//
KIDPUB HOUSES?? My idea to revive KP

KIDPUB HOUSES?? My idea to revive KP

Posted April 18th, 2017 by Codename-X12

by Predator-6 (Jack)
in the Guardians HQ

April 18th, 2017

KIDPUB HOUSES???

MY IDEA TO REVIVE KP!

I (and many of you, I'm sure) have noticed that KidPub is barely alive anymore. I mean, it says 53 members are active, but it seems a lot less to me. I have an idea to give KidPub a little CPR and bring

it back to life and this idea will probably be fun for everyone on KidPub. I had this idea a while ago and will share you my idea for KidPub Houses. If enough people like the idea and join a House, then 

great! But if anyone doesn't want to join a House they obviously don't have to. Hopefully I can stretch this out long enough to not be clogging, but here we go! Hope you like the idea!

Okay, so my idea  is basically that there are three KidPub Houses (I have some ideas for the names of those Houses, but you'll be able to decide the names of these Houses). My idea is that (1.) you

join a House (2.) whenever you post a story of comment on someone else's work, etc. you will earn points for your House. The points will be kept track of on a special forum

thread on the Writer's Block (1 thread for each different House), so when you comment, post, etc. make a post on your House's thread saying what you did and how many points it earned (there will be

a list of how many points you will get for doing what). The idea is, people will want to post and comment to have their House be on top with the most points (and thus KidPub will survive this dark time).

If you think this is a good idea, comment below. When you comment, comment any suggestions to improve the system, what the House names should be (not Harry Potter ones plz. I luv HP but it

would be weird). Eventually I'll post a poll to decide the names of each House and the individual threads will be up and running. Also, the point system will be improved. Hopefully this idea has what it

takes to bring a new Golden Age about!

KIDPUB POINTS

Posting a story (no clogging allowed. Also announcements like this are not a story): 25 points

Posting a poem (has to be more than just a few lines): 10 points

Posting a chapter: 15 points (chapters may be shorter than whole stories)

CC (commenting on a story and providing helpful advice and what you liked about the story): 7 points

Regular comment: 3 points

Vote on a poll: 2 points

Post something else (poll, etc): 7 points

Complete a novel on KP: 40 points

REMEMBER: please comment your ideas and if you like the new system. Hope this idea takes off! Remember, could be improved a lot with your help. Thanx. Predator-6 out!

See more stories by Predator-6 (Jack)
Keira:) This is brilliant!

Keira:)

This is brilliant! Great idea! This will definetily get more people posting and commenting. I think that point system is great, as long as people don't get competetive or rude. It is also important to remember that when you are writing a story, you should not rush, and always remember that editing is vital to the writting process. You should not post stories just to get points, and when you comment... it needs to be true not just thrown out there to get points.( I hope this makes sense) Otherwise, Great Idea! I hope people will support it! 

Posted by Keira :) on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 17:43
Yes, I agree with that

Yes, I agree with that point.

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by Ghost on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 23:04
u should totally do this

u should totally do this

Posted by Huntress Fade (... on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 17:48
So wait... THEN I HAVE A LOT

So wait... THEN I HAVE A LOT OF POINTS... A LOT.... I posted already 8 novels, and they all have a lot of chapters, plus my other ones that I haven't finished but there are the chapters... 

I like the idea, but who is gonna take charge? We need someone to keep track? I dunno.

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster A.K.A. Osaid)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by QuartzMaster on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 18:06
yeah..........Quartz

yeah..........Quartz probably has more points than any other Kper

Posted by Huntress Fade (... on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 19:53
But it would only be fair to

But it would only be fair to start from the point the houses begin, so those wouldn't count. However, I do appreciate how much you post. I just don't think things any of us have posted prior to the formation of houses should be counted. So those would not count.

Posted by Ghost on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 23:05
I like this idea! Maybe we

I like this idea! Maybe we could do names if famous writers for the house/books? Also, what we could do is write our house name in our signature with a link to the thread and then if you see a comment on your post you add the points? Idk just an idea

Do you know what Angelica said, when she read what you'd done? She said: "You've married and Icarus. He's flown to close to the sun."

Posted by OkayHazelGrace on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 21:53
Also maybe we shoudl add

Also maybe we shoudl add points for creating/participating/winning competitions or something. 

Posted by OkayHazelGrace on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 22:13
Yes, I like that idea. {i

Yes, I like that idea.

Posted by Ghost on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 23:06
Hm. That is possible. That

Hm. That is possible. That is a good name suggestion.

Hm. I think this idea does

Hm. I think this idea does have potential. I do not think the houses should be random though. Not "I like this name best, so I'm joining this house" ones. We don't have to have some sort of "sorting", more like choosing, and having a choice to make. So that the people in the same house are like-minded in their goals/values/have things in common. I do not yet know what that would be.

