/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Good Evening, Kidpub | KidPub Press //
Good Evening, Kidpub

Good Evening, Kidpub

Posted November 27th, 2008 by AlecO

by Alec

November 27th, 2008

Hello, Kidpubbers. I have not been regularly visiting the site for a while now, and now that I am back, I have to say...

I am not impressed.

Being an "old guy" who's been with Kidpub since the notebook paper days, I am rather disappointed that Kidpub seems to have dissolved into txt spk lol :D. In case you didn't know, I use this disgusting form of English with sarcasm. Everywhere you look, we have "stories" about OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!1 :D PLZ COMMENT LOL LOL, or non-funny videos that seemed to have crawled from the pits of Youtube. Kidpub used to be about writing, that all important thing that the sight was formed on. Now it is simply another piece of garbage cluttering the internet, with uneducated children spouting extremely un-informed phrases such as OMG I HOPEZ OBAMAS WINZ CUZ GORGE BUSH SUX LOL. Ugh. The "Writer's Block" is one prime example of this. Now, I know you will all lash out with extreme fury at my rant, trying to come up with pseudo-witty arguments. But I am ready for this.

Bring it.

Alec O'Connor

See more stories by Alec
Alec, I can see by nonneeded

Alec,

I can see by nonneeded obsevration that you are apparently - and obviously upset that people on Kidpub aren't doing the writing that the website is for. Well, I think I speak for everyone here but sometimes we have thouse moments where we are down right crazy and put careless things on here but some do it for a reason. But some people actually do still write here on Kidpub. I come on here to check and post stories and updates about my life or things I want to share. Just remember the glass of water is half full.

-Chelsea

~Born with nothing, die with everything~

Posted by Chelsea on Thu, 11/27/2008 - 19:43
Alec, I don't know if you

Alec,

I don't know if you remember me or not -I'm Rosalie, who wrote Alone In the Middle- and I have been around as long as you have. I've read your stories before and have always contested to the fact that you are an excellent writer. So it does not surprise me that your complaint against the content of KidPub is of course, well-written and well thought out. I applaud you (and bow). And while I do partially agree, with what you are saying, I also disagree. I must admit that the latest posts are and have been for a while now, somewhat inane and a bit needless. But that's because for probably every ten posts, there are maybe two posts written for a purpose. You know, thought out, edited(well, maybe not properly edited) posts that are worth reading! I have to say, when I look at the Newest Stories page, I get a flashback to when I was twelve years old and hadn't been on KidPub for almost a year and people were writing posts that said Hi and nothing else because the notes page was down. And I have to say, that when I started coming back when I was thirteen, and saw that KidPub had changed, looking cleaner and more up to date, I was absolutely thrilled. Now, even in a new format, KidPub is beginning to return to that slump. But there are truly some posts that are the whole point of being on KidPub. And you also have to remember that not all of the Kidpubbians are as mature as you are, and I don't mean the writing is at a lower level, merely that some people do not always act their age or they let their excitement get the better of them. Plus, you have missed some time here. You just have adjust and you'll begin to be able to weed through some of the crud that sits here. I agree; we shouldn't have to weed through it, but that is the situation, and Alec, quite frankly, you will unfortuantely have to deal like the rest of us until KidPub will clean itself up again, which it will, especially if people who's names start with A continue to write posts talking about the patheticness of some works here. Once more, applause is due in your direction, and remember, not everyone enjoys writing in text.

Sincerely,

Solana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. ~ Chinese Proverb

Posted by Solana on Thu, 11/27/2008 - 20:15
Hear Hear to that! "I have

Hear Hear to that!

"I have made a revilation!" Tatsuya groaned. "What's that?" Ailidh asked in a strained voice. "'What's next' is NOT the best question to ask!" Tatsuya and Ailidh Faolan from the Phoenix Egg Chronicals

Posted by Adrian on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 12:47
I was just going through all

I was just going through all of these...and I'll drop an occasional 'lol' every now and then...but I really don't like the 'txt spk' stuff.

Insanity is my magic...

Posted by Stara Aquila on Sun, 05/02/2010 - 20:43
Wow! You tell them

Wow! You tell them chelsea!!!

Posted by Taryn on Fri, 01/09/2009 - 12:54
I agree with Alec  to many

I agree with Alec  to many people are posting random things and are corrupting the site.Alec is right I think everybody should stop posting annoying meaningless posts,comments,storys,Ect

-------------- hi Wolverine of WHACK just posted. have you read redwall??

Posted by Jack on Tue, 02/23/2010 - 09:42
Jeez Alec! Okay people on

Jeez Alec! Okay people on KidPub do do that, but like Chelsea said we do all have our crazy moments.  The LOL's usually mean different things and I understand that there may be a lot of them, but well... really does it mater?  It's just twenty-first century speak, and it does have a place.  Look I don't think you should start another fight.  Like the time you thought I used your name for Ten Ways on How to Get RID of YOUR Family I didn't even know you existed!  *sighs*  Abriviations and such faces are used for normal everyday conversations over internet and sometimes in person.  They are gonna be used!  Just face it; there are going to be abreviations wherever you go!  Besides some of us *coughs*CHELSEA*coughs* can't spell so there will be things like ect. for ecetera or however you spell it!  Not that I'm pointing any fingers *points finger at Chelsea and whistles*

Posted by Adrian on Thu, 11/27/2008 - 19:59
Okay, look. Number one,

Okay, look. Number one, why'd you even post this? Are you looking for an argument? Keep your opinions to yourself, if you know (like you said you did) that people will argue. Apparently you are looking for an argument, due to the use of your words "Bring it on." That, my friend, is uneducated and unprofessional.

