/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ I can`t think of a title BUT PLEASE READ THIS | KidPub Press //
I can`t think of a title BUT PLEASE READ THIS

Posted January 10th, 2018 by Naira

by WereIsRemus
in Bærum

January 10th, 2018

“I want to be a doctor”, said Eliot. He continues, “I want to be a doctor because it is the most noble and privileged job that one could take as a career. Think of it this way, I will get to help people as well as earn a handsome lot of salary which I can use to travel the world with my wife and kids”.

“That is very well thought”, said the teacher as she moved on to the next student and asked Sarah what she wants to be when she grows up. “I want to be Eliot`s wife”, said Sarah. Everyone laughed. The teacher then turned to Ana. “I want to be an Eraser”, she said. The teacher giggled, then the rest of the class followed. Laughing at an answer was something she discouraged, not now, I suppose. Ana could tell that the teacher was curious but without further thought she continued with the class.

Ana always knew why she wanted to be an Eraser, or she thought she knew. An eraser erases mistakes. She wanted to erase people`s tears, her tears, metaphorically. She lived in a house not a few yards away from the school. Her neighbors often complained about the ongoing noise in her house. “Always having a party”, they would say. Ana`s mom died when she was ten and her dad was an alcoholic and would come home wasted during midnight. That was how he coped. He often got so violent that she would lock herself in her room until the following day.

Ana usually waited for him to come home then go to her room whenever he got violent. As she waited in the living room, she thought about her life. How different it would have been had her mother been alive. The good kind of different, she hoped. Ana`s mother was working at a fast food restaurant when a fire begun. They then called the fire fighters who unknowingly tried to put it out with a tank full of Petroleum instead of water. “I guess two people got fired that day after all”, her grandmother used to say. It was like her to make a pun out of literally anything, be it funny or not, however, this one was extra funny to her because she never liked her daughter-in-law anyway.

Ana`s dad then arrived, and she hurried off to open the door. He doesn’t like to be kept waiting. Surprisingly, he wasn’t drunk. “I want to show you something”, he said. Hesitantly, she followed him as he led the way to his room. “That box on the bed. Open it”. It was almost like an order. She did as instructed and opened the box. There was a bottle of bourbon in it. “I bought this bottle when I married your mother. Can you guess how old it is?”. She is sixteen years old and if he indeed bought the bourbon when he married her mother, it must be sixteen years old. “sixteen”, she said, uncertainly. It looked as good as new. “Wrong. It`s fourteen years old”, he said with a smirk on his face. That is supposed to mean something, she just couldn’t tell what it meant.

“Does that mean that you`re not my...”. “Drink it up”, he cut her off. She was now trembling with fear and tried to do everything he said. As soon as she finished the last glass of bourbon she passed out. Ana then woke up with a headache and focused on the man standing right next to her. She assumed that he was a doctor because he wore a white coat and a mask over his mouth and he smelled weirdly of antiseptics. “Do you remember anything from last night”, he asked. “The only thing I remember is me running out of the house and across the streets. Light signals came directly at me and my muscles solidified. I couldn’t move and the next thing I saw was complete darkness”.

“Be sure not to dwell on that”, he said. Time heals all wounds.

Two weeks later, Ana resumed school and is popular now more than ever. For all the bad reasons.

“Is it true that your father did that?” asked Ella.

“Gross”, said Alex. Her voice had no affliction. She could be talking about the lasagna they served at lunch.

“it`s been six months been since your father was arrested, how do you feel about that”, asked Sarah.

“Step-father”, replied Ana.

See more stories by WereIsRemus
Wow...this is so good!

Wow...this is so good!

Posted by Cherith on Thu, 01/11/2018 - 13:11
Thank you

Thank yousmiley

Posted by WereIsRemus on Fri, 01/12/2018 - 07:45