/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Kidpub July Writing Contest | KidPub Press //
Kidpub July Writing Contest

Kidpub July Writing Contest

Posted July 2nd, 2015 by Cherrybomb

Cherrybomb's picture
by Cherrybomb
in debted

July 2nd, 2015
First of all, this thread will explain a lot more about the contest.

This is a contest made by a whole bunch of kidpubbers (currently, those actively working on this are Swallowtail, Jesse, Jill, Meera, and Cherrybomb, but more help would be fantastic if you'd like to help out with judging, prizes, etc). Basically, we're all pitching in to try and make a big kidpub writing contest. Something like the actual, official monthly ones (cough or should I say yearly by now), except with different prizes. 

If you want to volunteer to help out with this, that would be great! Even if you just have a couple ideas, it'd be awesome if you replied to the thread linked above. 

RULES:
  • You may not use old writing. 
  • Your entry must pertain to the theme in some way. 
  • One entry per person. 
  • Your entry should be in the form of a short story.
  • DO NOT post your entry on kidpub. Submit your entry here.
  • Entries submitted after the due date will not be accepted.

JUDGING: 

Each entry will be scored in various categories. Judges will collaborate and announce the results in the middle of August (most likely). 

THEME: Images/Photographs---Use either of these images as a prompt for your story

Option 1:                                                                                                                                                          

Option 2:                                                                                                                                                         

PRIZES:

1st place: 
4 comments w/cc, a bookcover, two character drawings, an advertisement for one of your stories in Cherrybomb's bio, and a book review

2nd place: 
2 comments w/cc, a bookcover, a character drawing, and a book review

3rd place: 
2 comments w/cc and a book review

DUE DATE: JULY 31ST.

See more stories by Cherrybomb
*claps wildly* Yay!! I'd

*claps wildly* Yay!! I'd probably be willing to help with book reviews and cc, and I might submit a piece. However, I can't see the second image; it's white with an X in the corner. If it's supposed to be like that ignore this xD

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

Posted by HazelHope on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:10
OPTION

OPTION TWO:

http://wisgoon.com/media/pin/images/o/2015/4/3/1/1428009717717531.jpg

(sorry about that, i don't think cherry copypasted in the right link)

here is your friendly reminder to do your homework, drink water, eat food, take your meds, get some rest, and love yourself! :) you are not worthless and you desere to live another day!

Posted by The Red Half of... on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:15
Thanks for that Meera, at

Thanks for that Meera, at first I used the old link you sent me and it appeared fine on my computer, but when I looked at it through another device it wasn't there. xD

*~Crossroads~*

Posted by Cherrybomb on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 14:02
I can't see option two DDD:

I can't see option two DDD: you might want to fix that...^^' This looks wicked, I think I might have to join ouo  

I believe my life has value, and I døn't want to waste it thinking abøut cløthing. I døn't want tø think abøut what I will wear in the mørning. Truly, can you imagine anything møre børing than fashiøn? -- Ian Malcølm <3

Posted by The Future Ex-M... on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:09
Click on the link in my

Click on the link in my other comment.

Posted by meerkat on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:16
That is...that's beautiful

That is...that's beautiful ;w; thanks very much Meera :D

Posted by The Future Ex-M... on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:17
Hey guys I'm one of the

Hey guys I'm one of the judges for poetry :D Cherry this is great but I think you should clarify that your entry can be a poem as well as a story

Posted by Jesterboy on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:33
Nope, this time it's only

Nope, this time it's only short stories. We're doing poetry for August, I think, and using a different prompt.

Posted by The Red Half of... on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:41
OH I thought we were doing

OH I thought we were doing poetry and short stories together sorry

Posted by Jesterboy on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 13:43
Can I call you simon cowell

Can I call you simon cowell bc you're a judge, jess owo

Posted by The Future Ex-M... on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 14:04
joining

joining

Posted by bombadil [silent] on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 15:47
This is an amazing idea!

This is an amazing idea! I'll definitely try to enter.

Posted by Augusta on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 18:03
ENTRIES RECEIVED: (this

ENTRIES RECEIVED: (this comment will be edited as time goes on) (also fyi the judges won't know which entry is whose, only I know for now and I'm not a judge)

reneebook

maxi

Alaska

mysterygirl

Posted by meerkat on Sun, 07/05/2015 - 13:24
Entering   "Crowns do queer

Entering

"Crowns do queer things to the heads beneath them" - A Clash of Kings, George R. R. Martin

Posted by Hummingbird (Izzy) on Thu, 07/02/2015 - 19:26
ONE: I can't see the option

ONE: I can't see the option 2 even in the link. TWO: can I like pretend it's playing a chapter in one of my books, when it really isn't? Sorta like it's another chapter in my book or something like that

"(>^_^)>#
I made you a waffle

#?(^_^?)
But then I was like...

