/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ One Single Song (chapter 8) | KidPub Press //
One Single Song (chapter 8)

One Single Song (chapter 8)

Posted September 7th, 2020 by ElizieAngelina

September 7th, 2020

Friday had to be the most interesting day of all. While Alice was relaxing on her bed, her mother said "Get dressed. We're supposed to have

a fancy dinner tonight." Alice found her fancy dress, right next to her concert dress. Alice, after sighing at the concert dress, put on the fancy

dress and and strolled to the buffet room. From across the table...could it be...Marie? Alice got up and looked a bit closer...and it was Marie!

"Oh my gosh! How did you get on the ship?" I yelled. "I did board, but you didn't see me," Marie sulked. 

"I'm sorry..."

"No, it's fine!" Marie protested. "There were just so many people, you couldn't see me."

"Why didn't you show up at the teen room?"

"My mom didn't sign me up for it," Marie said. 

At the same time, the head of the buffet announced "Because tonight is a special night...please welcome Mr. Ricardo Nile!"

"MR. NILE?!" the two girls yelled. "Why is the drama teacher here NOW?!" As he walked up to the girls, he said "Good job, Alice. You've

earned it." Then he stepped up to the microphone and began singing. Alice had not seen Mr. Nile sing before, and now he still felt like a 

stranger. His singing reminded Alice of Steven. Alice couldn't imitate the partner anymore. Steven HAD to be with Alice. But she couldn't

just ask him. She'd have to earn his trust, and the time was nigh. She walked slowly to Steven, and said, "May I have this dance?" Without a

moment to think about what she'd said, he said "Of course...you're beautiful!" Alice almost burst into tears as they began to slow dance the

night away, he'd accepted her. Everyone else began to slow dance, as the beautiful music of Mr. Nile. When the dinner ended, slowly, she

winked at Mr, Nile, and without Alice looking, he winked back at her and said "Good luck..." and then under his breath, "Alice and Steven."