/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ One Single Song (chapter 10, rewrite) (not the last chapter despite 10-year-old-me saying so in the original book) | KidPub Press //
One Single Song (chapter 10, rewrite) (not the last chapter despite 10-year-old-me saying so in the original book)

Posted February 16th, 2022 by ElizieAngelina

February 16th, 2022

"H-hey," Alice stuttered. A cheery man- just as cheery as Mr. Nile- clutched a microphone in his hand. "So, Alice, you're performing...with...-" the man looked on Steven and Lily "-them?" Steven stepped up, grabbed the microphone from the man, and a blur happened through the theater. Alice plugged her ears, and Lily plugged hers. Alice snuck a peek at Lily, and almost said, "Another comparison."

"Sorry," he said. "Anyways, I abandoned my number to go sing with Lily and Alice. I know, it might be disappointing to some of you, but honestly, I feel like this is the best choice for me. For us." Little cheers then erupted from the crowd. "Woah, woah," Steven giggled. "We're not doing our song yet. Now, I'll let this young lad go on with his words. Please take the microphone, sir."

The man seized the microphone, and said, "Very good speech from Steven. Now, you three, ready to show your talent? Sadly, only one of you will get the Disney card. Not all three of you can share it." Alice looked down sadly, thinking that she should give the chance up and sing terribly on purpose so she couldn't win. Wait-no. She's fighting for this song.

Alice shakily grabbed the microphone, standing between the two. She slowly sang, 

"Do you ever feel...

like a plastic bag...

drifting through the wind...

wanting to start again...?

Do you ever feel...

feel so paper thin...

like a house of cards...

one blow from caving in...?"

Steven grabbed the microphone, facing the awed audience of Serenity cruisers.

"Do you ever feel...

already buried deep?

Six feet under screams...

but no one seems to hear a thing?"

Steven began to sing more confidently.

"Do you know that there's...

still a chance for you...

Cause there's a spark in you..."

Lily then grabbed the microphone, and, facing the Serenity cruisers, now amazed, finally sang properly.

"You just gotta igniiite...

The liiight...

And leeeet...

It shine?

Just ooown the night...

Like the fooourth of July!"

All of them began to sing.

"Cause, Baby, you're a fiiirewooork!"

"Come on, let your cooolors burst!"

"Make 'em go, "Ah, ah, ah!" 

"You're gonna leave 'em all in awe, awe, awe!"

~~~

When they were done, cheers and claps erupted from the audience. Flowers and roses actually scattered all over the place. Alice felt like crying. When the cheering and clapping died down, Alice said, "Thank you guys so much for coming to our performance! Thank you, and good night!" They all bowed. The man said, "Good job, ASL! One of you will be going to the Disney park of your choice!"

The cheers and claps started up again.

"Good job, ASL!"

"You did good!"

"You all were amazing for 12-year-olds!"

"YEAAAAAHH!"  (okay, that one was from Marie.)

When they got back to Alice's room, they all shared a group hug. They couldn't believe they actually made it to the state, to the richest ship in the world, and now to the amazing Disney.

"I'm so proud to have you as a friend!" that from Marie.

"I'm excited to have you as a new friend!" that from Lily.

"You're so awesome...and pretty," that from Steven.

Alice sniffled, and said, "Thanks. Honestly, I don't want the Disney trip. You guys cans have it." The three of them said, "What? No, you take it! You deserve it." The three of them protested for her to go on the vacation. Alice sniffled, giggled, and finally said, "All right. I'll go on the trip. Mom, you up for one more vacation?" Alice's mom replied, "Are you kidding? Heck yeah!"

Wow get it Steven show your

Wow get it Steven show your true feelings for her 

"Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude" - Michelle Obama

~~Polly~~

Posted by Polly on Thu, 02/17/2022 - 17:33
Actually I'm kinda shipping

Actually I'm kinda shipping Alice and Lily at this point-

-Dust

Posted by Dust on Fri, 02/18/2022 - 13:49
Yeah I can see that

Yeah I can see that too!!

~~Polly~~

Posted by Polly on Fri, 02/18/2022 - 21:24