//
Elementaltisim Incident 1: The World Turned Upside-Down (Part One)

Posted April 17th, 2017 by CatKeeper

by Julia
in Rhode Island

April 17th, 2017

Hey. This is Oblitius.

I live in a world that seems normal to me, but most likely wouldn’t to you. I hear you live in a world without dragons, magic, or anything fun. I may sound braggy, but trust me. You’ll think your world sucks after I tell you about mine.

My world is like, um, I don’t even know how to begin. I’ll just start my story.

It all began when I was simply walking through the woods. Naturally, I was killing everything I touched. I have powers of Death. I can transform into a Miasma Cloud. So, you know, I probably shouldn’t of been walking in the woods in the first place. But if I hadn’t, well, then this entire thing wouldn’t of happened. I guess it was a good thing I was on a death spree, then.

Anyway. It was a pretty good walk, if I do say so myself. The grass was dying beneath my feet, the vines I ran my hand through shriveled and fell to the ground, and trees I leaned against died instantly. It was normal (for me), and entertaining to watch the tiny sprites in the trees become annoyed and move to another tree. I made a game out of it. I killed a tree, watched one sprite, killed the tree it moved to, and so on.

And that was when everything changed. There was one sprite I had been following for a while, and I was worried I was going to have to stop soon because that sprite looked ready to bite. And believe me, you do not want to be bitten by a sprite. It stings like crazy and leaves a welt that stays for weeks. It’s not a mistake you make twice.

But anyway, I was considering stopping when I came to one tree that it went into, and when I killed it a person fell right through it! He looked like a human, but also he was wearing clothes that looked almost made out of vines and leaves. “Woah!” he said. “What on earth-oh, did you do this?” He looked at a sprite nearby. The same one I had been chasing out of trees. The plant person still hadn’t noticed me, even though I was standing less than a foot behind him.

The sprite spoke sprite language, which I don’t understand most of, but I caught something like ‘why would I do that?’ or ‘why are you blaming me?!?!?’ Like I said, didn’t get most of it but the sprite was right. Why would it do that? Then it turned around to face me. It pointed with one of its tendrils. He turned around, and upon noticing me for the first time promptly straightened up.

“Who are you?” I didn’t like the way he said it. It sounded like a challenge. Well, I thought, if he wants a challenge, a challenge it shall be.

“Funny, I was just about to ask you the same thing! What are you even doing here?” I was pretty proud of my snappy comeback.

“Excuse me?!?” he said. “For your information, these are the Plant Wielder's woods. Unless you’re a Plant Wielder--which you’re obviously not--you can’t be here. So really, what are you doing here?”

Oh man. Whoops!

I’d heard of the Plant Wielders before. They lived in a sacred forest, but no one knew which one. Well, I just found out. Supposedly, they had extremely powerful plant magic. Like, they could shoot beanstalks all the way to the giants in the sky with a snap of their fingers.

I figured as long as I was in trouble I had better make the most of it. “I’m enjoying a stroll in these woods. You want to make something out of it?”

His eyes narrowed. “Let’s go.” his fingertips sparked green. I knew what that meant. He was activating his magic. I activated mine too. My fingertips sparked black.

He shot bursts of vines at me. I simply put up a Death Shield and all of them died when they touched it. He raised his eyebrows. While he was distracted I transformed into a Miasma Cloud and scooped him up. I brought him into the air, where I had the advantage. I then let go of him and transformed back into my human form (looks like this).

I’m aware it looks like I have no arms. But I do.

While we were falling I transformed into the spirit of a sugar glider that died in a tree nearby very recently. I spread my gliders and fell like a feather while the Plant Wielder just kept falling… and falling… and falling… and falling. I wondered why he didn’t just summon a giant leaf under him or something. Then I saw it. His fingertips were green, he was trying to save himself. But he couldn’t. He wasn’t powerful enough.

I realized I had to do something about this or I was going to have to take his soul to the underworld. That wouldn’t be fun, since he was Plant he would resist the magic and would be very hard to bring. So I Shape-Shifted into a Miasma Cloud and grabbed him again. I floated us gently to the ground, and set him down. Then I Shape-Shifted back to human.

“Who are you?” I asked. He definitely wasn’t powerful enough to be a Plant Wielder. They gained all their powers from age 1, I was told.

