/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Introducing Javahouse: A KP Newsletter | KidPub Press //
Introducing Javahouse: A KP Newsletter

Introducing Javahouse: A KP Newsletter

Posted March 7th, 2018 by moeuhane

by Sachi
in California

March 7th, 2018

Javahouse -get a dose of creative caffeine-

A Letter from the Editor

Cafes are where people write. Enter a coffee shop and you’ll find (occupying all the available tables) writers hunched over their laptops; surrounded by portable chargers and cups of cold coffee. What makes coffee shops desirable writing locations? Is the smell of freshly brewed coffee, the snacks, the pastries, the noise of everyday life? Do the conversations of strangers inspire dialogue? Is it the feeling of community you get from working in a public place or simply the aesthetic? Whatever the reason coffeeshops/teahouses and writing have become synonymous.

Introducing Javahouse, a new bi-weekly* newsletter, with a goal to give KPers some creative caffeine and to help members engage with their community. Read about NSP posts, pin messages, on the community bulletin, enter contests, and more.

So far I’ve planned the following sections-

Writers nook: Whether you're starting a new project, revamping an older one, or stuck on chapter 15 of your novel, the Writers Nook is a good place to read about tropes, world-building skills, character development, literary devices and more. I am by no means an expert so aside from my own piece I’ll be linking related videos and articles in case you guys wanted to explore the topic more. I’ll be setting up topic polls for each issue’s Writers Nook so make sure to vote so I can shape the paper to fit your creative needs.

Vote on the first topic here

And Today’s Specials Are: Read about what’s new on the NSP. I’ll be providing links to the posts and short descriptions each post mentioned (note: if an author posts multiple chapters in succession I’ll be lumping those posts together). If you want your piece to be reviewed in this segment contact via my contact tab.

Cup of Excellence: The Cup of Excellence is an annual competition held in countries all over the world to identify the best coffee brew. In this case, The Cup of Excellence is small writing contest held by Javahouse with winners and new prompts announced every issue. Prompts will call for poems, blurbs, or monologues (nothing longer than one page). Either post these entries on the NSP or email them to me. The winning entry will be featured in that week's publication with an additional prize that will vary from week to week.

Community Bulletin Board: the Community Bulletin board is another place for KPers to raise awareness for new contests, KP story sign-ups, upcoming birthdays, or give shoutouts to other members. If you have something to pin on the bulletin board send me an email or comment under this post.

Poetry Corner: I’m a bit of a poetry nut so I’ll be sharing any poems that strike my fancy just because I feel like it.  

My hope is that the paper helps boosts community interaction and writing here on the site. Javahouse is a part of the KidPub Renaissance Project; I really recommend you guys check out the thread here

A paper is a pretty big undertaking and it’ll make my job so much easier if you guys engage, take the polls, and submit to contests. The first issue should be out in about two weeks from now so keep an eye out!

-Sachi (bookwoman)

See more stories by Sachi
I am so down for this. This

I am so down for this. This sounds awesome. Thank you for doing it!!!

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* window w... on Thu, 03/08/2018 - 20:41
Heyhey, I'm not really

Heyhey, I'm not really active on KP amymore, but I'd love to help out with this! Currently I can't find any contact info for you, but I thought I'd show my support. KP really helped me grow as a writer and I'm down to repay that.
This is an awesome project, and best of luck!

Life is tough, darling, but so are you. ~Stephanie Bennett-Henry

Posted by definitelyhuman... on Sat, 03/10/2018 - 13:22
Yay! For the CBB, could you

Yay! For the CBB, could you shout-out that I’m starting writing contests again. Thanks!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by /alem/ on Sun, 03/11/2018 - 14:26