/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Poison of Life~ Dedicated to RainyOblivion | KidPub Press //
The Poison of Life~ Dedicated to RainyOblivion

Posted February 17th, 2013 by JoMarch

JoMarch's picture
by ellie
in the flames of the sky

February 18th, 2013

AN: This is dedicated to RainyOblivion for writing such amazing poetry. Her poem "Like Poison" was a partial inspiration for this poem. Well Rainy, I hope this is an adequate dedication poem. ^_^

As always, CC is appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Icy whispers

Brush icy skin

White-hot flames

Burn within

Derelict soul

Desolate heart

Drink the poison of life

Bittersweet elixir

With killer aftertaste

Stirred with sorrows

Brewed with pain

Sprinkled with love

Kindled with hate

A dash of laughter,

Longing,

And care

A pinch of loneliness,

Frustration,

And fear

Drink the poison of life

Both a blessing

And a curse

Structured with afflictions

Hardships

Guilt

Also with euphoria

Affection

Hope

Drink the poison of life

A versatile goblet

Shifts before your eyes

Wide, innocent eyes

Wild, devious eyes

Your reflection is marred

Transformed in the stare of the drink

Is this really for you?

Is it even right?

To let lips touch something so precious

As the poison of life?

Scalding rivers spilt your lips

Sweet rainfall caresses your tongue

Churning oceans rise in tempest

Trembling your whole being

Nervous tremors rock your brain

Shimmer of awe paralyzes thought

Drink the poison of life

Mapped with mountains

Of rugged terrain

Not always easy to climb

But the view is worth it

Often you stumble

Sometimes you fall

Down into cavernous valleys

Where a labyrinth of darkness ensues

Temptation and rage

Nasty monsters are they

Those valley-dwellers

But if you stay a step ahead

Never sit down- never stop

Always keep eyes on the mountain

Then you can reach that peak again

Trepedations are rewarded in the end

Beware- if you let yourself slip

If you don't get back up

Beasts are on your tail

Ready to lure you into shadows

Consume you with rotten choices

That cannibalize from the inside out

So chose your path wisely

For choices are the keys

The keys that unlock doors-

Both hellish and divine

And often an in between-

This is the poison of life

See more stories by ellie
If I was RainyOblivion now,

If I was RainyOblivion now, I would be crying. Literally. This was a beautiful poem, and a wonderful dedication, I am sure you made Rainy proud. :D

Posted by PeachFuzziness ... on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 16:03
Thanks! That means a lot.

Thanks! That means a lot. Glad you liked it!! ^_^

~Want to find out more about me? Here's my bio: http://www.kidpub.com/users/jomarch ~

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 16:22
Yes. Yes, I am. Both crying,

Yes. Yes, I am. Both crying, but not proud because I can't take credit for this wonderfulness. A page long comment is coming.

Posted by Raindrops on Sat, 03/02/2013 - 10:05
I have no words to describe

I have no words to describe the awesomeness of that.

~~Hey you; get off of my cloud~~

Posted by Handwritten Fla... on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 19:00
Thank. You. So. SO. SOOOO.

Thank. You. So. SO. SOOOO. Much. :DDDDDD

~Drink the poison of life http://www.kidpub.com/story/poison-life-dedicated-rainyoblivion-17051350... ~

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 19:13
This is really really good

This is really really good :) I really like it! :)

Posted by Jasmin on Sat, 02/23/2013 - 14:46
Thanks! Glad you liked it

Thanks! Glad you liked it :D

Drink the poison of life.

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Sat, 02/23/2013 - 14:49
Why won't Rainy come and see

Why won't Rainy come and see this AWESOME poem it's dedicated to her anyway. WHY WON'T SHE COME?!

(No offense, Rainy)

Posted by Emily on Tue, 02/26/2013 - 21:35
Haha thanks. :D But Rainy

Haha thanks. :D
But Rainy hasn't actually been on lately. :(

Drink the poison of life.

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Wed, 02/27/2013 - 14:40
I'm going to read it now. I

I'm going to read it now. I appreciate that everyone notices how dumb I am not to have read this. I am not offended. I wasn't allowed on the computer, but I'll write an essay if that's what it takes to make this up to you people. 