“I-I told you. I’m a-a-”

“You’re not a Plant Wielder.” I cut him off. “Who ARE you?”

He seemed to be at a loss for words. Finally he answered. “I’m a Sylvan.” That made sense. Sylvans were like Plant Wielders, but less powerful. It also took them longer to gain their powers. That explained why he looked about 10, like me, but didn’t have all his powers. I didn’t know why he tried to sell himself off as a Plant Wielder, though.

“Why did you pretend to be a Plant Wielder?”

“I’m not very powerful,” he explained. “I hoped if you thought I was a Plant Master you would leave me alone.”

Yeah. How far did you get with that, buster? I wanted to ask him. But I didn’t. I figured that would only tighten the tension already in the air. What I really said was, “Seriously?”

He nodded. Plant Master is another name for Plant Wielder.

I stared at him. He should've known that doesn’t work on most. Psychics can read your thoughts, Histories can use their knowledge to find out whether you’re actually telling the truth or not, and people with powers like Fire can easily overpower a Plant Master. I mean, that one should of been obvious. Fire? Plants? Yup.

Some people even have a category like nymphs. There are lava nymphs, water nymphs, war nymphs, any type you can imagine, it’s there. Actual nymphs are only one type, but if your power is nymphs, you can transform into any of them. If one of those went up against a Plant Master they would just turn into a Fire Nymph, or a Lava Nymph. Then they would win in a matter of seconds.

You know, now that I think about it I should of put what he looked like a lot earlier than this. Here it is.

“Uh… Death Girl-Person-Killer-whatever you are, can I make another promise with your pinkie thing?”

“My name’s Oblitius, and it depends on what it is.”

“Right. Can you promise me that… um, that if I need to leave but possibly (this is a big maybe) come back later, I can do that?” I could tell that by the way he was looking to run off he needed to do something important, and fast.

“Alright.” We shook on it.

“OKgottagobye!” he said, as he took off running toward a large clump of trees. I heard some rustling, though I couldn’t see anything. A minute later he came back looking less bewildered. I had a pretty good guess of what he did, but there was no way I was going to say it out loud.

“Now that I’m back, where are we going?”

“I can’t tell you that-yet.”

“Why not?”

“Because I don’t know your name. Do tell.”

“Cedar.”

“Alright, Cedar, we’re going to my house.”

“Where exactly is your house?”

“You’ll find out.”

We walked for a while, and we finally came to my house. It’s pretty simple, and it’s in one of the minor Death Plains in Maine, there’s not many of them. I guess it was pretty lucky that I picked the plains I did for my house.

We went inside. My house is one room. The room looks like this.

The house looks like it has a roof from the outside, but that’s just an illusion.

“Wait… what?” Cedar was confused.

“Welcome to my house, or more like the mudroom of my house.” I walked over to one mirror, and touched it. It glowed and shot a thin beam of light towards the center altar.

“Whoa.” Cedar walked over to the mirror. I was already over by the second one, so my back was turned to him. He reached out to touch it, and I felt the disturbance. I felt my Death Forme take over.

I lay on the ground, shivering in the light. Full Death Formes can’t handle light. I felt myself shift back to normal. Cedar was there in an instant.

“Are you OK?” he asked.

I only managed a nod in response, and croaked, “Water.”

Cedar looked around, and rushed out. He came back a moment later with a leaf cup filled with water from the stream near my house. It’s clean water.

Knowing that the leaf cup would disintegrate the moment I touched it, I levitated it with a Death Ball and poured the water down my throat. I was instantly better, it’s Death Water. Anyone that’s not a Death who drinks it instantly dies.

“I don’t think you should touch that again.” I told Cedar. He nodded in agreement.

I walked over to the third one. Cedar examined the first-from a distance. But of course something else had to go wrong, only bad things happen when a Sylvan is in a Death’s house. Walking over to me Cedar slipped on a loose stone and his head slammed at full force into the mirror.

“AAAHHUUK!” I screamed. I lost my footing. I puked. I Death Formed. When I regained my vision,  I was staring at the deer I had eaten for lunch, and the beam from the mirror was at full force. Cedar was trapped inside it. No saving him now. He was D-E-A-D dead. This was not going to be fun.

When the beam died down, Cedar was lifeless on the ground. Somehow, I managed to pick myself up and morph into his spirit. It felt horrible, especially because I was already weak. Then I saw it. Since I was in Cedar’s spirit, it didn’t see me and came. The Mist!

