/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Hey | KidPub Press //
Hey

Hey

Posted March 28th, 2020 by sparklespirit

by Lelin Da Flame†
in Florida

March 28th, 2020

Hello random people of the internet. I haven't been on KidPub in years, since I was around 13 years of age. Back then, times seemed so simple: long hazy school days filled with lecturing, long nights playing minecraft, deciding what highschool I wanted to go to.

Now I'm a highschooler- more specifcally- a sophomore. Life is- well- more "complicated". I've lost friends, yet I've also gained some. I've spent countless nights- crying over that boy or that grade. I've also spent hours laughing, reminicing about the past- and somewhat- enjoying the present. I've learned some difficult things- and in result- I believe I have grown significantly as a person. Yet here I am, returning to this old website that I used as a creative vent for myself (because "creative people don't succeed in life lelin").

I used to hate myself, in fact, I struggle daily with self image. It's sickening, seeing all the old stories that I had posted- dripping with a need of being accepted. I'm better now, thank the lord, but I still struggle somewhat with tiny things- which I dont feel comfortable mentioning. Now, as I'm older and boys are getting mixed into the equation, I understand the crucialness of being beatiful. I despise this- why is this normal in today's society? When we are surrounded by artifical beauty everyday- such as in magizines and instagram posts. Its unfair- yet Im sure everyone deals with this reality.

Anyways, this will probably go down as nothingness- and who knows- maybe in a few years, the older me (and hopefully a much more mature me) will return to this sentimental website. I feel like I have much more to say, yet now my mind is blank- ehh. Thanks for reading this jumble of thoughts.

See more stories by Lelin Da Flame†
I remember you! You’re a

I remember you! You’re a sophomore now. Wow. That’s only three years from thirteen, but three long, packed, often painful years. I’m a senior in high school now, angsting along with my compatriots about quite possibly not graduating onstage. I feel ancient, almost too old for this site, yet so unprepared for adulthood. Ha.

I’m sorry to hear you struggle with self-image. You’re not alone. I haven’t struggled with my self-image in the same way but I’ve seen so many of my friends and family struggle that I think I can say I have a decent understanding of the thing. Can I just say that I appreciate your honest and sympathetic soul? I have no idea what you look like, but the pictures your words paint are lovely.

“Creative people aren’t successful” my smelly foot!! We need creativity to succeed in basically anything as far as I have seen. Or if not to succeed, to make life fun. I don’t know how you feel about writing these days or what you’ve been writing, or if you’re more of a visual artist (some people accumulate mediums like beads on a necklace, others go from art type to art type like a bee flying from flower to flower,) but even though this site is kind of dead if you come back I’ll totally look at ur stuff.

Good to hear from you, Lelin. I hope you’re happy.

____________________________________________________________

Posted by Tía Snow on Sun, 03/29/2020 - 11:04
your a senior in high

your a senior in high school?!?!?

Posted by Fire Dragon 74 on Sun, 03/29/2020 - 11:37
I remember you also Snow!

I remember you also Snow! You helped me so much when I was writing years ago!! Thank you so much for responding- honestly, I was beyond surprised that somebody had commented on this message- and even more so that it was you. I’d love to stay in contact with you- and exchange writings. Also, I pray that things clear up with the virus- and that you’re able to graduate on stage- I can’t imagine not being able to physically grab your diploma after years of strenuous work.

Anyways, thank you again for responding- and thank you for your kind words.

Posted by Lelin Da Flame† on Sun, 03/29/2020 - 20:32
My contact tab on my bio

My contact tab on my bio should still be open. Let me know if it isn’t. I’d love to stay in contact with you too!

Posted by Tía Snow on Sun, 03/29/2020 - 23:30
† My dog has four

† My dog has four legs †

I dont think your contact tab is open- I haven't been able to find it.

Posted by Lelin Da Flame† on Wed, 04/08/2020 - 15:49
okay! try emailing

okay! try emailing anya.running@gmail.com

Posted by Tía Snow on Wed, 04/08/2020 - 17:10
† "Fantasy is hardly

† "Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."- Lloyd Alexander †

OK I sent you an email :)

Posted by Lelin Da Flame† on Sun, 04/12/2020 - 16:51
Hello! I'm also a KP

Hello! I'm also a KP veteran, lol! I'm going into my sophomore year. It's crazy to see how much the site has changed, but I'm super glad there's still posts and it still exists! Hope you're doing well!

-Julia

Posted by jae on Tue, 04/07/2020 - 03:37
† My dog has four

† My dog has four legs †

thank you so much- hope all is well for you too :)

Posted by Lelin Da Flame† on Wed, 04/08/2020 - 15:51