Secondly, okay, I agree a little, but please. Just beceause we use "lol" or "omg" every now and then doesn't mean we're dumb, like you suggested by saying "uneducated children". We're educated, we're smart, we write. And Writer's Block is, in fact, just a place for people to have fun and state their opinions! It's not super serious! Kidpub will always be different from all those chat sites. It'll always be fun, and educated, and... y'know, different. A place for people to have fun and show of their talents.

And oh, by the way? You spelled site wrong at one point in your post. Just letting you know.

~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
"Excuses are like butts. Everyone has one and they all stink."-My band teacher (actually, his track coach he had when he was a teenager. But you get the point.)

Posted by Zoe on Thu, 11/27/2008 - 20:13
What! I can too spell! You

What! I can too spell! You try to spell...aw dang...I'll tell you at school...

-Chelsea

Posted by Chelsea on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 16:12
*diss...* *clears throat*

*diss...* *clears throat* They're right, Alec. We are writing. This is a writing website after all.

-Chelsea

Posted by Chelsea on Thu, 11/27/2008 - 21:38
Hey Alec, Remeber me? I was

Hey Alec,

Remeber me? I was on KidPub for a long time to, before you. We were friends right?

Don't get angry at me, but I must say to some extent I support you, but to others I don't.

Yes, KidPub is a writing website. I agree with that. Yes people are using "text language," but might it be that's becuase of time? I don't check over my spelling any more like I used, I use only OMG (not in a girly way, but actually meaning it.) I don't have time to go over my writing anymore on KidPub. Of course it's been months since I actually wrote something, but that's because I've been centered on my book.

Second of all, the way you wrote this post makes it seems like you're superior or something. For example, "I am not impressed."

All people on here are talented. You may not think so, but you shouldn't make it very apperant.

People go crazy on here to, I have random moments.

Writers Block was created to not be serious and for fun.

I agree with you, really. It's just that the way you have stated this post makes you seem, I don't know, criticizing.

Also, the way you said Bring it, it' just not normal.

If you want to, go ahead and think this is a stupid non-witty argument.

I am totally fine with that.

Just calm down, and state your opinion normally, not with superior sarcasm.

I thank you for posting this, but you must lower your somewhat "mean" way of talking.

Once again, we are friends, not enemies,

Krishna Kumar

"You can pick your friend, you can your nose. But you can't pick your friends nose." -From a random license plate

Posted by drsmeesh on Thu, 11/27/2008 - 21:57
This comment said everything

This comment said everything I'm thinking..... You make us all sound like brainless idiots alec and I dont like that

"I regect your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage

Posted by Anya on Sat, 11/29/2008 - 10:16
Well, thank you all for your

Well, thank you all for your comments, and I have to laugh. Laugh because my point has just been proven. The experienced members (Krishna, Rosalie) give educated, well thought out opinions. Yet the newer members (Zoe, Adrian) go for (especially Zoe) idiotic statements like telling me to keep my opinions to myself, or pointing out meaningless errors such as a slight misspelling. In regard to your "opinions" comment Zoe, what are you, a communist? America is all about free speech. I can say whatever I think, and so can you. We can judge what each other say all we want, but going as far as to tell someone to "keep their opinions to theirselves", that is just ridiculous. Now, Krishna and Rosalie, I apologize for not mentioning the few good posts there are at Kidpub. Lauren, Paige, and a few other authors still value the English language and have a taste for good literature.

Whew. Let's see what you have to say to that.

Chuckle, Chuckle --Me

Posted by Alec on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 00:34
Oh Alec. You make me laugh

Oh Alec. You make me laugh so hard. Life would a bit more boring without you and people like you around. I can't wait to see what comes next!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A bird does not sing because it has and answer. It sings because it has a song. ~ Chinese Proverb

Posted by Solana on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 00:53
HEY!!!  I've been on here

HEY!!!  I've been on here for pretty much a year now!!!  I know what the old KidPub was like!!!  That was when I was a guest, but still!!!!!!!  You know I really don't like to get into this kind of stuff and for all of you who know me you know that, but seriously!!  Who cares if we put OMG or LOL because there may be a reason behind the statment!!! Oh and you DO seem like your trying to act all superiour to the rest of us!  Just because you may have been here longer doesn't make you special or anything, it just makes you...nothing!! It keeps you the same!!  Jeez I don't know what the hell I'm doing this for!!!!  But believe me I feel insulted and when I'm insulted duck and cover!!!!!

