/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Insulting the original chapter of One Single Song | KidPub Press //
Insulting the original chapter of One Single Song

Posted July 30th, 2022 by ElizieAngelina

July 30th, 2022

Alice tapped her pencil on her desk, waiting for library class. (lIbRaRy ClAsS) As much as she loved singing, she loved reading. About singers. (wow terrible line lol) All the other students were doing their math worksheets, leaving Alice to tap her pencil a bit more. (ALICE STOP TAPPING YOU'LL MAKE A HOLE IN DA DESK) Alice began to stare at the "No noise!" sign on the wall (why? is there a test?), but she couldn't stop tapping (AAAAAAAA).

Suddenly, everyone began to line up to walk to the library, or so Alice thought. (why are they lining up for no reason?) Alice lined up with the others (gotta be "iconic"), and they began walking towards the auditorium. "Why are we not going to the library?" Alice wondered. (oh this is when i put thoughts "like this" and not like thisSuddenly, they approached the room, and Alice's teacher, Ms. Calico (calico, imagine the l's that this woman takes) , instructed all the students to sit down in old chairs. (ayo why they be old?)
After a few minutes, an adult that seemed to 
be 30 stepped onto the stage. "Welcome," he said. "I am Mr. Nile (wow mysterious lmao), and I am the main drama teacher." (oh and also there's no space between talks) "Ahh, he is cute..." Alice thought to herself. (ALICE WHY DO YOU NOT OBSERVE HOW HE'S LIKE 30 AND YOU'RE A LITERAL 12 YEAR OLD) "Maybe I should know more about him."

"Anyways, we will be hosting open calls for singers, and the best singer of the state will get to perform on the Serenity Cruise." (HOW IS THIS MIDDLE SCHOOL JUST BUSTING THEIR BUTT AT EVERY SINGLE OPPORTUNITY AND LIKE GIVING INNOCENT 6 GRADERS, 7TH GRADERS LIKE MOST OF THE CHARACTERS HERE AND SOME 8TH GRADERS PROBABLY EDGIER THAN SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG FREAKING CRUISES)

Alice's heart seemed to stop. The Serenity cruise was the richest ship in the world, and Alice could not afford to be on the ship, but with a simple song could get her on the ship. (wooow alice fancy cruise ships are like for CELEBRITIES AND YOU'RE NOT A CELEBRITY) After drama class was over, Alice learned that you had to be at the auditorium by 4 pm, and the club would let out at 6 pm. (2 hour drama class yet i barely remember Alice ever being at it)

By then, it was 3:30, which meant school was over. (oh wow a middle school that actually lets out at 3) Alice had enough time to grab her backpack from the class, get all of her books and leave. (wow alice is speedy gonzalez) The bus took her home, because Alice's mother had a quite hard job ("quite hard") and by every night, the gas nearly seemed to be empty. (does she go to like THE OTHER STATE or somethin?) Alice's mother, with the little energy the car had, would drive it to the nearest gas station and go home.

When Alice arrived home, she told her mother about everything. "I'm not sure...you're normally very shy..." Alice kept protesting, and finally her mother caved in and said she would, before Alice's classes started, pay for the open call. (it costed money?!) Alice walked up to her bedroom, nervous, (girl you were PROTESTING) but she had to do this for her parents. For herself. Alice laid in her bed and practiced singing for the rest of the night. (wow alice's poor voice :()

Okay so first chapter done. Ah this is gonna be painful as hell reacting to this because of it being my first book on this website and I finished it in ONE DAY