/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ JUSTIN-TERVIEW [Revamped] for Luna! // Colors | KidPub Press //
JUSTIN-TERVIEW [Revamped] for Luna! // Colors

Posted September 27th, 2017 by SuperJ

by AuthorMind(Justin)
in Camp Half-Blood

September 28th, 2017
After six years, my author interviews return. 

JUSTIN-TERVIEW #4: Colors by Luna (a.k.a. FrostBittenKitten)

1: Dear Luna, for those who are not familiar with your work, can you share what Colors is about a little bit? 

2: What inspired you to write Colors? 

3: Who are the Rainbow Council? 

4: Can you give some advice to up-and-coming authors that are looking to establish their own novel? 

5: Favorite color? 

6: Do you have a favorite comment in mind during your very first post of Colors?

7: Can you go deeper into the backstory of Indy? 

8: How do you combat writer's block? 

9: If you could put a cover to your novel, what would be on it? 

10: Last question. Are there any other books you'll write in the future other than Colors? I'm looking forward to reading them!

Thanks for your time. laugh

See more stories by AuthorMind(Justin)
BTW congrats again on your

BTW congrats again on your contest win!

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Wed, 09/27/2017 - 23:22
1:  Colors takes place in a

1:  Colors takes place in a world where everyone has a specific color assigned to them, and it gives them powers.  It is governed by the Rainbow Council, who have been given the colors of the rainbow (i.e. Violet, Blue, Green, etc.) and who each are assigned a Kingdom with the colors that go under their main category (i.e. Blue includes Turquoise, Navy, Sky, etc.).  The Rainbow Council decides that Indy, whose color is Indigo (I clearly wasn't too creative with her name haha), should not be considered a Rainbow Color anymore and they kick her off the Council.  Meanwhile, the Shadows (who are the enemies of the Colors) are returning to destroy the Colors once and for all and the Colors must fulfill a mysterious prochecy before time runs out.

2: Okay, this is a bit random honestly.  I was inspired when I was sitting in science class one day and my teacher said that even though before we've been told indigo is a rainbow color, it's really not.  So I started doodling humanized colors and thought "what if I wrote a book about this?"  And that's how I began to think of Colors.

3: The Rainbow Council are the Colors of the Rainbow, who have been trained to lead the other Colors.  They were not assigned the Rainbow Colors at birth, rather they were chosen to train to be a Rainbow Color because they were very strong and earned their titles through training.  They make most of the important decisions and defend the rest of the Colors.  They also unlock the powers of their special object (i.e. Ultra Violet, Infrared) to be used only in emergencies.

4: While I still have yet to finish a novel, I am working hard to finish Colors, so here is my advice for those wishing to write and finish a novel.  First of all, plan it out.  I cannot stress this one enough.  Don't just think of an idea and do whatever you feel like.  You need a plan of what you want to happen when and how it ends.  I forget to do this and it is a reason I haven't finished a lot of things.  Another thing you need to think about is who will read this and what genre will it be.  You should also make your characters more human and relatable (they can be elves or trolls or whatever, I didn't mean literally human lol).  By that I mean that you need to give them personality and realistic flaws.  Finally, make sure you enjoy writing the book.  Don't write something that you find boring!  And yes, writing can get tedious at times but stick with it.  I promise it will be worth it.

5: My favorite character in Colors is probably Theo, to be honest, but my favorite color is blue (surprise!).

6: Not really.  I love and appreciate every comment I get.  :)

7: So, basically Indy was trained like all the other Colors but she was always considered less by a lot of people or forgotten.  Her parents both died when she was young and she was adopted by a family in Indigo, but they always treated their own children above her.  She wants people to notice her and constantly ends up feeling treated like a child or left out.  Juliet has always had it out for Indy, because she didn't like Indy having a vote since they mainly disagreed on things.  Jeff doesn't like Indy either, because he is aware that she could change things far easier than she realizes.

8: This is a hard one.  Usually by brainstorming and thinking up new ideas for my characters and the story.  Also seeing to get from point A to point B.

9: I'm not sure, probably something to do with the rainbow.  XD

10: I'm not sure, to be honest.  Maybe some realistic fiction?  I'm a sucker for lovestories.

Posted by FrostBittenKitten on Thu, 09/28/2017 - 06:42
Wow incredible! I loved your

Wow incredible! I loved your answers and also, I fixed the link so that it takes people directly to Colors. 

Apparently, the link was down before. :)

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Thu, 09/28/2017 - 14:35
Thanks!  :)   Please read:
Posted by palaces out of ... on Thu, 09/28/2017 - 19:08
This sounds so cool, Luna!!

This sounds so cool, Luna!! I'm gonna check it out soon

Thanks for these, Justin, they're delightful

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* Chrysostom on Sun, 10/01/2017 - 14:48