From a VER VERY TICKED OFF ADRIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Adrian on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 12:57
Yes I shall reply to my own

Yes I shall reply to my own comment, because I can!  Alec for the sake of whatever you see fit to substitute here, I am not trying to make an idiotc statement!!!  You really should keep your lousy opinions to yourself!!!! That hurt!!!  Look people here are suffering from (not that I have anything against guests or newbies) majour population overload.  The new people are posting random things as well as the older people!  And...well let's just say that this argument is a hopless cause.  You can't make anyone change their writing habbits because of what you put here on this page.  I am one of the people posting random things (Note: A Trip Through Twilight and the Rings is not one of them) at times I'm not ashamed to admitt it, but that's only because I've been suffering of MAJOUR writing diprivation.  And I need to start just writing random whatever, so I have something about crazy moments of my life on here and I look at all of the things that I've posted multiple times to try and get insperation.  I don't use what I guess people are calling "Text Talk" because 1) I'm so cut off from civilization that I don't know it and 2) I prefer to write things out.  That doesn't mean that in my character dialoge that there won't b ean OMG or a LOL randomly thrown about, but hey....  All I'm saying is that, well I actually don't know what point I'm trying to prove! *laughs halfheartedly at self* I guess I'm just trying to say that that pointless idiotc thing hurt my feelings and look here people I'M NOT AFRIAD TO ADMITT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Adrian on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 13:46
You really don't get it, do

You really don't get it, do you? In the United States, I do not have to keep my so called "lousy" opinions to myself. I can speak my mind, and you can judge it, but going as far as to say that I shouldn't state my opinions is nearing communism.

Chuckle, Chuckle --Me

Posted by Alec on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 19:36
I think I speak for everyone

I think I speak for everyone when I say this but...why does this bother you? It's a website full of pre-teens, teenagers, and some even younger, we're learning who we are...it's okay for us to do that. Everything doesn't have to be so formal. I am not trying to pick a fight or anything but its getting on my nerves because there is someone unsatisfized with the people here on KP. We're just kids...we'll never be this age ever again. Let of us be...

-Chelsea

Posted by Chelsea on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 20:51
Yeah well... if your trying

Yeah well... if your trying to give yourself a colourfly bad reputation then don't let me get in your way, that first one was just me being myself here!  And I also do understand the whole "It's a fee country I can say what I want"... blah blah blah!!!  That is one of the oldest excuses in the book.  All I'm saying is that just because you CAN speak your opion doesn't mean you SHOULD.  Espesilly with that idiotc statement thing!  You know I'm never gonna forget that. 

Posted by Adrian on Sat, 11/29/2008 - 09:30
I value the English

I value the English language, and I can’t even use text talk correctly, if there is a correct way. Yes, I know this post is old.

“When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when the tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.” George Bernard Shaw

Posted by L.S.Trendom on Mon, 11/29/2010 - 14:29
Okay Alec... Admittedly,

Okay Alec...
Admittedly, there is a lot of new talk *txt tlk* but not everyone uses it. I'm not trying to refute what you are saying. I title some of my stories with a "Please critic" ending *yes, I say critic*. But there are many who still write. Like you said, Paige, Lauren and some others still write, would you call it, 'real' stories, but sometimes, you have to let out your feelings. Isn't that what writing is for?
Yes, times are changing, talking is changing, more and more slang is veing inserted into stories. I'm not saying I like that. I'm not going to "lash out with extreme fury" or spend my Thanksgiving time "trying to come up with pseudo witty arguments".
I don't read as many stories on here as I used to. I don't comment nearly as much as I used to. But I do, enjoy the quality stories, community and friendships that are created in KidPub.
I read stories that others started posting before a lot of the reforms. Mind you, I've only been here since February. But the stoires that I have read, including Letters From Ireland *By the way, if you stop that story I will not be happy* are so good that it erases any misgivings I have about the site.

So, if you disagree with me, that's fine. If you call me a hypocrite because sometimes I slip in a BTW when I'm in a hurry, that's your choice.
But please don't be mad at me for anything I've just said, if you somehow find hidden offense that slipped in unintentionally.

Your Fellow Writer,
Calla Jae

Mac+Intense Writer=No life

Posted by Cj on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 11:28
please prepare yourself for

please prepare yourself for what is sure to be a very long comment.

Ok, Alec, I have known you for a pretty decent amount of time. I have been on KP for a decent amount of time...not as long as you have, but, as KP tends to do, it seems like I have been on longer than i have.

Yes, we are in sort of a writing slump. Yes, we post stupid and random things. But i think part of the reason that some people retaliated the say they did was because it's not our fault. For the most part, the vetrans do not post dumb and random things. You must have realized that we have tons of visitors these days, and recentl we have been flooded with newbies. While it is great to see other kids interested in writing, some of these newbies are to blame for the needless stuff on the Newest Stories page. not all of them, please do not think i am against newbies, but some of them. I agree that we are in a slump and the quality of writing has gone down.  but we cannot control what others post. i have not subjected to this....i only post something that is either a? writing or b? something i think other kidpubbians will be interested in. yes, i use *txt speak*, but that doesn't mean i am stupid or lazy. i never use text speak in my stories, unless the character happens to be IMing someone, which they usually never are. i use it in comments and in Writer's Block and while emailing people.  yeah, i mess up spelling sometimes, but don't we all?

And yes, i must agree with what someone previosuly said: the Writer's Block is ment to be goofy and random. It is not all about writing. Heck, we have an entire section titled "Random." it's just a place for ideas and laughs and getting to know people better.

