/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ My Official Goodbye | KidPub Press //
My Official Goodbye

My Official Goodbye

Posted August 6th, 2010 by Danish621

by Dana
in vincible.

August 6th, 2010

Dear KidPubbians,

Imagine that KidPub is an island. And, frankly, it's a pretty darn awesome island. All of the greatest budding writers in the world uniting on the coolest island in the world, to have fun, critique and collaborate. We started out as a close-knit family, with a bunch of inside jokes and great potential. And every two years or so, a new flock of writers, called newbies for their lack of experience, arrive. That just makes our great family bigger and better, right?

Well, right, to some extent. It does make our family bigger, and the more the merrier. But with a big family, comes family feuds. We all started arguing. That's okay, we survived. We stayed together. More and more blows hit us, some memberships expired. We lost family members. The original family dwindled down to just a few, and those that are still here have stopped posting, only going on for a few scarce minutes. The most recent posts from the original family are farewell posts.

When I first arrived on this vast island, I thought I'd be here forever. I saw my friends leave this site, and I thought, What? Why would you do that? I thought I'd stay here, be a part of the newbies' families.

But what I learned is that you can't make a new family. When your family goes...you go with them. Calla, Lauren, Redhead, they all did this months ago. It's my time to leave.

Believe me, I'm not leaving because I don't like you people. I love all of you fellow writers. You're wonderful, determined, talented, creative. You rock. It's your turn to party with your family. And it's my turn to hop onto the ferry and take off, into this vast new world that doesn't involve the internet. I'll miss you guys--a few shout-outs, special goodbyes, before I go, though:

Mackie Poo/Mac: Hello there my evil genius with manners that capitalizes her I's and has trouble distinguishing snow and mud. (See? I remembered:D) One day we'll go to Narnia on my wafflicious banana, Fred. And we'll love him until he goes all gross and moldy and then we'll split him up and eat him. But for now, I'll be off. Don't think I'm ditching you...I'm doing what my stretchy-soul tells me to. We have to keep in touch. Or else. The world will die.

Lucky: You're so nice!(: Thanks fro remembering me:D I wish I could've gotten to know you better until now. Have a great life! I hope you get published, you're such a great writer.:3

Lauren/Calla: I don't find it appropriate to have separate shout-outs for you two. I doubt if you'll ever get to read this, but just wanted to say, you inspire me. Yea, the both of you:P And you guys are insanely fun to talk to. And I don't know why I'm shouting out to you when you're friends with me on facebook, but I found it appropriate. xD

Kazel: Yea, there's a huge doubt that you'll read this. But you inspired me to get a tablet, start drawing on PhotoShop, and write fantasy. You rock. I definitely will have a stagalicious day(: You were one of my first commenters, and one of my first friends. I miss KMing with you! Our adventures were great, even though I was a crap adventurer:D

ErinMarie/Erm: Sorry I forgot you on the first time I wrote this): I'm going to miss you! I spammed with you too:D Thanks for all of the comments and the convos on the WB! I miss those already. Take care(:

There's a whole bunch of you I'd like to personally message, but I'm pressed for time and this post'll be too long. I doubt you're reading this whole thing. Anyways, I'm not gone forever, if you don't want me to be. There's email, facebook MSN, AIM, messenger, Skype (which I LOVE). We can keep in touch. If you wanna just talk and chill, send me an email on my contact form. Besides, I'll be on from time-to-time, spamming the notes page with Mackie Poo or something. But as for posting--I think this is my last post. I'll still be writing, though--I'll never stop writing. By the way, if you ever want me to critique your works, just email me. Yup(:

So I guess this is it. I'll miss you all. I'll be back...sometime...(: Don't forget me! And if you do...I'll drop by and remind you >:D

Goodbye. It's been a great two-and-a-half years.

Yours Truly,

Dana/Gingy/Gingster/Jaimy/Seagull/Waffles/Noodles/Gingerbread/everything else you've called me.

See more stories by Dana
*Sniffle.  Sniffle.* You

*Sniffle.  Sniffle.*

You were the first comment I ever got on KP.  And one of the first writers I read that made me think, "Yikes.  I better learn super fast if I want to keep up with these guys."  I'm not so sure you know me, but I really enjoy your stories, and I'll miss you.  Best of luck in all of your writing endeavors,

-Word Bandit

*~Word Bandit~* (: This is my signature. Don't you love it? :)

Posted by Word Bandit on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 01:00
I remember me as a newbie. I

I remember me as a newbie. I barely even knew you, but I saw your name... I hope that time doesn't come for me. Goodbye...

"In Amity, you say 'yahd'. " -Ellen Brody "They're in the 'yahd', not too 'fah' from the 'cah'. How's that?" -Brody "Like you're from New York." -Ellen Brody

Posted by Lily09 on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 01:05
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cries* Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo GINGY I LOVED YOUR STORIES!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :(Thanks for all the support you have given me all through the years...I mean, months....

