/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Daisy a short story | KidPub Press //
Daisy a short story

Daisy a short story

Posted April 8th, 2019 by chicken123

April 8th, 2019

Daisy’s mind was filled with jumbled thoughts. Thoughts of her home. The home she had to leave behind. Tears streamed down her face, like a waterfall bursting through the rock it was trapped behind. Her heart zoomed and beat like the tracks shaking from the train she was on. Her parents had been sent to war. They said it was “their duty.” But wasn’t Daisy their duty too?

She let her mind wander. Back to the fun summers and weekends that they spent together away from school. Back to the happy moments and birthdays and fun parties. The times when being a family, was a reality. Now, everything was

Just

So
Lonely.

She was being shipped to an orphanage. A place where people claimed she would be safe. Where the war couldn't reach her. But she wasn't so sure.

She had packed her small bags, which contained everything she owned. She had sat herself down on the train she was on now, and she had been brave enough for her and her parents. She just didn't know if that was enough.

She lightly touched her finger to a water drop running down the outside of the window. She knew she couldn't touch it, but she wondered what it felt like to fall and rain down devoid from the world. Falling freely without wondering what might happen or what could happen.

Daisy looked away from the window, closed her eyes, and put her hands in her lap. She would try to be strong. For her parents. For herself.

“I will see them again.” She told herself out loud. She believed she would.

This is really good! In the

This is really good! In the title it says it’s a short story, so are you still going to continue! If you are, I’m excited to read more!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by tis.the.season.alem on Mon, 04/08/2019 - 19:15