I have a feeling that this won't sit well with you, but i'll say it anyways, cuz Zoe is my friend, and i stand up ofor my friends. Zoe, for starters, is not new. She has been on since, like, last March or something. Although it's horter than you, me, and others, you cannot call her new. She has produced some quality writing and poetry, and is one of the reasons why KP has not fallen into total disarray. To my knowledge, she has never posted anything saying, "OMG! OMG!" on the Newest Stories page. That is not her. And secondly, that blunt answerof hers? that, i must tell you, is just pure Zoe. That is how she replies to things that she has opinions about. it is her arguing style, is you will. While it might not be the best--is there such a thing as a good arguing style?--it is hers, and i must respectfully tell you i don't think you have the right to insult it. She could just as easily insult your formal tone--which she actaully did, but i think my point is made. She's just being her firey, smart self.

I told you this was going to be long. Hopefully people are still reading this, and not fallin alseep in front of their computers. Hopefully I am not hated.

I still think you are a great writer, Alec, and hopefully we can remain friends after this disagreement.

Thanks for hopefully staying awake through the course of this comment,

Tess

Yeah, I am weird. And your point would be? *winks*

Peace, Love and Jacob Black~my LIFE~

It depresses me that Twilight isn't real *sad face*

My red hair gives me super powers!~a t shirt of mine~

Posted by Red on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 12:42
Alec, I agree that some of

Alec,

I agree that some of the posts are unnecessary, and that we have an "IM-ish" page on this site. But that doesn't mean that change is bad! We're in the 21st century for Pete's Sake! If we stayed with the notebook format (yes, I was here at the time), we wouldn't have as many guests or members as we do today! Our guest and member numbers have gone up since fall! I think that this is due to the increase in technology. And you know what? I absolutely love it. I love the new WB, the thechnology increase, more people, and new things on this site.

Now, about the unecessary posts. Maybe we could teach the newer and younger writers not to do something like that. Maybe we should put our foot down and tell them to stop it because it defeats Kidpub's purpose. Ever thought about that?

Sorry if any of this sounds a bit pushy...

Gabriella

Normal people are cool with me. I try as much as I can to be normal but I always end up being crazy and awesome like that. I should really stop trying. ~Me

Posted by Carissa on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 13:40
Just because we're new

Just because we're new doesn't mean we are young.

Posted by Anya on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 20:54
Just because e'rre new

Just because e'rre new doesn't mean we use text speak. And don't ba calling my friend ( Adrian) A newbie!!!!!

Posted by Anya on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 15:32
Go Anya! *cough* I

Go Anya! *cough* I mean...

-Chelsea

Posted by Chelsea on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 16:11
When I read the last part I

When I read the last part I got extremly mad. Tho me one of your last scentences is a insult to all of our Intullect. It makes us sound like idiots. people only speack that way in chat rooms because it is a faster way of writing. When we write our stories we use the "common" way of typing. Just because you have been on here longer then some doesn't mean you have to be a know it all to say it lightly. If you think that you are suppior to the rest of us because you have been on here all of a year and some thenGET A CLUE! You must be some old geezer if you think the way some people type (when they are chatting informally) is wrong. This is a free country and you have a right to express your opinions but you don't have  to do it rudely!!!!!Yell

Posted by Anya on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 20:52
-ahem- Lauren has arrived.

-ahem- Lauren has arrived. *winks*

(I apologise in advance for any spelling mistakes, because I can't see half of the comment box....*curses*)

I just read the entire thing, and frankly, I am disgusted. Well, disgusted is probably the wrong word, but there was a lot of fighting there, and that is not what KidPub is about (in my eyes). I have nothing against you posting this, Alec, and stating your opinion and bringing up this issue, but I think it probably would have been better not to. One thing I didn't like about the way you brought this up is how your comment "I am not impressed" seems to be written as though you are in some way superior to us. That's just the way I perceived it. Also, “uneducated children”? Give me a break. That’s just not on - it was uncalled for and inappropriate; everyone on here is talented and educated, although sometimes they don’t show it – for reasons I don’t know, but I’m not going to clal them things. Oh, and in your last sentence, as others have touched on as well - "Bring it". That was just looking for an argument.

Age is a factor in this, I think. As others have said, a lot of younger Kidpubbians post random things, and most of the younger ones who do this are the newbies. My opinion? I think we'd like to make it clear to everyone that we want this to be a WRITING site, not a site for random posts, but really, we can't put out foot down or anything because - as Alec and everybody else was pointing out but for a different reason –  everyone has freedom of speech; this is a free site and everyone has every right to post stuff. We can't make people not use chatspeak and such, but we shouldn't encourage it... Because, after all, this is a writing site and part of writing is valuing the English language and getting the right grammar etc, to improve your writing.

So I think that all random stuff should be kept OFF the newest stories page. Writers block is allowed to have chat speak and such, and that should be the place where all of the random stuff goes. If we sort of cleaned out the newest stories page so that it had only stories on it, we could have sort of two distinct parts of kidpub: a community (which I love, because I love getting to know all you guys) which would be writers block, and also the writing part, which would be the stories page. This would let everyone be free – to post random things, videos, ventings in writers block, and stories and poems in the Newest Stories page - and do it in the right place.

And to everyone (including Alec) who said that I still value the English literature - note that in some situations I use "OMG" and "lol" and "btw" alot of the time. I think the major factor is where you use them, and how much, not whether you use them. I use those sorts of things in comments, and in writers' block, but never in stories. I think it's appropriate to use text speak, but it has to be used in the right places. 

