/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Evil Within (Chapter 2) (Last one for the day) | KidPub Press //
The Evil Within (Chapter 2) (Last one for the day)

Posted September 23rd, 2020 by ElizieAngelina

September 23rd, 2020

After winter break, Sumu was headed back to school. She met up in the front school with her friend, Mirai. Mirai, just like Sumu, was a

female, but had short hair and added a pin to their school uniform. Sumu, however, had to take the bus to school because the family

car was broken. It was a more sunny day, but the snow still was on the ground, not melted. The bell rang, and it was time for English

class. English was one of the neutral classes for Sumu, she kept dozing off in her own universe, thinking about the PS1, and the car 

crash. Even when the bell rang for Science, she sat there for 10 seconds, thinking. Even when her science teacher asked what happens

to loose rocks when rain pours down, she answered: "Uhh...they stay?" That was only the first time she got in trouble that day, and by

lunch she was still thinking. "What's wrong?" Mirai asked. "I got in a car crash on Christmas," Sumu replied. 

"Oh, so that explains why you took the bus..." Mirai said, then wrapped her short hair around her index finger.  "Well, sorry."

"No, it's fine," Sumu consoled. "I'm fine."

At that time, the lights flickered out. Sumu heard many startled shouts from the students, so without thinking, Sumu yelled, "UM...MIRAI...

THIS HAS GOT TO BE A JOKE. IT'S JUST A POWER OUTAGE, RIGHT?!"

Mirai looked terrified, then responded, voice shaking, "I-I don't know. It's not raining, it was sunny this morning. I think you should record

the situation and show it to your parents, Sumu."

Sumu took her phone out of her pocket with clumsy, trembling fingers and nearly dropped it when she heard static over the loudspeaker,

followed by a:

"YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M TALKING TO YOU, SUMU. I'LL GET YOU...AND THAT MOM OF YOURS TOO!"

Sumu felt tears pressing to come out as the students looked at her, but even more shocked as how this demonic voice knew her mother,

Taiyo. The lights flickered back on, and another announcement came over the loudspeaker:

"Sorry, we were having technical difficulties. Please ignore."

"Sumu, I don't think those were just technical difficulties," Mirai said. "What are we going to do?"

"I don't know," Sumu said as she stopped recording. That evening, Sumu said, "Mom, I have something to show you." Taiyo turned around

and said, "Yes, what is it?" Sumu showed the recording on her phone, only for her mom to say, "I should have known," only for Sumu to

gasp.