/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ KidBrains - When will DOOMSDAY Occur? Ways in which Our World could END. | KidPub Press //
KidBrains - When will DOOMSDAY Occur? Ways in which Our World could END.

Posted January 12th, 2018 by arnavpatnaik27

by Arnav
in Surrey

January 12th, 2018

Everything has a beginning. And an end. 

Earth is no exception to this rule (unlucky, my fellow earthlings). So, it is obvious that Earth will ‘die’ one day. This does not mean that the planet has to be destroyed, but all life forms on it could die. This is the equivalent of DOOMSDAY. I have tried to make this post seem less dark than the title, but make yourself mentally prepared. Although these are all theories, you may become worried (you probably won’t, but… um, moving on). This KidBrains post will see some ways in which our wonderful planet could END; some of these may seem rather astonishing to you…

Way 1 - Methane Overload

And before I continue, no, it is not the methane you are thinking of. Underneath the seabeds of the entire planet are deposits of methane clathrate. Although there is a significantly smaller amount of methane in the atmosphere than carbon dioxide, it makes up for 7% of global warming today. Sometimes, the methane inside the seabeds could destabilise, and release HUGE amounts of this greenhouse gas into the atmosphere, resulting in a warming effect on the globe. This has happened before (that is worrying) but that was 252,000,000 years ago (less worrying now). During this release, 96% of marine life died in the whole planet. It was an aquatic-apocalyptic event.

Way 2 - Nano Machines

Sometimes, oil spills have occurred in our oceans, and threatened many forms of aquatic life. To clean up this deadly spill, scientists could create nano machines. These machines would be programmed to consume the oil in the seas. However, in the process of duplicating these tiny machines, an error could occur. Suddenly, these life-saving things would consume any carbon-based living being.

Now that is SCARY. Imagine being eaten alive by tiny things which can duplicate and which you can’t see.

Way 3 - ROBOT INVASION

I hope you haven’t read this title and immediately thought I was about to speak nonsense (KidBrains never speaks nonsense…) because the chance of a robot invasion is a possibility. AI or Artificial Intelligence is the next level of man-made ‘life’. In the future, it is possible that we, as humans, will be able to give AI a sense of JUDGEMENT, or hope, or feelings…

An AI robot could begin to consider itself superior to their creators. They could see their power button as a danger to their existence. They could figure out that we humans fight when we come across a danger or an obstacle. Taking all of these points into account, the robots could decide to take action first…

So the next time you use your TV remote, make sure you keep an eye on it.

Because you’ll never know when it will get too smart… wink

thankyou for reading! Please, please click on 'see more stories by Arnav' and vote on my poll on which Kidbrains to write next. It really helps. Bye!

See more stories by Arnav
Hey Arnav, this is really

Hey Arnav, this is really cool, but if you really want answer how the world will end you can get a Bible and go into Revaltions. It's really easy too find because it is the last book in the Bible ! Most books in the Bible are about what have happend. Not Revleations! It's about the future.

Posted by Cherith on Fri, 01/12/2018 - 15:07
Hello, Brooke, I know you're

Hello, Brooke, I know you're a Christian, but don't force your beliefs on others like this. I apologize for playing the "bad cop", but this frankly makes my blood boil and we aren't evangelical and religiously-driven on KidPub. Thank you.

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by SilverMoon on Fri, 01/12/2018 - 19:35
Hey SliverMoon , I didn't

Hey SliverMoon , I didn't mean to make you rilled. But, I love y'all way too much not too tell you.....you know want I want you to know something. I pray for y'all, to someday see the truth in my words.

Posted by Cherith on Fri, 01/12/2018 - 21:16
Thankyou for telliing me.

Thankyou for telliing me. This was just a fun version of Doomsday wink

"I couldn't find a good quote from anyone, so I decided to make an inspiring one myself. I think I've failed at that." Arnav (me)

Posted by Arnav on Fri, 01/12/2018 - 18:28
Wow! This is very

Wow! This is very interesting, I have a bit of a fascination with this kind of dark and morbid stuff :)

Of course, if we somehow manage to avoid all this and more, the sun will eventually expand and die and kill us all, but hey. Maybe we'll have figured out interplanetary / intersolar travel and will be able to move. Lol

Posted by Unknown on Fri, 01/12/2018 - 19:39
ikr                

ikr

It is kind of fun to do the impossible.~Walt Disney~

Posted by the person who ... on Sun, 01/14/2018 - 21:42