However, I do think this idea could be beneficial.

Posted by Ghost on Tue, 04/18/2017 - 23:03
Hello! I haven't been on

Hello! I haven't been on KidPub in a while (that is why I'm commenting so late), but I think this is a great idea! The points system is also great, but I have a question. What happens if someone posts a short poem that wouldn't count? Would points still be given to them? Sorry to bother you about that...

Oh, and I've found something that can help sort out the users into their houses, too. It's here: https://hubpages.com/education/One-Question-Personality-Test

Since it determines personalities, we would get like-minded people into the same groups, and with only one question! Of course, I don't know if we could include one house for every single option; we may have to either 1) decrease the number of options, 2) combine some of the options, or 3) still have all of the options only that more than two options can get you into the same house.

I hope that helps! :)

"Never give up on your dreams." ~ Quora

Posted by WindOfTheMaple ... on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 07:08
That sounds cool. I think

That sounds cool. I think this is a pretty good idea! (This is 7 points! Haha!)

My only problem is, would this get al little too competitive? Let's just say there are 10 people in House A, 4 people in House B, 13 people in House C, and 27 people in House D. How do we know the people in House B wouldn't feel bad about themselves if they're being teased by the people in House D saying, 'Oh, we have the most people, we're the best.'

Other than that, it's great.

Posted by Julia on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 09:33
I don't really like that

I don't really like that test, but I like the idea.

Posted by Ghost on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 11:03
I like this idea of KidPub

I like this idea of KidPub houses. it could be really fun and it could work.

and using a personality test as a kind of sorting hat is a cool idea but I agree with Ena

in saying that I really hate that test. if we're going to do personality test, they should be

comprehensive ones like the Ennegream or something. that could be interesting. 

Posted by Elias on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 13:04
I like how the Hogwarts

I like how the Hogwarts houses are ultimately about what you value. Perhaps on KP we could make it about what you value within writing.

I think comprehensive personality tests like the Enneagram or MBTI is another really good idea.

Posted by Ghost on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 13:21
This idea is awesome. I can

This idea is awesome. I can already imagine so many house names. Now I know it's best not to keep them random, but like, maybe the names could correspond with whatever each House is doing?

(These are just suggestions and are not set in stone)

House of Intensity - (Horror writers, Action/Adventure writers, Mystery writers)

House of Whimsy - (Fantasy writers, Sci-fi writers, Poetry writers)

House of Empathy - (Romance writers, Humor writers, Non-fiction writers ???)

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 09:33
I personally disagree with

I personally disagree with those house ideas, only because many works, like my own, are cross-genre. For instance, Sin Game might have a fantastic foundation, but it is primarily drama and mystery. Sun, Moon, and Sky is Fantasy, but it is very intense and dark. See what I mean? I am not sure classifying by genre is a good idea?

Posted by Ghost on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 10:58
I agree. I write many

I agree. I write many different genres, mostly fantasy but some are based off things I've seen, others realistic fiction (spin-offs of my own life). I write a little bit of poetry but not very often at all. If we really did ues these houses, I'd be completely torn between ALL THREE. I love to write fantasy and sci-fi (Whimsy), meanwhile I'm also writing an action/fanfiction story about pokemon that I might put here, and another action story with my sister (Intensity). AND, to top it all off, I make google docs where all I do is put funny things (pictures and words) and share them with my friends so that everyone can enjoy a good laugh. One is literally pictures of pokemon being cute and funny (that's not writing, but you get the point, right? I like humor). And THAT goes with the House of Empathy.

So yeah... I'd be torn. Three ways.

Posted by Julia on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 11:57
I see what you mean,

I see what you mean, definitely. But I guess what I meant was, do we have to stay within a House? Like, especially for writers who write cross-genres (myself included), couldn't we compete for points in Houses that we are working on at the moment?

For example: One author isn't going to write just horror forever. Could he not switch to romance and then compete for said House???? 

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 15:17
No, I think it would be nice

No, I think it would be nice to have permanent houses.

Posted by Red Zero on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 15:38
I think permanent housing

I think permanent housing would give the members a bit of pride yknow. Like i take pride in being a slytherin and I want to stay a slytherin. Same thing here applies I guess. If you're part of a house, that house might become something you value and want to write for.

Posted by Elliot on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 16:56
Yes, exactly. I admire how

Yes, exactly. I admire how well you were able to put it into words.

Posted by Red Zero on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 17:14
We could name the houses

We could name the houses based on our top 3 or 4 favorite series (idk if it's 3 or 4 houses).

Posted by Lila Violet ;) on Wed, 04/19/2017 - 21:15