and get feedback (that's why we're on kidpub: to get better at writing). Every person has a story. Anyone can be a good writer! You just need to get rid of those stupid inner critics that are telling you you're a bad writer. They are evil. I fired mine.

----------------------------

There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Silence is golden. "Well, noise is platinum!" -my sister

Posted by Wendy on Thu, 08/19/2010 - 09:23
couldn't have said it better

couldn't have said it better myself, wendy :)

95% would cry if they saw ROBERT PATTINSON (Edward Cullen - Twilight, New Moon) standing on top of a sky scraper about to jump. If you're one of the 5% who would sit there eating pop corn saying "DO A FRONTFLIP!!" copy this and paste it in your signature

Posted by dragonwriter (S... on Thu, 08/19/2010 - 11:18
To Wendy: Thanks! Yeah, my

To Wendy: Thanks! Yeah, my inner critics kinda suck. Ones callewd BOB and the other's called BILL. BOB is very sarcastic (shut up, BOB, i'm telling the truth) and BILL is just downright mean (yeah, BILL, I went there!) I think I might fire them like you did. I think I might get new ones. Maybe they'll be called JIM and TIM!

To dragonwriter: I LOVE YOUR SIG! IT TOTALLY ROCKS! I TOTALLY AGREE! IF I WAS WATCHING HIM  ALL I'D BE DOING WAS SCREAMING "JUMP! JUMP! JUMP!"

When life gives you lemons make grapejuice and then step back and let people wonder how you did it!

Posted by Jack D on Fri, 08/20/2010 - 08:09
One question though: If I

One question though: If I were to find my soul story, would it belong to you because you came up with the concept?

Quick! What's the number for 911?! -Buckwheat

Shayok is my name...I IZ INDIAN!! CURRY BLAST!!! -Shayok

Prunes are just big raisins. -Me

Posted by Camille on Thu, 08/19/2010 - 15:57
are you kidding me? no!!! no

are you kidding me? no!!! no no no no no!!!!

Posted by dragonwriter (S... on Thu, 08/19/2010 - 19:34
But then there's me, the

But then there's me, the inventor of the Soul Story trend that is now striking KidPub like lightning.

That was the sentence that worried me. Then again, I'm not a trend follower so I guess I just won't bother.

Prunes are just big raisins. -Me

Posted by Camille on Fri, 08/20/2010 - 16:16
Camille, you do whatever you

Camille, you do whatever you want. just please dont' insult and make fun of things that you don't understand

Posted by dragonwriter (S... on Fri, 08/20/2010 - 22:36
I really love this idea! You

I really love this idea! You did a wonderful job explaining it!

I'm not sure if I found my soul story yet...

Posted by Sindu on Sun, 09/05/2010 - 13:17