You've been a really good friend and a really talented writer. Surely you are one of the KidPub Prodigies. Thanks for the friendship always. :D

We'll--I'LL--never forget you. We are MISSING you totally already. :( *sniffle* bye....buddy! *bawls*

Posted by Lucky on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 01:06
Aww... I'm sorry, but 

Aww... I'm sorry, but  Idon't think I've seen you around here on KidPub... but you almost made me cry at the first paragraph!! I forgot that there was a whole other generation of writers that came first!

P.S., how old can you be when you're kicked off kidpub? 16? 17? When are you considered an adult?

A wise person once said, "What if everyone else in the world is weird and I'm the normal one?............ Nah, not likely." That wise person was none other than MEEEEE!!!! 8D

Posted by Shelby on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 01:27
Yo. This is Gingy...logged

Yo. This is Gingy...logged into my buddie's account. Sorry if this confuses you...I'm pretty confused too.:P

Word Bandit: (: I'm sorry I didn't get to mention you personally. I remember you though! And no problemo about the comment. That's what KP's for!

Lily: I remember your name too! I remember reading some of your posts, and you're really fantasticallistic. Keep it up, kiddo(:

Lucky: Thanks a bungalow:D I feel touched. I miss you all too already. Keep in touch?(:

Shelby: It's aight. I remember seeing your name around, but I think you joined when I was taking a long break from KP. And also, I don't think they kick you off of KP, but my opinion is that maybe by the time you're 20, you might think it's too juvenile or something. I dunno, but by the time we're 20 we'll be published authors anyways:P

Be careful of what you may be wishing for, for your future is unpredictable. ~ Me.

Posted by *SpLiNtEr* on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 03:15
To G!ngy, Okay, I gotta say

To G!ngy,

Okay, I gotta say I feel so terrible reading this. I feel like crying! I'm one of the newbies that joined just a while ago and I fel so bad now! I never realized that we were pushing you out of our family like that! If you just stay here a while I'll introduce you to my friends here and everything'll be okay again! Then again, maybe ya just wanna stick with your old buddies. Yeah, I suppose I was being kinda silly there! But I feel really terrible! I'm sorry we never really got to know each other and be friends and talk all random and funny on author's notes... I really do hope to see you back on KidPub now and then and we can talk! I promise I'll go and read some of your stories! I'm sure I'll see your books on the bestsellers list soon enough! Keep on writing and reading and being the amazing you!

From Jack D

P.S. PLEASE DON'T GO!! I'M *GASP FOR AIR FROM CRYING* JUST *GASP* SO *GASP* SAD!! Okay, goodbye G!ingy! We'll ruly miss you!! Goodbye...

Posted by Jack D on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 05:17
That was beautiful Gingy.

That was beautiful Gingy. I'm actually crying reading this. Although we never talked, I can tell from this one piece of writing how good of a writer you are. I'LL MISS YOU SOOOOO MUCH! I'M ACTUALLY CRYING!

You're not the ones writing the story. I am - K.R.Galvin

Posted by Kyle on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 06:11
I have Skype!  Anyway

I have Skype!  Anyway *sniff sniff*  bye...

Yes, it's me. No flash photography, please. - Alex Tedford

Click here for a list of all my stories! http://www.kidpub.com/viewTracker/834

Posted by Alex (A. Tedford) on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 06:53
Awwww! Bye Gingy! I'm gonna

Awwww! Bye Gingy! I'm gonna miss you!

Posted by Clarissa on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 07:40
I don't really know you that

I don't really know you that much but pleaseee dont leavee!! The was a nice ending and im about to cry!

What can I get you? A coke. Is pepsi okay? If I can pay in monopoly money. No sorry. Bye! Have a nice day! DONT TELL ME WHAT TO DO~ I don't know

Posted by Kristen on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 07:52
That was so sad. :'( Awww,

That was so sad. :'( Awww, G!ngy! :(((((

Put this in your sig if you are against fights on KP: WRITE, NOT FIGHT!

Uh, we had a slight sourcing malfunction, but…uh, everything's perfectly fine now. We're fine. We're all fine here now. How are you?-- Han Solo, Star Wars, A New Hope

Posted by Leia on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 08:47
*sniffle* I am gunna miss

*sniffle* I am gunna miss you and your writing :'( Keep in contact... but I dont think I saw any of your contacts up there... :( This was beautiful. I HOPE YOU COME BACK!!!

Kay - Check out everything that I have written here on KidPub, I always love new comments and reads : http://www.kidpub.com/viewTracker/780

Posted by Kay on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 08:55
^_^ IT's everyone's time

^_^ IT's everyone's time sooner or later...I never really talked to you but I still wish you well in your *hopefully* succesful writing career.

The pen is mightier than the sword, but a well aimed typewriter packs a pretty good punch too.~Unkown

What's an, "Edward Cullen"? OH! IS IT A MAGICAL RAINBOW PONY?! OHH OH! CAN I HAVE ONE?!! ~my friend

Posted by Ninja Cat on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 12:16
Sionara, fellow KPer. May

Sionara, fellow KPer. May your memory live on in our writin'-lovin' hearts. Geesh, I just made it sound like you died...O.o

Hope ya rememba meh as the insane Queen of Randomness...  

