/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ a goodbye letter of sorts | KidPub Press //
a goodbye letter of sorts

a goodbye letter of sorts

Posted August 28th, 2020 by FrostBittenKitten

by it's great to be 8 {luna}
in the clouds

August 28th, 2020

hey everyone, luna here.  it's been forever since i've posted, and i was reading through some old stuff and feeling nostalgic when i realized that i don't think i'm going to be posting or commenting on others' posts a whole lot, if ever.  i just figured it'd be better to say goodbye properly than just fade away.  i may still occasionally check this site for old times' sake, but mostly i won't be around.  so nothing new there, i suppose.  

but i think i owe it to kidpub, perry, and everyone on here to say how much this website has changed my life.  truly.  it was amazing to meet so many like-minded people and to have an outlet to express myself and say whatever i wanted without judgement.  i have grown so much as a writer and as a person since i joined kp back in 2012.  it's insane to think that it's been eight years since i put my first story on here and added my first paragraph to the never ending story.  kidpub has been a home to me since 2012, and i hope that it will continue to be a home and a welcoming place for the next generation of young writers.

i must say thank you to everyone who read and especially everyone who gave me constructive criticism on my work.  that means so much to me, and has helped shaped my writing to this day.  thank you to everyone who became invested in my stories (sorry about never finishing any of them) or who told me they related to my poems, or anything in between.  another thank you goes out to everyone who took the time to be my friend, you are all wonderful.  i was so excited to get on the computer every day and talk to/write with you guys.  and of course, thank you perry for creating this website for young authors to interact and share our writing.

in closing, i really must say that i will miss kidpub and that it has been a part of my life literally since i joined.  i can't believe that i'm finally saying goodbye, even if i do decide to check up on here occasionally.  i'm doing well, and i hope that all of you are too.  i know that everyone on here has the potential to do great things (if you haven't already been told that) and i believe in each and every one of you.  goodbye kidpub, you will stay in my memories forever.

sincerely,

luna :)

See more stories by it's great to be 8 {luna}
Aw, this is so sweet. I

Aw, this is so sweet. I think you've also changed KidPub a lot and you've always been so kind and of course an amazing writer. It's nice that you're actually writing a goodbye unlike me who hasn't been on here all summer haha. Good bye! :')

__________

“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.” - Beatrix Potter

Posted by oof.alem.oof on Tue, 09/01/2020 - 09:19