/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Just a book talk for school, please view! | KidPub Press //
Just a book talk for school, please view!

Posted February 7th, 2018 by alemye10

by /alem/
in what?? “The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.”

February 7th, 2018

A/n Okay so at my school I have to do a book talk each month where I talk about a book. This is the first one I’m posting on KP. Since I’ll be reading this allowed I’m not worried about grammar much bot more wording and phrases. Examples are cliches or something that doesn’t fit too well. My book is The Fault in Our Stars so yeah. I would really appreciate comments and if you have something you would like me to read and comment on, please let me know.

—————
Shakespeare was wrong.

Yes, that writing genius guy who used those weird words, he was wrong when he had Cassius note, "The fault, dear Brutus is not in our stars / But in ourselves."
And after reading "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green I have theorized this: No, dear Brutus, the fault is not in ourselves, it is in our stars.

And I'm sure Hazel Grace Lancaster would agree with my words there, because it was almost her own thought in her own book and it wasn't her fault that she was diagnosed with stage 4 thyroid cancer at 13 years old. It isn't her fault that that the cancer spread to her lungs and is uncurable. It isn't her fault, not at all.
Hazel would be dead if it wasn't for the miracle that saved her after a brush of death. And just because she's alive doesn't mean she isn't dying. Hazel will never be cancer-free. The medicine won't make her live forever, or at least give her a normal life span, it'll only give her a couple more years before her time comes.
So of course, it's easy to see why sixteen-year old Hazel is depressed. Staying at home, hooked up to her oxygen tank most of the time, Hazel may be alive but she doesn't have much of a life.
Hazel tries to make sure her cancer doesn't define her but it's hard. And because Hazel is depressed, she must go to Cancer-Support Group for cancer survivors and wait until her name is tacked on to the end of the dead people list, the list where cancer survivors aren't cancer survivors anymore. The time where the fault in her stars overcomes her, swallows her completely.
But Hazel's life changes when her friend at the Support Group brings his friend, Augustus Waters. Augustus is just what Hazel's life needs and after that day at support group, Hazel's life will never, ever be the same.
The Fault in Our Stars is a beautiful book. Really sad, laugh-out-loud funny, romantic, this book has just the perfect ingredients. But, if you decide to read this book, be very mature about it and I wouldn't recommend it if you won't.
Another thing about this book is that you can really connect with the characters. You feel their pain, their happiness, their grieving, you will grow to love Hazel Grace Lancaster and Augustus Waters no matter the fault in their stars.

You can find this book on the sixth grade shelf at our school library.

See more stories by /alem/
Don’t pay attention to the

Don’t pay attention to the ‘you can find this book at’ part. We have to include where to find the book so yeah lol
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by /alem/ on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 13:56
Overall this is a good book

Overall this is a good book talk. Good luck.

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by qU@2T$m@$t32 on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 14:07
^ ~~  i bless the rains

^

~~ 

i bless the rains down in africa

Posted by Fancy Penguin on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 14:31
Thanks! __________ “There

Thanks!
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by /alem/ on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 16:11
Thank you for the good

Thank you for the good luck!
__________
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by alemye10 on Wed, 02/07/2018 - 16:11