/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Evil Within (Chapter 3) | KidPub Press //
The Evil Within (Chapter 3)

The Evil Within (Chapter 3)

Posted September 24th, 2020 by ElizieAngelina

September 24th, 2020

"What did you know?" Sumu asked. Taiyo, tears in her eyes, replied, "That isn't any ordinary voice. That's the voice of Mayonaka." Sumu

looked confused, then said, "Who's Mayonaka?" 

"Mayonaka was the true name of your grandmother, Nikko is just a fake name." Sumu was shocked, and replied, voice shaking, "M-my

grandmother is a demon?" Taiyo lowered her eyebrows and said, "Not your grandmother, Sumu. I don't even think of her as my mother

anymore. Now, hurry on to bed."

Sumu went on to bed, dreaming of Mayonaka. 

The next day, just like before, Mayonaka became part of Sumu's thoughts. She was eating her lunch with Mirai, when:

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH! followed by an ear-piercing scream. It was the alarm bell! "Sumu, get under the table!" Mirai warned.

Sumu and Mirai ducked under the table, when they heard "I found a body! I think they're dead!" Quickly, Sumu took Mirai by the arm and

hurried over to where the screams were coming from. Indeed, there was a dead body, but not just any body. It was the body of Aoi, the

student class president. "Aoi just died, I don't know..." said the boy near the body. Suddenly, the lights were out again, just like yesterday

when the lights had gone out when Sumu and Mirai were talking about the car crash. With the same clumsy fingers, Sumu pulled out

her phone and started recording again. And just like last time, Mayonaka's voice rang out:

"I KILLED AOI. IS THAT ENOUGH PROOF?! SO YOU SNOT-NOSES KNOW WHO IT IS? BUT YOU CAN GUESS THE BIGGEST

SNOT-NOSE OF ALL...SUMU!"

Sumu began to tear up again, she didn't want her demon grandmother annoying her at school. Everyone turned to Sumu like last time, she

felt even worse as she saw Mirai putting her hand around Sumu's shoulder. The same techinal difficulties sign, then everyone focused

back to Aoi. After school, Sumu headed to the bus and tugged on Mirai's shoulder lightly. "What is it?" Mirai asked.

"I know you won't believe me, but..."

"Sumu, of course I'll believe you," Mirai consoled. "I always do."

"Well, remember that demonic voice? That was my grandma."

"Okay, Sumu I know I said I'd believe you, but that voice wasn't the voice of a grandma."

"My grandma is a demon, her name is Mayonaka, fake name Nikko," Sumu whispered in Mirai's ear. 

Mirai looked paralyzed, then whispered, "Your grandma is a demon?" only to Sumu's reply, "Yes."

Mirai was shocked, but then nodded. "I promise I won't tell anyone."

At that time, the bus pulled up to Sumu's house as she got off the bus.

"See you."

"See you soon, Mirai."

Sumu went inside and said, "Mom...I have something else to show you."

"Yes, what is it honey?"

After showing Taiyo the recording, she clamped her hand over her head, and said, "She's the kind of person to do something like this. To

avoid any further drama, I've decided to keep you at home,"

"But what about Mirai-"

"You'll still be able to see her, but after school."

"Is it okay if I tell Mirai about Mayonaka?"

"Well, as long as she doesn't tell anyone."

Thank god, Sumu wouldn't get in trouble.

"So no school?"

"Nope, you can sleep up late tonight."

Even though she got more time for staying up, Sumu could not stop thinking about what had just happened. But just when she got ready

for bed, Sumu heard another ear-piercing shriek.