/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ It's Been A Long 12 Years | KidPub Press //
It's Been A Long 12 Years

It's Been A Long 12 Years

Posted December 21st, 2022 by cloudwriter

cloudwriter's picture
by Rachel
in Forever wishing I could at least visit Brazil, specficially Rio...

December 21st, 2022

Hi all. It's been a long time since I've logged on even though I have been lurking for a few days now. I've been feeling nostalgic lately, especially considering I am finally finding time to write in my busy life.

Many may not remember me and I see new faces as well. My name is Rachel also known as cloudwriter and I joined back in September of 2010. As a kid, I had so many stories floating around in my head that I wanted to write down. I used to scribble sentences with pictures on notebook paper, staple them together, and call it a book. In 2010, I was looking up writing contests for kids and stumbled upon Kidpub. Like many others, I lurked as a guest for months before finally convincing my parents to let me join.

Kidpub gave me an outlet to create and share my work. It allowed me to connect with so many amazing people, some of whom I am still friends with to this day. I wrote some of my first real novels while being a member of this site, some of which I still hold closely to my heart. I will never forget staying up late reading stories on here or goofing off and posting on Writer's Block. Kidpub will forever hold a place in my heart.

As I write this, it has been a long 12 years. I am 24 now, married with a great job and an amazing husband. After college, I fell into a slump where I did not write. A month ago in November, I completed my first National Novel Writing Month in about eight years. I started a day late, hadn't planned to do it at all, but decided to give it a go. Now, a month later, I look forward to editing my novel every day and hope to look into publishing soon. I've finally broken through that long slump where I could not write.

As I mentioned, I have been lurking for a few days now. While it pains me to see Kidpub not nearly as active as it used to be, I still remember all of the fond memories that shaped me into who I am today. One day, I hope Kidpub will be full of life and stories for the next generation. I just wanted to pop on to say thank you to Perry for creating this beautiful site and for preserving many of my fondest stories and memories. I hope to pop in more frequently. :)

See more stories by Rachel
Ayo Rachel, I hope you have

Ayo Rachel, I hope you have a wonderful and fulfilling life and your legacy has left an important mark on KidPub.

Posted by Elizabeth on Wed, 12/21/2022 - 12:51
RACHEL! Hey, LST says hi!

RACHEL! Hey, LST says hi! we're on the way to drop him off at the airport. he was here for my college graduation :)

Posted by theodora on Wed, 12/21/2022 - 16:48
Hey!! Congrats on graduating

Hey!! Congrats on graduating that's so exciting! :)

Posted by Rachel on Mon, 12/26/2022 - 21:53
Rachel!! Hi!! Miss ya and

Rachel!! Hi!! Miss ya and glad to hear you've been doing well. Congrats on getting back into writing!! I've been meaning to for a while but... yeah ????

by the way, do you still check your email, the one hooked up to your contact me form?

Posted by L.S.Trendom on Wed, 12/21/2022 - 16:52
LST!!! Hey! Hope you're

LST!!! Hey! Hope you're doing well! Yeah it was a struggle for a while, I've been so busy with work that I hadn't had time. Also I got locked out that email a long time ago unfortunately. Do you use Facebook still? Either message me on there or I can send you my new email.

Posted by Rachel on Mon, 12/26/2022 - 21:55