The Mist is what comes for dead people when there’s nothing in the area that could otherwise do the job. When I went into Cedar’s spirit I had gone on a chance that there would be a Miasma Cloud somewhat close by. Those are slower than the Mist, and I would of had enough time to revive him before one got here.

This is what the Mist looks like.

Image result for purple mist

Like that, except without the purple in the background. The background is the Mist Realm. That’s where the Mist lives when it’s not taking someone.

Using my Spirit Powers, I blasted the Mist, and it backed away-far enough away that I could swoop into Cedar’s body. I saw black, and then blurriness. But when the blurriness cleared, the Mist was lifting Cedar’s body into the air. I tried to wake him up. As his spirit, that should've been easy. But as a reminder, he was Plant, and Plant+Death=HARD TO WAKE UP.

I thrashed about, and when I punched him in the gut from the inside out he snapped awake. The Mist instantly dropped him, realizing he wasn’t dead anymore, causing him (and me) to hit the ground hard. As the Mist disappeared, I regained my vision for the millionth time in fifteen minutes. I was about to become my shadow to become me again, but then Cedar scrambled up.

“What happened, Oblitius? I slipped, and then-OH MY GOSH! Oblitius! Are you alright?”

He rushed over to my limp body. I was getting agitated. All he needed to do was hold still, and I could get back to me. But he was too busy getting water, pouring it on my face, shaking me, trying to wake me up. Needless to say, he couldn’t BECAUSE I WAS TRAPPED INSIDE HIM!

Suddenly I had a thought. What if I could think as his spirit, and tell him to hold still for once? I tried it. OI! Cedar! I thought.

Who are you? he thought back.

I face palmed, and thought, I’m the spirit of you that is telling you HOLD STILL FOR ONCE! Oblitius isn’t coming back, no matter what you do. So stop trying.

Why are you telling me this, conscience?  Cedar replied.

Aren’t you supposed to listen to your conscience?

Yeah, but in most movies I’ve watched or in books I’ve read the conscience is a bad guy. What’s with you? If Oblitius isn’t coming back, shouldn’t I just leave?

Heck no! Can you please just do as I say? Something good will happen if you do!

Why should I trust you?

Because, if I’m leading you down a bad path here, I will literally come out of you so you can kill me. Not that you actually could, I added to myself.

That seems like a fair deal. Here goes.

Cedar sat down, perfectly still. He wasn’t even breathing, and he was already turning red. OK, you can breathe and blink. But nothing else. He let out a deep breath and inhaled quickly.

Finally, finally, I came out. But because I was just my shadow, he didn’t see me. He looked around. “Hello? Conscience? You gonna do whatever you were going to do?”

I couldn’t respond, and nothing did because he never had a conscience. Or at least, never one that talked to him. Soon I connected my shadow to me, and transferred myself to me again! I sat up, inhaling deeply. Air never felt so good.

“Conscience! Did you do that?” Cedar said, rolling his eyes back into his head as if he was trying to look at his conscience.

“No, it’s me, Oblitius.”

“Wait a second! My conscience said you weren’t coming back!”

“That was me. I possessed your spirit and woke you up. I can only come out of a body if they’re still.”

“So you impersonated my conscience.”

“Yes.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah. You wouldn’t hold still, so I did what I had to do.”

“Remind me that if I ever die again and you’re around I should hold still when I come back to life.”

“You should. Done.”

By this time the portal was activated. “Hey. Do me a favor and wipe your feet off before coming in.” I said, as I stepped into the portal and disappeared.

A moment later, Cedar appeared behind me, and promptly dropped to his knees and barfed all over the ground. “Oh yeah, I forgot to warn you,” I said. “You’ve got to brace yourself for the trip.”

“You think?” Cedar said, and tossed his cookies one more time before shakily getting to his feet.

“Yes,” I said. “I think so.”

“Where are we?” Cedar asked, looking around.

“Welcome to my home.” My house is in the Dark Dimension. Once, I was trying to go to the Dark Dimension but accidentally ended up in the Dance Dimension. It’s so bright there, and all the happiness made me sick! Seriously, they had to call in every single janitor they had. That’s like, hundreds.

The Dark Dimension looks like this.