(>^#^?)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.

Posted by Red Riding Hood... on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 06:14
Second picture is cool but

Second picture is cool but im bewildered on how it looks that way? Photo shop? Cuz techniclly you cant do that cuz he hand cant go through paper

"(>^_^)>#
I made you a waffle

#?(^_^?)
But then I was like...

(>^#^?)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.

Posted by Red Riding Hood... on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 11:46
BTW I really really want to

BTW I really really want to need but i cant put my email in the form. Can I maybe post it on the NSP?

"(>^_^)>#
I made you a waffle

#?(^_^?)
But then I was like...

(>^#^?)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.

Posted by Red Riding Hood... on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 11:49
Okay, does that mean you can

Okay, does that mean you can see the second image now? I think the entire image is a painting, if you're wondering.

As for not wanting to put your email on the form, that's completely fine. Just fill the rest of it out and leave the email section blank—I'm pretty sure the form itself says filling out the email section is optional if you aren't comfortable with it. Don't post your entry on the NSP, though—that would defeat the purpose of it being anonymous. :3

*~Crossroads~*

Posted by Cherrybomb on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 11:59
It's a photo manipulation. A

It's a photo manipulation. A really good photo manipulation. 

Posted by The Red Half of... on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 14:10
I'M IN! Two questions: Will

I'M IN!

Two questions: Will we be able to post our work on KP after the contest? And is there any limit/minimum number of words the story can be?

Also, I'm trusting y'all to not steal my work.

Seems like fun, I'm going to start writing now!- Panthera tigris tigris (Grace) They must try and unite two governments of different species, after one decides to take some drastic measures. http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/akura-my-nanowrimo-chapter-1-...

Posted by Panthera on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 06:53
Yes, you can definitely post

Yes, you can definitely post your work on kidpub after the results are announced. It would be a bit fishy if we told you not to. xD

No limit, at least not for this contest. We discussed having a minimum/maximum word requirement, but in the end we decided to leave that to the writer. 

*~Crossroads~*

Posted by Cherrybomb on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 12:02
So I really really want to

So I really really want to join, but I can't put my email in te form. Otherwise my parents will ground me like till i go to college or till my wedding wtv. So can i like post it on the NSP? Or can i not do it at all?

"(>^_^)>#
I made you a waffle

#?(^_^?)
But then I was like...

(>^#^?)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.

Posted by Red Riding Hood... on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 17:25
Email is optional :D

Email is optional :D

Posted by Jesterboy on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 17:29
Click the form. Email isn't

Click the form. Email isn't required.

Posted by The Red Half of... on Fri, 07/03/2015 - 23:35
i'm trying to write more, so

i'm trying to write more, so i might join.

Posted by uninspired (ember) on Sun, 07/05/2015 - 01:50
This sounds awesome! I'll be

This sounds awesome! I'll be entering. :)

~did you see the sparks filled with hope? you are not alone~
~cause someone's out there, sending out flares~

Posted by n8ive {kaley} on Sun, 07/05/2015 - 19:31
I'm working on my piece as I

I'm working on my piece as I write this comment! This sounds really good!!

The Battle For Oblivion has begun

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/battle-oblivion-1811140914

Posted by Lazy Bones on Fri, 07/10/2015 - 17:41
This sounds like a great

This sounds like a great idea! I need to get back into writing, and this is a superb oppurtunity. :) Count me in!

- all i can do is be me... whoever that is //bob dylan//

Posted by wisteria on Sat, 07/11/2015 - 11:29
i'M ENTERING except i

i'M ENTERING except i haven't written in 78.942 years so be prepared for a less-than-awesome entry x'D
_________
"be kind, for everyone you meet is engaged a great struggle." -philo of alexandria

Posted by don't panic {mabes} on Sun, 07/12/2015 - 13:45
saaaaame - all i can do is

saaaaame

Posted by wisteria on Sun, 07/12/2015 - 19:14
Hey Cherrybomb! I know

Hey Cherrybomb! I know you've probably gotten a lot of emails and such over my question, but where are you guys right now in terms of judging? I know you guys got a CRAPLOAD of entries and most likely HATE this question, but I can't help it XD

The Battle For Oblivion has begun

Posted by Ashauthor on Thu, 09/03/2015 - 19:53
No problem! I'm actually not

No problem! I'm actually not one of the judges, I only made this post and I'm helping out with the prizes. I think the judges were Jill and Swallowtail, but I emailed everyone a few days ago and I think Jesse's going to help with the short story judging too. So yeah, sorry I can't really answer your question. :(

*~Crossroads~*

Posted by Cherrybomb on Thu, 09/03/2015 - 20:01
That's okay! Thanks for

That's okay! Thanks for replying!

The Battle For Oblivion has begun

Posted by Lazy Bones on Fri, 09/04/2015 - 06:44