/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Kidpub Flash Fiction Contest! Enter Now! | KidPub Press //
Kidpub Flash Fiction Contest! Enter Now!

Posted March 27th, 2019 by Zelda

by Unclevre
in a perpetual predicament

April 12th, 2019

KIDPUB FLASH FICTION CONTEST

Welcome to the Kidpub Flash Fiction Contest! Flash fiction is basically a super short story that you can read in… a flash. Pun intended. In flash fiction, you must tell a complete story in a limited amount of words. Therefore, this contest will have both a minimum word count and a maximum word count (see rules for specifics). Because of the variety of ages and experience levels on Kidpub, there will be two sections for the contest; junior, and senior. A list of qualifiers for each section will be provided below, please read each section carefully, there is a password hidden in one of the sections that you must include on the form to confirm that you have read the qualifiers and the rules. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to seeing your entries!

Contest Starts: March 28, 2019

Contest Ends: April 30, 2019, 

*please note: I will be starting a full time job as of May 6th. I will try finish judging before then, but there's no guarentees how soon the results will come out.

Prompt (what your story must be inspired by): Radioactivity

Junior Qualifiers; you do not have to check off all of the boxes to qualify for the junior section. Ultimately it is up to you to decide which category you belong in, the division is here to make the contest fair for everyone.

• 13 years and younger
  • 3 or fewer years experience writing
  • Not fluent in English
  • Password is dragons
  • You have never written flash fiction before and you have absolutely no clue what you are doing.

Senior Qualifiers; once again, you do not have to check all the boxes to qualify for the senior section. What category you enter is entirely up to you, I will not argue with your choice unless I feel your choice will cause an imbalance in the contest.

• 14 years and older
  • 4+ years experience writing
  • Fluent in English
  • You have written flash fiction before and enjoyed it a lot.

Rules:

• You must fill in the password correctly! (Hint: there is more than one password hidden here, the final one listed is the correct one)
  • The minimum word count is 100 words, the maximum word count is 700.
  • Fill out the form after you have posted your entry story, so you can add the link.
  • Please include ‘For KPFC’ in the title of your entry post, that way if anyone forgets to link their story here, I will still be able to locate the story!
  • The password is high flying birds.

Form:

Name:

Junior or Senior:

Link to story:

Password:

Depending on the number of entries, I may need someone to help me judge. If so, would you be willing to help judge the section that you are not entered in?:

See more stories by Unclevre
IOooh ok, I'll enter for

IOooh ok, I'll enter for senior division, help you advertise, and help judge juniors (if you need)! Although maybe you should make the contest a little longer so we have more time to publicize it? 

also lol do i need to put the password now or when i do the actual form

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by SilverMoon on Thu, 03/28/2019 - 13:46
awesome, thanks! *misses own

awesome, thanks! *misses own deadline* uh, yes, the date will get pushed back. 

when u do the actual form is fine. 

"Champion, I can take a beating, I'll rise again." - Barns Courtney

Posted by Unclever Re on Fri, 04/12/2019 - 18:08
heckkk i was in a play this

heckkk i was in a play this weekend and forgot this existed

are you gonna move the due date back or let this go, or something else?

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* on Sun, 04/07/2019 - 18:18
yes, the date is being

yes, the date is being pushed back. I'll update this thing in a minute :) 

Posted by Unclever Re on Fri, 04/12/2019 - 18:09
aww darn i didn't see this

aww darn i didn't see this until now!

Posted by starlight (luna) on Wed, 04/10/2019 - 16:59
The end date is being pushed

The end date is being pushed back, you can still enter! :D

Name: Snow Junior or Senior:

Name: Snow

Junior or Senior: Senior

Link to story: https://www.kidpub.com/story/radioactivity-livermore-2955162791

Password: :

Depending on the number of entries, I may need someone to help me judge. If so, would you be willing to help judge the section that you are not entered in?: If you need help, sure!

Posted by *Snow* on Sun, 04/14/2019 - 21:51