/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Maybe...? || also- hey guys! | KidPub Press //
Maybe...? || also- hey guys!

Maybe...? || also- hey guys!

Posted January 10th, 2018 by melanberry

by Lila Violet;)
in Wonderland

January 10th, 2018

Hey, idk if you guys remember me. I'm Lila Violet, and I'm not really that active on kp anymore. In case you're wondering, I'm a girl. I probably won't post anything for a while in case you were looking forward to me returning if you do know me (yeah, sorry). Anyways, I wrote this, wondering which situation is more likely, so please comment which scenario you think is more likely to happen. Enjoy!

________________________________

Scenario 1

She was wishing for and dreading the possibility that she could see him today, yet there he was. Even after two years, he was still as hot as ever- not that she'd really expect him to look worse. She suddenly got really self-conscious- how trash did she look? What if he hated what's she wore? Why did she have to be so fat? Oh, why today?

She pretended not to see him until it was impossible not to because he called to her, "Hi, -------!"

Her heart somersaulted. Her annoying schoolgirl crush on him still hadn't gone away after two years. All she could do was wave. To her surprise, he stayed with her, away from his crowd. He tried to strike up a conversation, but she could barely pay attention; she'd been longing to see his face in person for so long, and this was her opportunity to take a good long look before saying goodbye for possibly forever. She mustered all the courage she could before taking advantage of the silence to change the subject, whatever it had been. "You know, I had this weird crush on you back in seventh grade. Well, you were in eighth grade, but-"

"I know," he replied in such a neutral tone, she couldn't tell what he felt about the subject. He wasn't totally smiling, but maybe it could just be because this change in subject surprised him?

"You do?" she couldn't believe that he'd known all this time.

"Yeah, I had a feeling. A few of my friends had that feeling."

She felt a rosy red creep up her cheeks. She stared at her shoes to avoid his gaze. 

"It's fine," he added a little hastily. "I thought you were kinda cute back then."

"What about now?" She regretted asking that question as soon as it forcefully flew out of her mouth.

His smile startled her. She was even more surprised by his laugh. Oh, how she'd missed that laugh, and now its owner was only within two feet away from her...

"You know, I had this really weird dream," he said. "We were all at a carnival of some sorts. I was on a swing, and once I saw you, I just blurted out, 'I love you!'" He bit his lip. She hoped he wasn't as sorry for sharing that as he looked.

Her heart tumbled. Maybe her heart could be in the Olympics. "You know what's really weird? I also had that dream." She remembered; he'd left the swing and went up a random escalator. She followed him and put her hand on her forehead. She asked if he was okay, but then he got really mad, and then- 

She just realized she'd listed the following events of the dream aloud. The twinkle in his eye compelled her to keep going, though. She concluded with, "And then, I lost you." She couldn't tell who was blushing harder: her or him. The silence was only between them- everyone else was talking to each other. Finally, he said, "Well, I'll see you around." He waved, and he was off. 

"Bye," she croaked, her wave just as hopeless as her smile. Then, she sighed. She was the only one to say goodbye because she knew there was almost no chance that she'd ever see that hot smile ever again. 

Scenario 2

She was wishing for and dreading the possibility that she could see him today, and yet, there he was. Even after two years, he was still as hot as ever- not that she'd really expect him to look even worse. She suddenly got really self-conscious- how trash did she look? What if he hated what she wore? Why did she have to be so fat? Oh, why today?

She pretended not to see him until it was impossible not to because  he called to her, "Hi, -------!" 

Her heart somersaulted. Her annoying schoolgirl crush on him still hadn't gone away after two years. All she could do was wave. To her surprise, he stayed with her, away from his crowd. He tried to strike up a conversation, but she could barely pay attention; she'd been longing to see his face in person for so long, and this is her opportunity to take a good long look before saying goodbye for possibly forever. She mustered all the courage she could before taking advantage of the silence to change the subject, whatever it had been. "You know, I had this weird crush on you back in seventh grade. Well, you were in eighth grade, but-"

"You do?" She couldn't believe that he'd known all this time. 

"You know ***** ****, right?" he finally asked after so many seconds full of silence.

Her eyes widened, but she had to try to make it look a little natural. Her face was probably bright red. She and ***** were in kind of a mutual, unspoken rivalry; ***** didn't like her, and she didn't like *****. "Uh, yeah, why?"

"Just wondering because she seems to know everyone," he explained so calmly in this weird tone she couldn't decipher.

"Hmm," she muttered, addressing her shoes.

"She's really nice, you know," he randomly mentioned.

She snorts. He raised an eyebrow. A rosy blush crept up her cheeks. "Uh, yeah, of course," she rushed. "She's really cool."

He smiled- genuinely smiled. "Yeah, I know this sounds really weird, but do you think she might like me?"

She just stared as blankly as she could. Her heart rushed like mad, but a little sliver of hope still shone like a rainbow in a thunderstorm. "Like, as a friend, or...?"

He shrugged. "Or more...?" he suggested.

Her heart panged with so many emotions, some that she didn't fully understand yet. Knowing that he deserved it, she told him her honest opinion. "I think she might."

He beamed like a kid in a candy store. "Thanks! I'm sorry if that was really awkward of me to say. I knew you were over me, so I knew you'd give me your opinion." Ugh, that was what it sounded like, wasn't it? She'd intended for it to sound like that so that she wouldn't sound like a psychotic little girl, but it'd obviously carried over the wrong way. He sighed. "Truth is, I wanna ask her to homecoming next year."

With that, her heart crashed. He had her all wrong, but what did it matter if her feelings for him weren't replicated? "Go for it," she heard herself advise.

He flashed her a smile that made the broken pieces of her heart melt. "Thanks so much, -------. You're the best!"

She smiled even if she could feel tears forming in her eyes. "No problem," she chirped.

The silence was only between them- everyone else was talking to each other. Finally, he said, "Well, I'll see you around." He waved, and he was off.

"Bye," she croaked, her wave just as hopeless as her teary-eyed smile. Then, she sighed. She was the only one to say goodbye because she knew there was almost no chance that she'd ever see that hot smile ever again.

See more stories by Lila Violet;)