/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ I'm sorry. | KidPub Press //
I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

Posted June 30th, 2018 by SilverMoon

by Quaintrelle
in timately acquainted with the void

June 30th, 2018

Back in the day, this would get me "arrested" for "clogging".

I'm on the old computer I used to do all my stuff on back in 2012, and it's making me even more nostalgic than usual.

Even now, I don't want to give up on KidPub. But I'd like to apologise, because I haven't been nearly as active as I would like to be. KidPub is as dead as it's ever been, and I haven't been there for it. I haven't even been writing very much, anyway. I'm struggling, and back in the day there'd be others there to fill in the gaps, but I feel like I'm the only one still fighting. Even then, I can't concentrate on anything-- reading you all's work, commenting, writing myself, anything. And you know, that sucks. But even so, I'm never going to be completely gone from this website, and I'm never going to let this website be completely gone.

I even have a silly little dream, in which when I publish and get rich and famous, I also publicize KidPub, and a new generation comes rushing in. And maybe, one day, I'd even take it over.

We're all getting older and busier, aren't we? But I urge you, even if it's hard, especially if it's hard, to continue on. Don't abandon KidPub-- but even if you do, I won't hold it against you. I'm still going to be there, and hopefully someday soon I can be more active.

I'd love it if people would post, comment, and talk more, even if our numbers are small.

Members-- active or inactive, talk to me. Guests-- join up and comment, or visit me through my contact tab. I'll never be completely gone from here. Please tell me if there's something of yours you want me to read, and I'll put it on my reading list and get to it when I get better.

KidPub is more important to me than anyone. I want to prove we aren't smoldering in this small world.

Sincerely,

Yami

See more stories by Quaintrelle
I only come on KP about once

I only come on KP about once a week, only for a few minutes at a time, and 99% of the time I don't even post a single thing, but I completely agree with this! We need to get people on this website again. I hope people see this, Perry especially. It'd bring a lot more traffic to the site if Perry publicized it a little more.

Posted by Owen on Sat, 06/30/2018 - 18:53
Thank you so much for

Thank you so much for caring, even though-- especially though-- you're in much the same position as myself.  I wonder what we can do to put our feelings into action, but I am grateful for your support.

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by yaminingyou on Sat, 06/30/2018 - 21:39
I thought this was a goodbye

I thought this was a goodbye post and I was about to lose my shit. stay strong folks. ily ena

Posted by esther on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 03:11
Yeah I put a little bit of

Yeah I put a little bit of clickbaitiness in there lol

Posted by yaminingyou on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 13:02
Hi!! I just came back from a

Hi!! I just came back from a vacation. I didn't ever have a chance to check on KidPub on my vacation but I'll see what I can do to make this place more lively again. :)

Edit: Actually, seeing the reactions to my previous attempts to revive the forum, I believe it's hopeless. I hate to say this, but it's not worth it with the responses I get here.

~~~~~ My NES organization site: https://sites.google.com/site/gatewaymansionsite/ ~~~~~ My editing business: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?p=599927#post599927 ~~~~~ My stories: https://www.kidpub.com/users/arabellasaura ~~~~~

Posted by ArabellasAura on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 10:39
You went off on your own,

You went off on your own, without discussing with anyone else or allowing them to have a say.

I realise that antagonising you won't do KidPub any good. But you won't even stop to consider how YOUR own actions affect others. Self-righteous hypocrites who believe they can do no wrong won't do KidPub any good, either.

For instance, I can recognise my own errors or emotional irrationalities where they exist. I should have phrased the "im bitter" post more politely and constructively so that we could all work something out together.

Posted by yaminingyou on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 13:09
uh

uh

Posted by esther on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 18:30
I'm really busy, but I'm far

I'm really busy, but I'm far from entirely giving up. It helps me that this is my only public forum. Other than sharing privately with my own friends, this is the only place I put my work. I'm sorry for not commenting more on others' lately. I can't always be here, but here's to being here when we can. 

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* Revival on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 13:49
Yep, here's to trying. Let's

Yep, here's to trying. Let's do our best.

Posted by yaminingyou on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 15:38
Hi, haven’t been here in a

Hi, haven’t been here in a little bit because of vacation but now that I’m back, I plan on getting back active on the forums and maybe post. Most people see summer as a better time to get back on KP but my parents usually make me do math or science or something like that. If I’m allowed to write it doesn’t mean go on KP. It means write, then post on KP.
I’ve tried letting my friends know about KP but going into seventh grade now, everybody has other things to worry about. Social media is more important, the pool, spending time with your bestie, getting a new phone. That’s what they all think, and it’s hard to convince them there’s more in life than that but it’s harder than I thought, to get people to at least give KP a try.
I would contact you but my parents would freak if I talked to someone I barely knew through email lol

__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by /alem/ on Sun, 07/01/2018 - 15:08
I'm glad you still care and

I'm glad you still care and that you're trying. :)

I’m also not super active

I’m also not super active on here. All of my stories that I used to post I either lost inspiration for or gave up on. I barely have time get on, but I still don’t want to give up on KidPub entirely either. I want KP to survive, and I agree with this. KP was a platform for me to make friends, get better at writing, and be more confident in my writing. I want future generations to be able to experience it and I would like to try and revive KP. In fact, maybe I’ll do a poetry contest or something soon? We’ll see.

Posted by Luna {semi-hiatus} on Tue, 07/03/2018 - 00:04
Thanks for caring :) {i want

Thanks for caring :)

Posted by yaminingyou on Tue, 07/03/2018 - 08:36
crying   ~ hi im finn

crying

~

hi im finn wolfhard and im sick

Posted by t.s.y. nightingale on Thu, 07/05/2018 - 22:03
Thanks I guess? xD {i want

Thanks I guess? xD

Posted by yaminingyou on Fri, 07/06/2018 - 09:43