/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Confidence. | KidPub Press //
Confidence.

Confidence.

Posted August 24th, 2012 by KailaC

by Rue(SillyTaco)
in Your Mind (dun dun duuuuunnnnn)

August 24th, 2012

Hello! It's 11:00 pm right now, and despite the fact that I should be in bed, I felt a sudden urge to write this, and I knew that I wouldn't be able to sleep until I did.

As we all know, back to school time is in full effect. Some of us have already hit those daunting hallways, while others are still trying to enjoy the sliver of summer vacation that we have left. I personally don't start school until next week (Aug. 29th), but it is a topic that has defiantly been on my mind.

One of the things that I have been doing to get myself ready for school is washing my face with a good wash, to clear up my face. I'm only going into the 7th grade, and even though my acne isn't terrible, it's still there. Recently, it has become very clear, something that it hasn't been in a long time. With my clear face and a new shirt that I
really like, it had me feeling...confident. And that's what I want to talk about.

Confidence is an odd word for me. It is something that I feel like I have, but yet I feel plagued with insecurities. I care a lot about how my face looks, and pretty much ow my body looks. For example, if I really, really want to wear shorts, but my legs are a little hairy, I won't wear them because I'll feel like someone, somewhere is judging me. The thing is, this is only for school. If I am around people I don't know, I don't care what they think, because I'll never see them again, but at school, I know and see these people everyday, so they have time to rack up things to say about me. I think this might come from the background that I have from being bullied in elementary school, but those are just small things, that I only ever sir down and really think about every once in a while.

I also want to talk about the of being "pretty." I remember one day, when I sat in my bathroom, and cried because I didn't think I was pretty. I would compare myself to other girls in my school, to people who aren't built anything like me. Along with thinking that I wasn't pretty, I also thought that I had no friends, and that I couldn't make any friends, no matter how hard I tried. These thoughts mostly occurred throughout the first semester of the sixth grade. At that time, I really didn't like myself, or the people I was around.

I eventually got out of this horrible state by stepping back and appreciating what I had right in front of me. I already had two great and supportive friends, a loving family, other friends that didn't go to school with me, and much more. I allowed myself to let go, show a bit more of my personality, and make even more friends along the way.

For every single person reading this, I want you to give yourself a nice, big hug. I want you to know that you are amazing. In fact, if you are reading this, I want you to make a list of Ten Things You Love About Yourself, and post it as a response to this on KidPub. Of course, you always have the choice. This is not a contest, I just want at least one person to feel better about themselves after reading this, and find things about themselves that they can love and appreciate. Self hate is one. Of the worst things that can happen to you, and I can happen quite easily. Luckily for me, it didn't last that long. If you or someone you know is hating on themselves, find something that you are good at, or love doing, and just invest yourself in it. Trust me, taking your mind off things and doing something that makes you feel good can change your whole mindset. :)

Honestly, I don't care if I get one read or one thousand. If there is another pair of eyes that took the time out of their day to read this and take in what I have just written, it would make my day.

It is now 11:36 pm, and now that I have gotten that off my chest, I think it is time for bed. I hope you all have a wonderful school year and goodbye!

See more stories by Rue(SillyTaco)
*le thumbs up* As I don't

*le thumbs up*

As I don't want to clog, I'll do my list here.

1. The fact that I'm a writer.

2. The fact that I can turn myself from sad to happy-ish in a matter of hours.

(It's easier to make what I hate about myself. I've been subconsciously thinking about it today)

3. The fact that my self-esteem is high, though I've become pretty pessimistic (sp?) during these days.

4. The fact that I always want to put my two cents in.

5. The fact that I think that I support a lot of things that include freedom.

6. The fact that it's easy to make friends for me. Most of the time.

7. The fact that I'm neutral at everything, not really REALLY bad at anything except for Chinese and being humble and nice.

8. The fact that I've got a pretty high endurance level and have strong determination.

9. The fact that I don't judge people by their appearance, unless they have a really haughty and don't-touch-me-with-your-filthy-hands look.

10. The fact that I'm not as hopelessly spoiled as my friend Kyla.

That made me smile (:

A person who is happy will make others happy. A person who has courage and faith will never die in misery!~Anne Frank.

Posted by Medusa (Lauren) on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 08:25
I loved that-it was opening

I loved that-it was opening and meaningful. 

Let's see...

1. I can walk up to people and start a conversation

2. I have special skills in me that not everyone can do. 

3. I can accomplish anything I set my imagination to.

4. I have a soul, a body, and a mind. 

5. I love reading and writing. 

6. I love my hair, eyes, and freckles. 

7. I am not ashamed of my appearance.

8. I love everyone around me.

9. I make friends who help me as I help them.

10. I know I am beautiful inside and out. I have confidence. 

:D That was random...reachin deeeeeeeep inside of me...........anyways, I loved your piece, and have a wonderful school year!

This is the edge. :D In a place previously unmapped, a deserted town stands silently, void of any life...or does it? In the depths of an attic, people hide from the outside. It's time to escape Wasp Hill Valley.

Posted by Epicness (Laura) on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 08:55
Okay Let me think, 1. I can

Okay Let me think,

1. I can start a conversation with anyone.

2. I don't brag about myself while around other people (this doesn't count as bragging, right?)

3. I can remember anything with numbers.

4. I am intelligent enough to be part of the TAG program in my city

5. I am not judgemental

6. I respect everyone.

7. I have a big enough group of friends

8. I love myself

9. I care for my brothers, even though they annoy me sometimes

10. People can trust me to tell me their secrets, and I can actually keep them

This was an amazing post, and I'm glad I read it.

CACrules :D ".....in twenty-four hours, it will be exactly one year since I had been captured." ~Anisha: Forever Gone

Posted by CACrules :D on Fri, 08/24/2012 - 09:45