Um…yeah. Lol! (I just HAD to say that)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

• But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart...
• Blind people are those who can see, but choose not to.

Posted by Lauren on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 21:39
Yeah, that... that pretty

Yeah, that... that pretty much sums it all up. Well, not sums, but puts it all in correct and awesome detail. Politely. Thank you Lauren! And, this is kind of silly to argue about because I think we all agree, it's just that some of us may be a little mad at Alec for the way in which he put his message. But I agree, the newest story page is being cluttered with random, and we really should change that. But perhaps the way to change that is to comment on the random stuff on the newest story page, and kindly ask the posters to put it somewhere else, i.e. writer's block. Arguing over this will get us nowhere.

Posted by Zoe on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 21:45
You're welcome. And yeah, I

You're welcome. And yeah, I think the answer to this is to not argue over it, but do something, and in the right way. Anything inapproproate (I mean, as in chatspeak or random things) should be put somewhere else other than the newest stories page - and if we tell the author to move it, we shoudl tell them politely.. Thanks for bringing that part up Zoe. :D 

Posted by Lauren on Fri, 11/28/2008 - 22:02
Well, Lauren and Zoe, maybe

Well, Lauren and Zoe, maybe I was a bit rash to post this which such fury. I apologize, it's just that when I come onto Kidpub for the first time in maybe three months, and I see the once pristine Newest Stories page cluttered with OMG PLZ COMMENT NEW SRIS BY MEEEEEEEE!!!111!!! It is slightly shocking. I hope you can understand that. But I still stand by my opinion that we should start to crack down upon the random, and frankly, useless posts. Putting them in Writer's Block is fine with me, but when they start to push good writing down to the bottom of the New page, that's when I crack. Now, onto something else. To the people who were spouting "Just because were new doesn't mean we're young", or a slight variation of that, I never even said that. I don't know where you got that, but um, it's wrong. So, in closing, I'd like to apologize to all the people who feel "hurt" by this. I'm sorry for damaging your frail psyche.

P.S To be honest, I think you should buck up and stop whining, but that's just me.

Chuckle, Chuckle --Me

Posted by Alec on Sat, 11/29/2008 - 09:34
(Hey where'd the comment box

(Hey where'd the comment box go?)  Anyway I don't think we can force people to move their stories from the newest stories page.  They might not do it.  But anyway nice suggestion to bring up.  And yes this is a hopless argumental cause.

Posted by Adrian on Sat, 11/29/2008 - 09:40
I posted something weird

I posted something weird last night (it got deleted somehow but whateve) And someone said move that to the notes page noone wants it on the new page. And Alec I know that as you read thase comments you are smirking thinking they are all so wrong but just because we sre newbies doesnt make us stupid idiots.... You have made yourself beleive that everyone else is wrong so you you can be right.... It's like that song in pochahontas that says" You think the only people who are peopl are people who look and think like you but if you walk the foot steps of a stranger you'll learn things you never knew you never knew." To me that goes to this situation because you need to keep an open mind with our opinions and not be a snott noes braindead person like richard..... I f there is anyone on kp named richard i am not talking a bout you dont worry

Posted by Anya on Sat, 11/29/2008 - 10:06
Alec you need to keep a open

Alec you need to keep a open mind about the comments we are posting here. You made yourself beleive that your opinion is right and that everyone else is wrong so you can feel good about yourself. Please dont be a snottnose brain dead idiot like Richard. If there is a richard on kp I am sorry but I am not talking about you!

Posted by Anya on Sat, 11/29/2008 - 10:13
Adrian: When did Richard

Adrian: When did Richard come into this conversation?

Richard: Who ya callin brain dead?!

Adrian:  Oh brother.

Posted by Adrian on Wed, 12/03/2008 - 22:26
PUPPY DOG!!!!!!! Random,

PUPPY DOG!!!!!!!

Random, right? Just because we have our "crazy moments" *winks at Chelsea* doesn't mean we're not talented writers and bright young minds. You are right about this being America (well, for me it is, not for Kanga and Lauren) and that you have freedom of speech. But that rule doesn't imply that insulting people (especially the other KPers) is perfectly fine. It hurts feelings. And, about the Writer's Block thing. Its title may have the word writing in it, but it's probably just called Writer's Block because it's where you go when you have writer's block. Txt speak may have evolved into our adolescent and pre-adolescent minds, but that doesn't mean we're imbecilic. *wink, wink* We don't use txt lang for school assignments or, well, I don't know about ALL of us, our stories. We use them because it's a new, fresh way to chat with friends. You don't have to "stick with the times," but if you do, then I have nothing against that. Really, sincerely. But you don't have to go around saying to people that we have to stop the way we live, because that's what makes us, well, us. And I know you must have a lot of courage for posting this, but--as someone said, I think Zoe--it sounded like you were picking a fight. And I guess that's what makes you Alec, and we shouldn't be all "lashing out with extreme fury," but you let us.

Sorry for the longness. And the lateness, too--my friend told me to comment.

~Gingy~

"Destiny waits. Make the leap." -fortune cookie

"To the world you are one person, but to one person you are the world." -another fortune cookie

"Help! I'm being held hostage in a fortune cookie factory!" -ANOTHER FORTUNE COOKIE

Posted by *G!nGerBrE@D*/Jaimy on Sun, 11/30/2008 - 20:11
Even though you metioned

Even though you metioned it...

