/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ One Single Song (chapter 2) | KidPub Press //
One Single Song (chapter 2)

One Single Song (chapter 2)

Posted September 7th, 2020 by ElizieAngelina

September 7th, 2020

The next day, Alice learned that her mother had already paid for the open call. Before Alice's first class, she met up with Marie, one of

her childhood friends. "So, you joined up for the open call?" Marie asked.

"Yeah," Alice said. "But I wasn't ready."

"You're a beautiful singer. You can do this!" Marie protested. At the same time, a girl with long hair and sparkly clothes had managed to 

catch a glimpse of the two friends talking together, and glared. Alice almost saw the girl's glare as she swiftly looked past Marie. "What's

wrong with her?" Alice wondered. Then, the bell for the first class, Reading, chimed out as the girls grabbed their backpacks and walked over

to the classroom. But this was also no ordinary day. This was the day that a new student would come in. "Class, we have a new student 

today," Ms. Calico introduced. Slowly, the student said that his name was Steven and walked to his seat. Quickly, Alice fell in love with him.

"He is so cute..." she thought. Once school was over, it was time for the open call. Alice made her way slowly to her assigned seat. And the

same 30-year old stepped on the stage. Slowly he called the students up to the stage to sing. Then Alice was called. "So," Mr. Nile said.

"You can sing?" Alice, knees shaking, replied "Yes I can." She gripped the microphone, trembling, then began to let the melody pour out.

Everyone seemed so shocked, amazed at how Alice could sing so beautifully in the heat of the moment. Once she stopped singing, she

closed her eyes and waited for Mr. Nile to assign her back to her seat. "Next step, you will be singing in your classrooms, then performing

at the state, and anyone who passes the state will get Serenity. Alice felt too scared, but she remembered. "Remember, this is for you, your

mother paid for this." Later, at 6 pm, the same girl from earlier grabbed Alice and said "You may have sung better than me, but I will perform

amazingly in the classroom. Anyway, my name's Lily." And she let Alice go. And thus, the rivalry of Alice and Lily was born.