It’s kind of blurry, I know, but that’s because photos never turn out well in the low light. You have to use a Dark Lens, and even then it still almost doesn’t work. I had to edit this photo a ton just to get it as good as it is now.

Cedar then said, “Hold on. This entire thing is your house?”

“No!” I replied. “My house is this way.” I lead Cedar down the path to my house, which is a castle high on a cliff. It’s really cool (it’s not a photo, it’s a painting):

See the wolf in the picture? That’s one of my few pets. His name is Raven. He’s friendly unless you hurt him.

When we came to my house, Cedar started quaking in his shoes. Which was weird, because he wasn’t wearing shoes. But he said, “Your house is up *gulp* there?”

“Yeah. You afraid of heights or something?”

“No, it’s just radiating evil energy. I seriously don’t like it.”

“Here. Put this on.” I handed him a Dark Crystal Earring.

“Really? An earring?” Cedar was doubtful.

“Yup. Put it on. You won’t regret it, trust me.”

Cedar ever so slowly clipped it to his ear. Once he did, his pupils grew larger and didn’t stop until they completely covered the whites of his eyes. Cedar didn’t know that, however. “Wow!” he said. “That’s incredible! So much better. Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Now come on.”

We walked up the cliff. Raven came out of his doggie door to say hello. Cedar nearly jumped out of his skin. “What! Is! A! Wolf! Doing in your house!”

“He’s my pet. It’s OK, Raven, I’m sure he didn’t mean any offence.”

“Yeah, you better not of!” Raven piped up.

“AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” Cedar literally jumped off the cliff. I sighed, and jumped off after him. I shot down like a bullet until I was falling right next to him. Cedar was flailing around.

“Hold still!” I told him. “If you don’t, I’m leaving you to die.” The fall was infinite. If no one comes and rescues you when you’re falling, you’ll keep falling until you die of thirst. And then you’ll keep falling. At least, your dead body will.

I transformed into a Spirit Brown Owl. In the Dark Dimension, I can transform at will into my Spirit Animal, which is a Brown Owl. I then grew to the size of a pterodactyl, and grabbed Cedar with my claws. I soared upward, and when we reached my house, I dropped Cedar and morphed back to human.

“Dude, that was nuts. Why would you do that?” Raven asked. Yes, my pet wolf can talk.

“You talk!” Cedar was stunned.

“Of course I talk! Don’t you have talking animals, wherever you came from?”

“I-I speak their language, but they don’t speak mine.”

“Well, get used to it. All these animals are dead, so they can speak all languages, as long as they’re in this dimension. If they leave, all they speak is their default language.” I said.

“Yup.” Raven confirmed. “Oblitius saw me die, by a very angry swarm of bees. She couldn’t kill the bees in time, but she tried, and I came with her here. Took me awhile to get used to being a talking wolf too, don’t worry about it.”

“OK, now that that’s cleared up, let’s go inside, I think a thunderstorm’s coming.” Cedar looked nervously at the sky.

“Yeah, here it comes.” Raven dashed inside.

I opened the door. “After you.”

Cedar headed in and I followed. We were instantly greeted by my baby Miasma Cloud, Muagpuacuuls. I’m the only one who calls her that, everyone else calls her Meg. I found her lonely, in the Dead Woods. She followed me home, and now she lives with me.

“WHAT is that?” Cedar said.

“This is Muagpuacuuls.”

Seeing the confused look on Cedar’s face, I quickly explained, “She’s a Miasma Cloud. You can call her Meg.”

“I’ll do that.”

“Most do.”

“Alright, why are we here?”

“We’re here to save another animal.”

I lead Cedar into my Portal Room. I picked up the Nartple I had on the table beside my portal, (They’re fire breathing squids that live in beehives. You find them by smashing beehives. The fire is magic and purple) and squeezed it in the direction of the unlit portal. It spewed purple fire, lighting the portal, and when I set the Nartple back down it went to sleep.

“Oh no.” Cedar could tell what was coming next. “Not another portal. There is no way I’m doing that again.”

“Chill! All you have to do is sit through it, like you were trying to sit in a chair but fell through instead. Trust me, it works.”

“You sure? After the first time, my lungs burned like crazy. I definitely don’t want to do that again, who knows what might happen?”

