Kidpub Flash Fiction Contest! Enter Now!
Posted March 27th, 2019 by Zelda
in a perpetual predicament
April 12th, 2019
KIDPUB FLASH FICTION CONTEST
Welcome to the Kidpub Flash Fiction Contest! Flash fiction is basically a super short story that you can read in… a flash. Pun intended. In flash fiction, you must tell a complete story in a limited amount of words. Therefore, this contest will have both a minimum word count and a maximum word count (see rules for specifics). Because of the variety of ages and experience levels on Kidpub, there will be two sections for the contest; junior, and senior. A list of qualifiers for each section will be provided below, please read each section carefully, there is a password hidden in one of the sections that you must include on the form to confirm that you have read the qualifiers and the rules. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to seeing your entries!
Contest Starts: March 28, 2019
Contest Ends: April 30, 2019,
*please note: I will be starting a full time job as of May 6th. I will try finish judging before then, but there's no guarentees how soon the results will come out.
Prompt (what your story must be inspired by): Radioactivity
Junior Qualifiers; you do not have to check off all of the boxes to qualify for the junior section. Ultimately it is up to you to decide which category you belong in, the division is here to make the contest fair for everyone.
- 13 years and younger
- 3 or fewer years experience writing
- Not fluent in English
- Password is dragons
- You have never written flash fiction before and you have absolutely no clue what you are doing.
Senior Qualifiers; once again, you do not have to check all the boxes to qualify for the senior section. What category you enter is entirely up to you, I will not argue with your choice unless I feel your choice will cause an imbalance in the contest.
- 14 years and older
- 4+ years experience writing
- Fluent in English
- You have written flash fiction before and enjoyed it a lot.
- You must fill in the password correctly! (Hint: there is more than one password hidden here, the final one listed is the correct one)
- The minimum word count is 100 words, the maximum word count is 700.
- Fill out the form after you have posted your entry story, so you can add the link.
- Please include ‘For KPFC’ in the title of your entry post, that way if anyone forgets to link their story here, I will still be able to locate the story!
- The password is high flying birds.
Junior or Senior:
Link to story:
Depending on the number of entries, I may need someone to help me judge. If so, would you be willing to help judge the section that you are not entered in?:
See more stories by Unclevre