Posted by RainyOblivion on Sat, 03/02/2013 - 10:03
     First off, this was

First off, this was so beautiful, and real, and raw. The flow was exceptional, I can't even compare. Gosh, so many zesty words. I love the backstory of this, and this too good of a poem to be dedicated to me. I'm the one that needs to recognise your poetry. It's like liquid beauty that warms you all the way to your toes, and you can just loose yourself. Joey, you are a freakin' beautiful poet. This is inspirational, you are inspirational. This. This is better than anything I've ever read, ever wrote. It has understanding, and the kind of wisdom in it that is hard to comprehend. Your poem fits the definition of inspiring. It's electrifying, blue, red, gold, beautiful.

inspiringadjectiveinspiring essaysinspirationalencouraginghearteninguplifting,stirringrousingstimulatingelectrifyingmovingaffecting,impassionedinfluential.inspireverbthe landscape inspired him to writestimulatemotivateencourage,influencerousemovestirenergizegalvanizeinciteanimatefire,excitesparkinspiritincentivizeaffect.the film inspired a musicalgive rise tolead tobring aboutcause,promptspawnengenderliterary beget.Charles inspired awe in herarouseawakenpromptinduceignite,triggerkindleproducebring outliterary enkindle.

Derelict soul

derelict

adjective

1 a derelict building: dilapidated, ramshackle, run-down, tumbledown, in ruins, falling apart; rickety, creaky, deteriorating, crumbling, disintegrating, decaying; neglected, untended, gone to rack and ruin.

2 a derelict airfield: disused, abandoned, deserted, discarded, rejected, neglected, untended.

3 he was derelict in his duty: negligent, neglectful, remiss, lax, careless, sloppy, slipshod, slack, irresponsible, delinquent.

That word brings so much to this poem, it's double-meaning. It's hopeful but in ruins. Your words are beautiful.

Bittersweet elixir

With killer aftertaste

Stirred with sorrows

Brewed with pain

Wow. Wow. Wow.

A versatile goblet

versatile

adjective

she's our most versatile player: adaptable, flexible, all-around, multifaceted, multitalented, resourceful; adjustable, multipurpose, all-purpose, handy; rare polytropic.

The wording here made me ponder. Versatile goblet. I think that this poem is like the sky. Big, and blue, forever, encompassing. You know it's only a corner of what could be. What is.

Shifts before your eyes

Wide, innocent eyes

Wild, devious eyes

Your reflection is marred

Transformed in the stare of the drink

Is this really for you?

Is it even right?

To let lips touch something so precious

As the poison of life?

This poem makes you think. Question. This part was beautiful. Tearful. It's like all you ever knew is gone with those words.

Scalding rivers spilt your lips

Sweet rainfall caresses your tongue

Great flow. Exquisite.

For choices are the keys

The keys that unlock doors-

Both hellish and divine

And often an in between-

This is the poison of life

Flowing, graceful, elegant. This defines everything beautiful, everything righteous. In short- freaking beautiful.

Mapped with mountains

Of rugged terrain

Not always easy to climb

But the view is worth it

Often you stumble

Sometimes you fall

That is so hopeful. So right. So inspiring. I think you already know I've faved.

Posted by Raindrops on Sat, 03/02/2013 - 10:43
… …… ……… O.O This

……
………
O.O
This may be the best comment I have ever received. Really. I cannot thank you enough.
I am truly touched that you think so highly of me. But you are worthy of this poem. My poetry has grown so much just from my reading of your epic poems and even your comments, sometimes. Thank you.
You understand. I just can't believe you understand. Gahh! I think I might explode again. ^_^
Wow, where did you get all those defenitions? XD Thank you. Your dissection of this piece seemed to beautify it, expose underlying messages that I didn't even know we're there. XD Thank you so so SOOO much.
Oh wow. I am not sure that I am deserving of all these compliments. I thank you even more.
You have my joy and grattitude. I am enthralled at how much you liked this piece. I really am so excited that you are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh great, I'm going to ex- BOOM.

Thank you times infinity. ^_^

Drink the poison of life.

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Sat, 03/02/2013 - 11:06
Oh boy.

Oh boy.

Posted by Raindrops on Sun, 03/03/2013 - 09:50
Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drink the poison of life.

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Sun, 03/03/2013 - 10:43