“I’m positive. Come on!” I walked through. My vision blurred. This portal was a very bumpy ride. And it took a while to get through. As I swam through the grayish mist, I wondered how many times in the past hour my vision had blurred. There was the fight, (1) like 5 times when Cedar brushed and fell into the mirrors, no wait. That was 6. So like, 8 by now. That’s  got to be some kind of record. I should call the world record people. I thought to myself. 8 blurry vision experiences in about an hour. What a day!

I heard a slight thump behind me. I turned around and saw a faint Cedar outline in a sitting position. Then my vision blurred again but cleared up fast, and suddenly I knew why. I had made it. I checked myself. Yup. All good. In that portal your molecules get scrambled, and once I ended up with a leg where a finger should have been, and my nose was attached to my knee. It took me awhile to get resorted after that one. Of course, I didn’t mention that to Cedar. He never would of come along if he knew that.

A second later Cedar burst out of nowhere. He looked up, and I flinched. This was one of the easier (ish) to fix cases, but it was still pretty weird if you were the person it happened to. Cedar’s entire face was sideways. And it probably wouldn’t be as easy as normal anyway. He’s Plant, and it’s hard to fix a Plant with Death.

“Wh-how are you doing that? Actually, scratch that. What are you doing?” I guess it would of looked pretty weird if you were looking at the whole world sideways and didn’t know it.

“Hold on.” I powered up my magic. “This might hurt. No. It will hurt. Brace yourself.”

“WAIT! What?!?!? Why are you going to hurt me?”

“I’ll tell you later.” I blasted the Spirit Ball I was powering up at Cedar’s face.

“AUHK!” he yelled. I then concentrated on a perfectly normal Cedar face in my mind.

“Almost done.” Cedar was turning green. If I didn’t finish soon, I’d have to reincarnate him again, and it’s way less fun the second time. Plus, I would have to go to the God of Death first and get permission. And I’d have to take the body with me. The God of Death doesn’t normally give you permission anyway. Also if I didn’t get permission fast enough, he’d be permanently dead and I’d need to take his soul to the Under World. Again, not fun.

“RAHHH!” Cedar’s Plant Form took over. Plant Forms are actually pretty cool. If I tried to take a picture of one, though, the whole camera would like, die. I don’t know how to describe it. It’s like, let’s just say someone shot a meteor, blew lava all over, and smashed a camera with a sledgehammer all at the same time. The result is about what happens when you take a picture of any power’s Form.

Cedar’s face was almost back to normal. I saw his windpipe close. That was not good. I blasted every single amount of power I had in me focused on restoring Cedar’s face to normal. I saw it right itself, and Cedar returned to normal. Just before everything went dark.

To be continued...

See more stories by Julia
† My dog has four

† My dog has four legs †

This is really good! The pictures add a nice touch. I'll definitely follow this story.

Posted by Lelin Da Flameā€  on Mon, 04/17/2017 - 08:55
This is a really great

This is a really great story! 

CC::

“Excuse me?!?” he said. “For your information, these are the Plant Wielder's woods. Unless you’re a Plant Wielder (which you’re obviously not), you can’t be here. So really, what are you doing here?”

There's something wrong with the paragraph above.

Instead of using parentheses, you can use a hyphen, -, here's the correct version of the paragraph.

“Excuse me?!?” he said. “For your information, these are the Plant Wielder's woods. Unless you’re a Plant Wielder --which you’re obviously not--, you can’t be here. So really, what are you doing here?”

Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that” - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posted by hufflepuff *sy* on Mon, 04/17/2017 - 10:43
OK, thanks! I am TERRIBLE

OK, thanks! I am TERRIBLE with grammar so I'm assuming you're right.

Posted by Julia on Mon, 04/17/2017 - 10:47
Alright can I just say I

Alright can I just say I only got my account here recently, so this story is already 73 pages long. I haven't posted most of it, so part 2 is going to be out REALLY soon. I will let everyone know when I reach the unfinished part, so when I do please suggest new additions to the story (new characters, problems, ect.). Thanks for reading!

Posted by Julia on Mon, 04/17/2017 - 10:59
NICE!

NICE!

Posted by Huntress Fade (... on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 09:11
Also, I can add a character

Also, I can add a character of your choice to the story. It COULD be you, but doesn't need to be. Just tell me what your element is and name, and I'm sure I can work you in somewhere.

Posted by Julia on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 09:56