//
OC Contest #1

OC Contest #1

Posted March 13th, 2017 by Zelda

by CarpeOctemRe
in a perpetual predicament

March 13th, 2017

This is an Character Contest, aka, an OC contest! I've never done one of these quite like this before, so we'll see how it goes. I have the feeling that I'm biting off more than I should at the moment, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it. The idea is simple; you must create a character that applies in some way to the topic. The goal is to create the least cliche, and/or most interesting character.

I will be giving your OC an overall grade. This grade will be based on three things; Cliche, Originality, and Interest. Cliche and originality are obviously opposites, the higher you score on one the lower you will score on the other. Interest, however, is independent of the first two, so it is entirely possibly to have the most cliche and the most interesting character at the same time. Throughout your form I will leave comments on anything I see that can be improved, and at the end I will leave a general comment, after the grade, on what I thought of your OC. These comments will only be constructive, as the end goal of the contest is to help any enterers improve in the art of constructing OC’s.

The person who’s OC achieves the highest overall grade will win, however there are sub-wins for highest scoring in Cliche, Originality, and Interest. It is possible to earn more than one prize, this is especially dependent on how many people actually enter.

The prizes:

Highest Overall: 3 CC and 3 Comments on any piece, or on multiple pieces.

Highest Cliche: 1 CC and 1 Comment on any piece.

Highest Originality: 1 CC and 1 Comment on any piece.

Highest Interest: 1 CC and 1 Comment on any piece.

Rules

1. Fill out the entire form, you are allowed to add extras. Anything marked as optional does not need to be answered, please put an ‘N/A’ after the item if you choose not to answer an optional question.

2. One form submission per person, for simplicity’s sake.

3. Aim to create a brand new OC, or enter one that you have never/rarely use(d).

4. If you want, you can enter an OC that you use frequently, or are currently using, simply for a grade. For instance, if you were concerned that one of your characters might be erring on the cliche side, you could enter them to check. If you decide to go this route, please let me know at the top of the form.

5. If you see a comment of mine on your form, or on another person’s form, that you think is questionable, let me know. I will try to be as unbiased as possible while grading these forms, but I am not perfect.

Form

Fandom:

Name: <OC's full name >

Age: 

Gender: 

Sexuality*: 

Appearance: <Includes eye color, hair color and style, skin color, ect.>

Personality: 

Backstory: 

Powers*: 

Weaknesses: < What would be, or could lead to, the character's downfall? >

Friends*:

Enemies*:

Other: <Any illnesses or conditions, habits, personal tics, random information>

*Optional

See more stories by CarpeOctemRe
I forgot to mention: This

I forgot to mention: This contest's topic is Fandom. You have until the end of the month (or April 1st) to fill out  your form. 

i am not here to comply with your opinions, your beliefs on how the world should function. i'm here to challenge them. - MRK

Posted by Nephthys Re on Mon, 03/13/2017 - 14:09
Fandom: Steven Universe

Fandom: Steven Universe Fandom

Name: Smithsonite

Age: 7789 **yeah.....**

Gender: Female

Sexuality*: None

Appearance: My drawing is terrible so I just used some gemsona maker game thingy to do this::

Screenshot 2017-03-13 at 5.20.04 PM.png

Personality: kind, happy, sometimes pretty serious, 

Backstory: She used to be a Homeworld gem, but she found that Yellow Diamond would lie to her about the things they would do to the Crystal Gems, since Smithsonite was very kind. She became a Crystal Gem and fought against the Homeworld Gems in the Rebellion. After being stabbed in the back by Pearl during the Rebellion, she comes to Earth with an escape pod thousands of years later and meets the new crystal gems and her story goes on.

Powers*: She can control weather, and has a weapon, a royal blue **or indigo idk** flail.

Weaknesses: Homeworld Gems

Friends*: Pearl, Garnet, Peridot, Amethyst, Steven, others.

Enemies*: The Homeworld Gems

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!" ~ John Lennon

Posted by Syafai on Mon, 03/13/2017 - 16:31
Okok so like,,, a fandom OC?

Okok so like,,, a fandom OC?

1) gah I have so many 2) they all suck 3) dont got the motivation to create a completelt new character 4) lmaooooo making OCs for every fandom u get into is embarrassing and childish but I do it anyway xD 5) every character I have has like 50 versions of themselves bc I always put them in a bunch h of different aus

But I doooo totally want to do this....

{i want to prove that we aren't smoldering in this small world.}

Posted by Unknown on Mon, 03/13/2017 - 16:50