<~*Savanna/GermanNinjaToast*~>

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies."~Starscream

"In how many comics do you get to see Mark Twain fighting a giant robotic cat? Not enough, I say."~Transformers: Hearts of Steel Comics

Posted by Stellarer Schrei on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 12:44
I SO LIKE

I SO LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It Rocks!

Posted by Kenzie on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 14:17
0.o What do you mean by you

0.o What do you mean by you like it?!

<~*Savanna/GermanNinjaToast*~>

Posted by Stellarer Schrei on Fri, 08/06/2010 - 15:31
Dearest Gingy Poo, Firstly,

Dearest Gingy Poo,

Firstly, I'm hoping you see this, because I just got back from camp (I didn't die, FYI. :))

I know exactly how you feel. To be honest, most of the time I spend on Kidpub now is looking back at /old/ posts and reminiscing. I miss my KP family... Lozza, Calla, Redhead, Lezak, Jessi, Malika, Claudia, Ben, Lish, Nicole... *dies*

Also, since I don't want the world to die, we'll definitely keep in touch. And you'll have to send me some of your stories, okay? Fabulous.

Yours in Waffliciousness,

Mackie Poo

Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, "Would an idiot do that?" And if they would, I do not do that thing.~ Dwight Schrute

Posted by Mac on Sat, 08/07/2010 - 22:27
This is Gingyyyy Okay, so if

This is Gingyyyy

Okay, so if you want to find my contact thingies, you go to my about me and then click the Contact tab, for that one person who asked about my contact stuff. Then since I know you're a real person and not some android (don't get me wrong, I have nothing against androids, but they don't spark the best conversations), I'll email you and whatnot.

Shokay, my Skype's whatdanasaid, my facebook's Dana DelaCruz (my picture's the one with the pirate hehe) and other stuff is other stuff I'll email you about if provoked.:D

Posted by *SpLiNtEr* on Sun, 08/08/2010 - 16:25
Goodebye G!ngy... *cries

Goodebye G!ngy... *cries hysterically*

When life gives you lemons make grapejuice and then step back and let people wonder how you did it!

Posted by Jack D on Mon, 08/09/2010 - 03:21
You shall be missed by me,

You shall be missed by me, even though this is late! I joined about five weeks ago, and I didn’t really see you on KidPub when I was a guest, but I will still miss you!

“When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when the tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.” George Bernard Shaw

Posted by L. S. Tredom on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 21:36
First off, I want to say

First off, I want to say that no one else will probably ever see this. I will probably be the last person to comment, even though it is too late.

G!ngy,

I have never really known you. I joined on Sep. 30th, when you were long gone. But, I was a guest when this was put up on the front page. I felt sad, because this post is so true. Everyone's time comes eventually.

You wrote this so beautifully. And I understand what you mean by you can't make a new family. You just can't.

Those people were your generation. L.S. Tredom, Dragonwriter, Neveah, Amy, Kay-this is now my family.

Goodbye G!ngy. Everyone will miss you. Enjoy life.

Goodbye,

Rachel

Don't follow your dreams; chase them.~Richard Dumb

Posted by Rachel on Fri, 11/19/2010 - 23:59
OH MY GOD!!!! G!NGY!!!! I

OH MY GOD!!!! G!NGY!!!! I never saw this at all!!! Omg, I can't believe you're gone...I really loved everything you've written, and I'm happy that you found my stories to be good, too. I'll miss you G!ngy.

I remember when I became a newbie back in December of 2008, I think I saw your names a few times, then after a while, I saw you a lot.

But, now, you're gone. I'm in shock, even though this is months old. Even though this is extremely late, I'd like to say goodbye G!ngy, you're a great person and I wish you luck in life! =-)

And I, too miss the KP family. I remember how tightly knit everyone was. Now we've all gone our seperate ways. Everyone's doing their own thing, and I miss absolutely everyone who's left.

"How do I know you're not from CONTROL?" "If I were from CONTROL, you'd already be dead." "If you were from CONTROL, YOU'D already be dead." "None of us is dead, so I'm obviously not from CONTROL." (Long pause) "That actually makes sense."--Get Smart

Posted by nikki11 on Wed, 12/01/2010 - 19:58
oh gosh. That almost made me

oh gosh.

That almost made me cry.

When I was a newbie, I read all your stories and they were...utterly amazing. I never really socialized with anybody though (I'm a bit shy sometimes :p) and I really regret not getting to know you now!

IM SO GONNA MISS YOU :( even if you don't know me. blehh.

"books - the world in a nutshell." ~ me. "Thou arts epic." ~ Chiaki. :D Visit moi at my art blog - inmypalette.blogspot.com Follow me on my blog!! :D

Posted by Lizzie on Thu, 12/02/2010 - 10:32