/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ A Guide to Staying After School. | KidPub Press //
A Guide to Staying After School.

A Guide to Staying After School.

Posted October 7th, 2019 by HannahChen2009

HannahChen2009's picture
by echo (*Jill*)
in magination

October 7th, 2019

I mean, I don't know what would prompt you to stay at school after school is over, but if you do, there are a few tips, guidelines, pieces of advice and rules here. It would be in your best interest to comply. 

• Extracirricular activities are fine. But try to leave before sundown. 
  • The school is pretty quiet once all the people leave. You can try going to the principal's office. She might offer you a snack if you're hungry and she's working overtime. 
  • If she invites you into her office after hours, however, politely decline and leave the school immediately. 
  • Chances are, if you hear footsteps, that's a student coming back for something they left in their locker and not the janitor. 
  • That's because the janitor doesn't have footsteps at night. 
  • If you are staying in the library to study, make sure to thank the librarian when you leave. It's the polite thing to do.
  • There are probably a lot of unexplored hidden rooms around the school. You can explore them if you'd like, before sundown.
  • If you forget something in your locker, it's fine to go back and get it.
  • It's fine to go back to a classroom for something you forgot as well. 
  • If, however, the classroom should be locked but isn't, you should just wait till the next day. That's them trying to lure you in. Don't fall for it. 
  • DON'T try to camp out at school for the night. It's not fun. Trust me. 
  • Leaving before sundown is advice, but leaving before midnight is a MUST.

IF for whatever foolish reason you decide to stay after midnight:

• First of all, good luck. 
  • Midnight is when the lines between their realm and ours blur.
  • One of the first things they'll do is take your phone. You won't be able to find it for a while. Don't go looking. 
  • Eventually it will appear at the other side of whatever room you're in. It may light up with a call. 
  • Take the call if you can. But if you see something lurking in the shadows, stay away from the phone. 
  • If you happen to be able to take the call, listen to the instructions on the phone if it's a male voice. He may help you leave. 
  • If he asks you your name, though, don't give it. 
  • Alternatively, you can give the man the name of someone you despise. They have to go to your school though. He'll check the school records.
  • If it's a female voice, hang up immediately. Put your phone on airplane mode, and power off the phone. Remove the Memory card and telephone card. Throw the two cards and the phone out of the window (school), preferably in different directions. Then, relocate immediately. 
  • If you leave successfully with the help of the man, he may take something of yours as payment. It may be a small trinket. It may be someone you love. Don't mention it. He doesn't take kindly to that. Just be glad you're still alive and mostly unscathed.
  • You may want to turn on the lights for comfort. Don't do it. You'll regret it. 
  • If you hear footsteps, that is NOT the janitor. Remember, he doesn't have footsteps at night. 
  • DON'T FALL  ASLEEP 
  • I know it'll seem like everything will be fine, there will be no cause for fright, and it'll be morning when you wake up, but it won't be. 
  • You will be trapped in THEIR realm now. You can't leave. They won't let you leave.
  • Am I speaking from experience? Maybe.
  • Pay attention to everything you hear. If you hear breathing, try to 'cancel it out'. Breathe in when they breathe out. Breathe out when they breathe in. They will notice you if you sync up with them.
  • If you FEEL breathing, you're fucked.
  • Try not to be seen. A broom closet or a restroom may SEEM ideal, but remember, the janitor is still around. He's not entirely one of them, but he's not on your side either. Best not be caught by the janitor. 
  • HOWEVER, if it's a choice between the janitor and Them, you should pick the janitor. That's a no brainer. 
  • If the front doors are unlocked, you may leave. However, you might find yourself back into the school after running a few paces. If this happens, do not attempt to leave again. You have been marked, and the chances of escaping alive are low.
  • If, by some miracle and kind god, you do successfully leave, never under any circumstances look back.
  • Don't go back to the school if you make it out. Get your parents to unenroll you and anyone sharing your surname immediately. It would help to move as well, but it's not a necessity. 
  • That's because they might have let you go the first time, but they never forget a face. 

• Oh, and if you do make it out, have fun in therapy for the rest of your life.

See more stories by echo (*Jill*)