/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Good and Bad Things Come and Go | KidPub Press //
Good and Bad Things Come and Go

Good and Bad Things Come and Go

Posted January 10th, 2018 by NateTheGrate

by Nathan
in California

January 10th, 2018

Good and Bad Things Come and Go

By Nathan Nguyen

“Max!!”

“What?”

“Come down to eat dinner.”

“No I’m playing on the xbox!!”, Max yelled. Max was in his messy room with a 40 inch TV, playing a game called Call of Duty.

“ Maximus Denver Cronos come down here this INSTANT!!”, his mom yelled.

“Ok fine!”, Max yelled.

Max went down stairs with everything prepped to eat, chicken, clam chowder, and rice. “So Max, how was school today?”

“Nothing much, just got a B+ on my test.”

“B+! Ugh! B+!!”

“Yep a B+.”

“You better get that fixed. Work harder next time, ok? After dinner go to your room and study.”

“Yes Ma’am.”

Max’s 12th birthday was in one week and he was so excited. It was spring. With his dad “away” Max was curious where his dad was. His dad was secretly divorced from his mom because his parents thought it was best for his education. Max didn’t know this yet, but it had happened the week before.

“Max” you better be in bed.”

“I am.”

“Ok then I will tuck you in.”

“Mom, when is dad going to come back, I miss him.”

“He’ll come back when he wants to.”

As time passed Max turned 15 years old and made tons of friends in high school. His mom was proud of him and his grades improved into all A’s. His mom turned 53 years old. Max and his mom were currently going through financial problems and they were almost evicted from the house. Max got a job and the money he made was just enough to keep the house longer.

Max got out from school and he walked passed a pole and saw through a window of somebody using a website to find lost people. Max went to the library and looked up Bill Cronos and his dad had a label that said, “Divorced with Stephanie Denver.” Max rushed home realizing how late it was.

“MAX where have you been it’s 10:00pm! No Xbox for the next week!”

“You know what mom, I’M TIRED OF YOU BOSSING ME AROUND IT'S TIME I TAKE MATTERS IN MY OWN HAND!”

“Don’t raise that voice at me young man.”

“Mom I hate you!” As he said that, a tear dropped from his mom’s face. “ Mom why didn’t you tell me that Dad left you.” Max went upstairs and packed his things and he went out the back door leaving his mom as he said,” I thought you trusted me” As he left his mom put her hand on her heart feeling pain.

Max just went out with his friends and lived with them. He went to school as usual. He stayed with his friends for a year with not even a thought of his mom. Max got home from school one day and *ring ring* Max picked up the phone, “ Hello?”

“Hi is this Maximus Denver Cronos?” “ Yes.”

“We have your mom here wanting to see you.”

“who’s calling?”

“The Hospital.” Max dropped his phone and he ran 2 miles to get to the hospital and he saw his mom there on the bed. “ Mom?”

“Yes?”, his mom spoke weakly. “ what’s happening?”

“I...I.. have type 4 cancer and the doctors say I only have 30 minutes to live.”

“What? I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean for you to have cancer.”

“why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“I didn’t tell you because I was afraid you were going to go out your way to take care of me and worrying. You would never leave my side.”

“I’m so sorry mom, I love you.” Max shed a tear and his mom putting her hand over his head.

A doctor came in and they explained that her appearance of the cancer was too late.The doctors couldn’t do anything to save his mom. In Max’s head, he thought about all the ways that he could’ve saved his mom. Max had just beaten himself up in his head by telling himself that he is a moron a faker and a bad son to mom. As he and his mom talked about how he failed her and how he could’ve been better, his mom stopped him.

“Max I love you, and you can’t change what is happening, you have to live life moving forwards, not back.”

“Mom please don’t go I want to be with you please, I’m sorry.”, as Max wept. “ Maximus, I will always be with you, I love yo……”, his mom said weakly. As Max heard the flat line of the machine beside him. Max cried and regretting everything he did that made his mom feel sad or being disrespected.

Max went back to his old house where he lived with his mom to sleep and he had nightmares about his mom dieing over and over again. Then he woke up in the morning, brushed his teeth and went to school. He got through one day of school and went home all by himself. Then he went on the same website to find lost people and looked up his dad, “Bill Cronos”.

“What?”, Max said in shock. He saw a label that said “divorced with Kimberley” Max was confused and he sat there not knowing what to do until he heard a knock at the door. * knock knock*

“Who is it?”, Max said. Max opened with no hesitation for some friends to comfort him. A big man came in, about 6 feet tall. “ Max?”, the man said in a distorted voice.

“What do you want?”, Max demanded.”

“I, am your father”, in a distorted voice. The man revealed his face and the shock on Max’s face dropped. “Hi Max.”, in a soothing voice.

“I heard about the news about your mother dieing from type two cancer. I'm so sorry.”, his dad spoke.

“DAD?!!!!”, Max said in shock. Max jumped up and hugged his dad and felt the comfort of a pillow and warmth from his dad’s green sweater.

“I am so glad you are back!”, max said in joy.

Max at the same time was mad at his dad for not telling him about the divorce.

“Dad why didn’t you tell me that you and mom divorced!”, Max shouted.

“I am sorry that i didn’t tell you sooner, I didn’t want you to worry about us. So I told her to tell you I was going somewhere and I was hoping that you would forget about me and keep your grades up.”

“That’s exactly what mom said when she died in the hospital. I am just glad to have you back dad. Please don’t ever leave me again I get lonely when I can’t talk to anyone.” , Max said.

“I beg of you Max please forgive me and I will be a great father and I will never leave you. I love you son, Please forgive me. Maximus.”, Bill said in desperation.

“Good and bad things do come and go, right dad?”

“You are absolutely right.”

See more stories by Nathan
OH NOES! A lot of the words

OH NOES! A lot of the words are cut off! I can't read it all D:

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by qU@2T$m@$t32 on Wed, 01/10/2018 - 08:36
True, but this is really a

True, but this is really a good story.....if not very sad. Good job tho!

Posted by Cherith on Wed, 01/10/2018 - 12:48