Way to be late to the party. In case you didn't notice, I already apologized a few comments up. Please, at least be informed before you comment. Also, you're just reiterating what everybody has said, and what I've already addressed.

Chuckle, Chuckle --Me

Posted by Alec on Sun, 11/30/2008 - 20:47
Okay even though I'm still

Okay even though I'm still never goning to forget it, your forgivin by me anyway.  And you do realize that you might just break the most comments posted on a single story KidPub record with this thing...?

Posted by Adrian on Sun, 11/30/2008 - 21:33
Adrian he's not even

Adrian he's not even close!!! I think one of the biggest ones was either the one with the Golden Compass or the pne with cutest KP couples. But he might get there if people keep commenting.

Posted by Solana on Sun, 11/30/2008 - 22:11
Oh my God. I--I'm amazed.

Oh my God. I--I'm amazed. You've both completely missed the point.

Chuckle, Chuckle --Me

Posted by Alec on Mon, 12/01/2008 - 06:47
Alec, That you apologized is

Alec,
That you apologized is fantastic. Now don't start another fight with your sarcasm.
I have nothing against sarcasm, in fact the sting of it gives me pleasure. But right now it's best just to let it go. Even if they don't. Ever hear the phrase forgive and forget?

Mac+Intense Writer=No life

Posted by Cj on Mon, 12/01/2008 - 09:18
Okay I'll admitt that was

Okay I'll admitt that was way off topic up there, but my old point still stands- to me -thus.

Posted by Adrian on Wed, 12/03/2008 - 22:28
Oh YEAH! *winks back at

Oh YEAH! *winks back at Gingy* And I totally agree with you.

-Chelsea

A song the angels sing, along to wake up the beautiful, sleeping world. Their voices will rise to test the strength of man. Wake up the beautiful, sleeping world. From Chorus of Angels by Haste the Day.

Posted by Chelsea on Mon, 12/01/2008 - 18:47
Hello there, im new here and

Hello there, im new here and I got a few things to say,

At school, people say to me I HATE ALEC! I'm like what the big deal, they tell me and that is horrible.

4 ur info, i txt every single day because i love texting!!!!! HAHAHA!LOL!

Muhahaha, i gota new enemy!

This is my diary here i like to write bout life so bleh!!!! I love sharing funny things!!!I love youtube too!

Posted by Taryn on Fri, 01/09/2009 - 13:02
That is so true! hi Im

That is so true! hi Im meredith and I also love to text! This site is for kids to express

themselves in any way and if they think thta youtube vidios are going

to show the true person inside of them then i wont be the one to stop them!

MeredithUndecided

Posted by Meredith on Sat, 01/10/2009 - 13:20
To all who have posted

To all who have posted within the last few days: This argument is over. All you are doing is further aggravating the problem. Please, before you post look and see if you are, perhaps, late to the party,

Chuckle, Chuckle --Me

Posted by Alec on Sat, 01/10/2009 - 16:35
For the sake of not being

For the sake of not being hypocritical-Laughs out loud

Posted by Solana on Sat, 01/10/2009 - 16:41
Look, Alec. You

Look, Alec. You "apoligized"... But people are still mad because you said they have "frail psyche" and what not. That they should "buck up". Come on. Do you have no social skills? What does it take to realize you were actually hurtful?

Sometimes I think you just do this stuff because you need attention. But whatever, right? It's over.

And by the way, I just looked at the newest stories page and only three of them--THREE!--were not stories or poetry. So, maybe you were wrong from the start....

The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posted by iluvsports11 on Sun, 01/25/2009 - 12:12
BE PREPARED FOR WHAT IZ 2

BE PREPARED FOR WHAT IZ 2 MEAT UR DUME, ALEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry about that but, I may be an imbecile or imbecilic child (call me whatever you want), I'm not trying to brag, but I think that I am a pretty good writer. And I can agree with everyone's words, except for you, ALEC. And, that was stupid on how you said, "OMG! I HOPEZ OBAMA WINZ CUZ GORGE BUSH SUX! LOL." And yes, I AM MOCKING YOU. And why am I arguing again? I am arguing again because I wont care what you say, because it is a free country, and I am a free child. I really don't care what you say. I WILL STAY LIKE THIS UNTIL YOU REALLY, REALLY, TRULY A-P-O-L-O-G-I-Z-E! I don't care if you care cuz I speak for the youngs and the oldies. Thank you all, I have finished my speech. {exits stage}

Posted by Porcupine of Pie on Wed, 02/04/2009 - 21:39
I agree with Claudia. You

I agree with Claudia. You probably just did this for attention. I agree that it kinda defeats the purpose of a writing sight to have non writing stuff like videos, but if you haven't noticed, there are TONS of people writing ACTUAL STORIES and not just some video crap. Oh also, i've noticed that the majority of the time that people write in "txt spk" is when they are writing comments or titles to stuff. it's not like they are writing stories like that. So please get over yourself. Hope that spreads some light on the situation

"Let It Be" - The Beatles     (ROCK ON!)

Posted by Eloise on Wed, 02/04/2009 - 22:32
Seriously you guys?

