/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ M_I_R_R_O_R_S (if your mirror could speak........) Chapter 2 | KidPub Press //
M_I_R_R_O_R_S (if your mirror could speak........) Chapter 2

Posted May 21st, 2017 by waverunner

by Sally
in a March to The Sea

May 21st, 2017

“I’m telling you, that mirror I got on my birthday years ago, it can speak.” The girl told her friend earnestly on the phone.

“Margie, I know how honest you are to me, but that’s just crazy.” Her friend reasoned.

“But, remember that day when I first got it? You believed every single word I said to you about what the shopkeeper told me.” Margie reminded her friend.

“But that was then, and this is now.” Her friend said harshly.

“Well then, just come over to see for yourself.” Margie said and then hung up the phone.

Margie then returned to her room, and went back up to the mirror and held it in her arms.

“Tell me, are you really magic?” Margie asked the mirror.

Yes, I am. But only my owner can see it.

“Ok then, tell me, what is my full name?” Margie asked.

Margie Viola Henderson

“Now, what school do I go to?” Margie questioned again.

Shady Meadow High School

“Ok, do I have any friends?” Margie asked lastly.

Now you do

“Thanks, but, I was hoping to have a friend besides a mirror.” Margie added, and then hung the mirror back on the wall. Then, someone rang the doorbell to her room.

“Come in.” Margie said as she approached the door. It was her “friend”, Leena.

“Oh, um, hi Leena.” Margie welcomed her, but was surprised that she showed up. Leena quickly began to look around, in search of the mirror.

“Where is this “Magical Mirror” of yours?” Leena said mockingly.

Right when Margie was about to get the mirror, she remembered that only she could see its magic. Quickly, she began to think of an excuse.

“My cat scratched the mirror and it’s being repaired.” Margie lied, and tried to do her most convincing tone of voice, but Leena was the master of figuring things out.

“You don’t have a cat, you have a dog.” Leena said plainly, and began to smirk.

“Oh yeah, I meant my dog.” Margie lied again.

“Your dog died four years ago.” Leena added.

“I mean, my neighbor’s dog.” Margie lied a third time, even though she knew that she could never outwit her inquisitive “friend”.

Suddenly, Leena held a tight grip onto Margie.

“Where is the mirror?!” Leena demanded.

Hesitantly, Margie walked toward the wall and uncovered the mirror, and then brought it back to Leena. Leena observed the object with so much care, that she treated the mirror better than she treated Margie. Margie stood nervously. Leena then looked at it, waiting for the magical words to appear. There was nothing. She looked again. Again, there was nothing.

“Wow, what an amazing mirror you have!” Leena taunted, “Wait until everyone else at school hears about this!”

Margie just stood, but then gained enough courage to speak, “Gee thanks Leena.”

“Well, that’s what friends are for.” Leena said with a smile.

“I was being sarcastic.” Margie laughed. Leena then became very angry.

“Shut up!” Leena shouted. At once, Margie became silent.

“I am so sorry my friend, but I must go, bye!” Leena exclaimed as she left the room.

“I’m not your friend.” Margie said through her teeth, and then went outside. It was about 4:00 in the evening, and everything was peaceful. Margie once made a swing from an old tire that her dad had given her, and ever since, that is where she would sit. Sadly, a few weeks after, her dad was killed in a car accident. So every time she would sit in the swing, she would talk as if her dad was right in front of her.

“Dad, if your listening, I would like to tell you that I made a 94 on my history test.” Margie said as she looked up at the blue, mystical sky. Even though there wasn’t a real answer, Margie always pretended as if there was. She could almost feel her dad’s soft touch on her arm as he would say “Great Job, I told you that you are smart.” Those were the most comforting words that he would ever tell her. And she would carry them in her heart for the rest of her life.

“And remember that mirror that I bought? Well, it speaks to me know.” Margie told her dad, “But, the only problem is that Leena is making fun of me for believing in magic.”

After Margie said that, a soft wind came from the trees around her. And again, as if he were really there, Margie could feel his presence, and could hear his voice saying “You are my magic, Margie. So if you stop believing in it, you stop believing in yourself.”

See more stories by Sally
Great!

Great!

Posted by Brooke on Sun, 05/21/2017 - 14:07
Great job! I would've never

Great job! smileyI would've never thought of anything like this.

Posted by Brooke on Sun, 05/21/2017 - 14:15
thanks brooke!

thanks brooke!

Posted by F@de578 on Mon, 05/22/2017 - 07:03
.............................

................................................................. just .......................................................

that's all my reaction. just............................................

_____________________________________________________________

<(QuartzMaster A.K.A. Osaid)> Read my books!!!! :D

Posted by $iLiC0nDi0XidEm@$Te7 on Mon, 05/22/2017 - 09:17
is there something wrong?

is there something wrong?

Posted by F@de578 on Mon, 05/22/2017 - 17:57
No, it's just the friend...

No, it's just the friend... Not what I was expecting.

Posted by $iLiC0nDi0XidEm@$Te7 on Mon, 05/22/2017 - 20:12