/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ MWC Announcement!: Congrats to.,, | KidPub Press //
MWC Announcement!: Congrats to.,,

MWC Announcement!: Congrats to.,,

Posted September 9th, 2017 by alemye10

by Smile:D*Alem*
in a place where she rules

September 9th, 2017

Hi! I'm so sorry it took so long. With school starting and stuff like that, I've been so busy. I'm guessing the rest of MWC has too. One of our judges didn't have time to update her entry so I added a six to two entries that only had two scores instead of three. Yes, I know that is not entirely fair but I had no choice.

Anyways! Congratulations to...

LUNA!

Luna earned first place in the contest. Therefor she gets a free interview from Justinterviews and if she gives me a link to one of her stories, I'll put it in anything I post for the next month(and I do plan to post!).

Our first runner up is RE! Congrats Re! Second is SNOW! Let's give a virtual round of applause for these aspiring writers!!!! Woohoo!

The next contest may not be in a while because KidPub is so slow now, there isn't a high chance of people entering and help from judges which I need.

Thanks!! Feedback in comments please. Please do NOT feel offended if you were not one of the people above. Everybody was... AMAZINGGGGGGG!!

Goodbye! :)

See more stories by Smile:D*Alem*
Great job you

Great job you guys!!

Do you know what Angelica said, when she read what you'd done? She said: "You've married and Icarus. He's flown to close to the sun."

Posted by Rambouten101 on Sat, 09/09/2017 - 21:34
oooo knew it

oooo knew it :D

Congrats!

They can survive, just not as two. Read A Soul's Petal! https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/souls-petal-prologue-3288161...

Posted by Sumayyah. on Sun, 09/10/2017 - 10:17
I don't think that's fair ,

I don't think that's fair , wouldn't it be better to just average two scores instead of three?

Well, congrats everyone~~

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by King Explosion ... on Sun, 09/10/2017 - 10:29
**To Ena and Luna ;p If I

**To Ena and Luna ;p

If I understand correctly, that person would definitely have a lower score and have no chance of winning. Six was the about average score that most people got so I added that on. I didn't want Ena and Rambouten101 to have a reason to lose that wasn't their fault.

I say this all respectfully. :) Thanks for everything!
__________
“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.”
- Beatrix Potter

Posted by Allegro*Alem* on Mon, 09/11/2017 - 07:03
But see, the people you

But see, the people you added the six to, DID have no chance of winning because of that

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by King Explosion ... on Mon, 09/11/2017 - 09:41
Ok so if I understand the

Ok so if I understand the reasoning behind both sides correctly?? I believe that Alem added a six in order to post the results in a timely manner because it had taken a while already and because six was the average score?? And Ena is annoyed is because by adding a six to both of the contestants' scores Alem accidentally took away their chances of winning??

I don't think Alem intentionally took away the two people's chances of winning but I do agree that just adding a six wasn't the best fix. However I'm not sure how to solve the issue? maybe someone has an idea for a compromise?

Please read: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/colors-chapter-one-2047144754

Posted by palaces out of ... on Mon, 09/11/2017 - 18:02
Eh, maybe a mistake was made

Eh, maybe a mistake was made or whatever but the results are already out for this one so shrug.

This wasn't the best solution and don't try to rationalize that it was, but rather than changing anything about now just take it as feedback for next time

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by King Explosion ... on Mon, 09/11/2017 - 18:29
Oh, also, feedback: I think

Oh, also, feedback: I think it would be cool to see the reasoning behind the scores :) instead of just numbers

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by King Explosion ... on Sun, 09/10/2017 - 11:38
Oh my gosh thank you so

Oh my gosh thank you so much!!! <3 Congrats to Re and Snow you guys are awesome!! Btw everyone did such a good job on this contest and I want you guys to know that you're all so amazing (this is why I am not a judge it'd be too hard I love them all XD)!!

(Ps I also agree with Ena on the averaging two scores instead of three instead of just adding a six...)

Posted by palaces out of ... on Sun, 09/10/2017 - 12:55
That's awesome! And so for

That's awesome! And so for Luna:

Luna, please do me a favor and submit an entry for whatever you want an interview for over on the WB. You can easily find the Interviews thread under 'Kidpub News.'

I will be able to find your thing easier there. Thanks and congrats! :D

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Mon, 09/11/2017 - 14:57
Ok thank you!! I can't do

Ok thank you!! I can't do that currently but will in the next couple of days! :)

Posted by palaces out of ... on Mon, 09/11/2017 - 17:56
Well done everyone "Love

Well done everyone

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." - Shakespeare

Posted by Vivace on Tue, 09/12/2017 - 22:46