Seriously you guys? Seriously?

THIS IS OVER!!!!!!!

The discussion is FINISHED. Done. Fertig. Halas. Finis.

Alec said sorry, AND he already said this discussion is closed.

~Calla and Aiden have been here... Better make sure nothing is missing.~

Posted by Calla/Aiden on Thu, 02/05/2009 - 18:10
Exactly! Dang, you guys!

Exactly! Dang, you guys! It's done! Read the comments!

Posted by Solana on Thu, 02/05/2009 - 22:10
I agree it should be over

I agree it should be over and done with but I find this so emensly funny.  I have no idea why I just love the comments.  I swear I just burst out laughing at Alec's "you completely missed the point" comment...

Typing is like playing the piano, you press the keys until you make music.

Posted by Adrian on Fri, 02/06/2009 - 23:02
I know y'all said this is

I know y'all said this is done but...being a KidPub vet myself here...I just can't hold back.

Alec,

I've got a few nasty things I could say and a few even nastier things I could say right now but I'm not going to...I'm going to some this up as fast as I can:

Welcome To KidPub of 2009/2010...ANYONE is Welcome....GET USED TO IT.

Now we're done and i'm done feeling the way I do about this and I'm going off to write.

"It's Not Weird! It's Different!"

Posted by Max on Sat, 02/14/2009 - 14:05
OMGZ!!!! LAWL IZ FUNNEH!!!!

OMGZ!!!! LAWL IZ FUNNEH!!!! ZOMG!!!!!

Sorry, I coudn't help myself.

Hi! All Spyro Fans should visit my YouTube channel... I'm obsessed with Spyro! http://www.youtube.com/user/spyergirl4 And just to let you know, I've been captured by Malefor, the Dark Master, who is the last boss in the newest Spyro game....

Posted by Liqfym on Sun, 02/22/2009 - 03:13
HAHAHAHAHAHA That's

HAHAHAHAHAHA That's Hilarious!

"It's Not Weird! It's Different!"

Posted by Max on Sun, 02/22/2009 - 09:17
I just had to, after seeing

I just had to, after seeing that... Laughing

Posted by Liqfym on Sun, 02/22/2009 - 13:32
How right (see?  I spelled

How right (see?  I spelled it right) you are!  KidPub needs to come back to the days when we wrote complete words in complete sentences.  I try as hard as I can to refrain from text-speak as much as I can!  YEA!

Hullo goodbye have a good life.

Posted by K@zel on Mon, 02/23/2009 - 20:32
Wow! Kazel got her spelling

Wow! Kazel got her spelling right! *claps* Seriously though. She is right... Unless the story demands it, it is annoying to see "ur" and "sayz" "evrywere". Drive me a bit crazier... If that's possible... 

Posted by Calla Lily / Aiden on Tue, 02/24/2009 - 00:04
I really have two opinions.

I really have two opinions. Yes, it IS annoying when you see the title "OMG LOL PLZ READ!!11!!1" and the story is littered with "ur" "u" "lol" "omg" "rofl" "brb" "plz" and so on. BUT, this is also the "texting age" (as I call it now [and I don't text]) so there will be things like that. And also, it isn't a crime to use text speak in comments because comments aren't for formal writing, they're for expressing your opinion about the story.

Posted by Liqfym on Tue, 02/24/2009 - 17:32
That's no reason (the whole

That's no reason (the whole "texting age" thing) to convert to IM-speak.  KidPub is for WRITING, OMG! is, frankly, hardly writing at all.  I understand sometimes you have to abbreiviate because you have a character-limit, but that's the only thing I have for it.

Hullo goodbye have a good life.

Posted by K@zel on Fri, 02/27/2009 - 17:38
Huh? Since when has there

Huh? Since when has there been a character limit?

And I don't exactly LOVE text speak, I don't use it on KidPub (I do on YouTube though) I'm just saying that some people think it's easier.

Posted by Liqfym on Sat, 02/28/2009 - 00:12
I think she meant the

I think she meant the character limit for texting. That's the only reason text speak was ever created. Anyways, I do agree that it's really annoying how people use "cuz" and "ur" in their stories. But it's not a very big problem, is it, because not a lot of people do that. Either that or I just don't read their stories.

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

--Dr. Seuss

Posted by whatdanasaid on Sun, 03/01/2009 - 13:25
Oh okay... H! All Spyro Fans

Oh okay...

H! All Spyro Fans should visit my YouTube channel... I'm obsessed with Spyro! http://www.youtube.com/user/spyergirl4 And just to let you know, I've been captured by Malefor, the Dark Master, who is the last boss in the newest Spyro game....

Posted by Liqfym on Sun, 03/01/2009 - 18:38
GRRRRRR........... "I love

GRRRRRR...........

"I love to tour." - Michael Jackson (He makes me nervous when i see him! That's how good-looking he is!)

Posted by Bleedingheart/B... on Tue, 03/10/2009 - 20:31
Love your name Alec :) "Hey,

Love your name Alec :)

"Hey, show up with an army of undead warriors to save the day, and suddenly you're everybody's best friend." Percy Jackson, The Las Olympian :)

"You're death would be great for me." Nico di Angelo, The Last Olympian :) :) :)

Posted by Paulina on Fri, 03/05/2010 - 18:27
To the people who keep

To the people who keep commenting on this and bringing it up:

You do know this is like two years old right? Just checking.

