/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidBrains - What did the SMARTPHONE Take Away From Us? Lost Inventions. | KidPub Press //
KidBrains - What did the SMARTPHONE Take Away From Us? Lost Inventions.

Posted January 5th, 2018 by arnavpatnaik27

by Arnav
in Surrey

January 5th, 2018

When the first smartphone was created in 1992, it was an instant phenomenon around the world. Its easily accessible features made everyday lives for EVERYONE more convenient. And all of us know how nice the entertainment it provides can be. From music, to games, cameras, social networking, TV and more, the smartphone recreated, if not improved, these things on one device. But in the creation of the smartphone, many inventions became much less popular, and there is a slight sad feeling about that thought. This KidBrains will see exactly WHAT has almost been forgotten about or at least should be (like dabbing… but that’s a different story).

Do not read this. (HAHA, got you. Ok moving on.)

In 1895, the radio was invented by Guglielmo Marconi (I just copy and pasted that from Google; I couldn’t spell his name). Suddenly, people could hear the news whilst sitting at home and do other things such as know the weather forecast. In other words, people could find out about what was happening around them a LOT quicker. Now days, with a single tap, we can see what the weather will be in two weeks! We can see the news in any topic, such as sport. Radios are uncommon now unlike their immense admiration in the 20th century. Guglielmo would probably be quite confused to see that a thin slab of metal outdid the radio he spent years of his life making.

The stereo was another AMAZING invention. We could listen to music with it, I think, because I do not really remember what a stereo looks like… Anyway, now we can easily listen to music on our smartphones… you get the idea.

But with the downfall of inventions such as these comes the downfall of the companies who manufacture them. Certain radio-manufacturing companies have become bankrupt because of an EXTREMELY small number of sales.

But think about this (do not be a smarty and start thinking about the word ‘this’. You probably are now, though).

Although the smartphone has included many inventions on one device, where were those inventions created in the first place? Actually, we have not lost anything. Those famous inventors did not waste any time in making the things which brought them glory.

The origin of the TV and many other devices will always be remembered...

AND before we finish, that ending was too cheesy and emotional. This is much better, and colourful.

Don’t forget to vote on my KidBrains poll on what you would like me to discuss next! Bye. smiley

See more stories by Arnav
Your so funny! I'll be

Your so funny! I'll be looking forward to the next report!

Posted by Cherith on Mon, 01/08/2018 - 13:36
Oh! Thankyou so much! That

Oh! Thankyou so much! That made me so happy! 

PS: I saw your comment for more Ryan Pickles, I am doing that now.

Thankyou again! wink

Posted by Arnav on Fri, 01/12/2018 - 11:46