~ What? You didn't know Jesus painted the Mona Lisa?

Posted by Calla Jae on Tue, 03/16/2010 - 11:29
Alec... he like started a

Alec... he like started a riot with this... And it is like 2 years old.

~~Chelsea~~

"But ask your President this... What if we leave... and you're wrong..."
-Optimus Prime, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Posted by Veneratio Proeliator on Tue, 03/16/2010 - 12:57
Yes, please get over

Yes, please get over it.

Posted by Solaña on Wed, 03/17/2010 - 00:13
Lol. I know. ~~Chelsea~~

Lol. I know.

~~Chelsea~~

Posted by Veneratio Proeliator on Wed, 03/17/2010 - 09:27
*laughs* Ironic comment

*laughs* Ironic comment Chels. lol *wink*

"I regret your reality and substitute my own." ~ Adam Savage Mythbuster

Posted by Adrian Amory on Thu, 04/29/2010 - 18:12
HI ALEC! Well, I was looking

HI ALEC! Well, I was looking at G!ngy's track (who unfortunately is no longer on KidPub) and I would just like to say, Yes, some of the stuff about the OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111!1111111111 THIS IS SOOO AMAZJHSDFBG! can get annoying, and yeah, like Stara said before, she'll drop an occosional lol sometimes. Honestly, I think this is where the whole text talk debate should stop: the occasional text talk and then the text talk where the person posts stuff that you can't understand because the entire thing is in text talk (yes, a certain person continually does that now.) So yes, I can see where you are annoyed, but not too many people do it (well, then again, this is maybe 3 years after you posted this, so I don't know.)

Well, just something to say even if you won't see this. Oh, and anyone else looking at this, I KNOW that this is like a 3 year old post, but like I said before, I was looking at G!ngy's track.

TO: Harry Potter Haters: It's not our fault we're obsessed. It's too awesome to hate! :P

I was begenning to relax when Kate announced something very vital: "I'm hungry and I've gotta pee." ~ Electric October by Bree

Posted by Kyle on Tue, 11/02/2010 - 13:01
Haha....Kyle, we had the

Haha....Kyle, we had the same idea! (sorta)

I went to Cal's track, and then came here. And yea, no one is probably ever going to see this, but oh well!!!

Don't you sometimes wish older members would come back? I was a guest when I saw G!ngy leave. It was sad. ):

Don't follow your dreams; chase them.~Richard Dumb

Posted by Rachel on Thu, 11/11/2010 - 22:28
Someone actually posts stuff

Someone actually posts stuff completely in text talk/speak/whatever?

Posted by L. S. Tredom on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 16:35
You have no

You have no idea...

Instant human. Just add caffeine.

Posted by Cal on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 16:57
As in entire stories posted

As in entire stories posted in text talk? Alec(even though I don’t think he’s on anymore…): Pseudo-witty arguments? I have a very witty retort, but it wouldn’t really fit in on KidPub, since I don’t think anyone here would want to bash my brains in…

Posted by L. S. Tredom on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 17:09
As in the story looked

As in the story looked something like this:

"so one day liza and terry were walking and lisa sed omg terry lol look at that terry looked and it wuz a dood! Then terry wuz leik liza its a dood and liza sed i kno rite"

And I can't write like that anymore... It's giving me brain damage.

Instant human. Just add caffeine.

Posted by Cal on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 17:13
Whoa… I can barely

Whoa… I can barely understand that… If wuz is actually used in texting, I think that’s kind of stupid, since it would take more button presses to get a Z instead of a S, and I’m pretty sure the same with U instead of A. Of course, I’m probably wrong since I hardly ever use a phone.

Posted by L.S.Trendom on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 17:45
Lol. Am I late? :D Just

Lol. Am I late? :D

Just looking back at KP before I was here. 

Don't mind me.

Read my story "Shadows": http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/shadows-chapter-1-working-tit...

Read "Magic's Downfall": http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/magics-downfall-prologue-2447...

Posted by Fitz [Sam] on Sat, 05/17/2014 - 09:15
Ha ha. Same. This post is

Ha ha. Same. This post is seriously old :p
Changes depend on what you do to during your lifetime in the world
-Josephine

Read Worth the Risk (a co-written book by Charlie, Sam, Alice, Cody, and ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
http://www.kidpub.com/story/worth-risk-chapte

Posted by Hand [Josephine] on Sun, 06/08/2014 - 02:06
Don't worry- I am reading

Don't worry- I am reading this in May, 2015. cool

Posted by Julia on Tue, 05/12/2015 - 07:32
Alec, I have read some of

Alec,

I have read some of your posts and now I have come to this one. I get that you feel this way. I think we all do sometimes. But sometimes we write useless things to show how we feel and just want to get it out of us. I have done this many times, and nobody has really commented that it is clogging. My best friend online, Scarlett, really helps me through those things and reads my stories. We all still do write, yes, we do. But sometimes, we just need to get the crazy out of us. When I first came to KP, Panda welcomed me and said KP was a big, fun, and LOUD family. That's what makes KPers, KPers. They need to be loud. They need to be crazy. They need to be fun. Hopefully you understand.

-Julia 

Posted by Julia on Tue, 05/12/2015 - 07:31