/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Rating the fifth chapter of Zombie Birthday | KidPub Press //
Rating the fifth chapter of Zombie Birthday

Posted January 23rd, 2023 by ElizieAngelina

by Agent 4

January 26th, 2023

Chapter 5: (Vents)

"What's the matter, Julian?" Dylan says.

Sweating, I try the door again only to find it locked and yell, "The darn door won't open."

Veronica prys wrong spelling my hand off the door and tries it too. She finds it is locked, and with a surprised tone in her voice,

says, "You're right."

"See, I told you," Jack says as he leans against the table at our booth. How is he not worried? And can't you just get out?!

I ignore Jack and keep trying the door. Finally, after so many attempts of trying the door, I give up and just decide to kick

the door and break it. With a tremendous kick, I launch my foot at the door. But it won't break. Instead, it's just like rubber,

and I bounce back, clutching my ankle. How is an invisible wall on the door now?!

Mom rushes to my side, worried and yells "Julian, are you okay?" 

I say in a bit of pain Uhm. A BIT?! You just kicked a door with an invisible barrier!, "Yeah, didn't hurt too much. I'm fine." All of a sudden, when I stand up, I see a limping, lifeless

creature walking towards the door. I slowly approach it, sweating. I see it closer.

It's a zombie! No duh. It's not like it'll be your local crazy dude.

I let out a curse word The way I phrased it makes it seem like he just screamed a profanity whilst singing an opera. before saying, "Guys, that's a darn zombie. Darn zombie count number one. Don't get any closer." Thank you, Julian, the king of obvious. 

Jack says, "Yeah, Julian, you're pretty much done for." Not just Julian. THE ENTIRETY OF AMERICA OR WHATEVER PLACE THEY LIVE IN.

At the same time, the zombie starts running towards the door and chewing on the glass. That probably tastes like death.

Jack points to the reception booth and says, "Guys, hide there! The zombies will never find us." Uhm...never?!

As instructed, we all head to the booth and duck behind the counter.

"We'll just camp out here until the zombies make their way inside," Mom says. No, what you're going to do is CALL THE POLICE, IN CASE THEY HAVEN'T BECOME THOSE ZOMBIES.

5 minutes later, the zombies are fully inside, and we have to find a way to distract them to get past. Veronica finds a

dirty lollipop on the floor, EW and then taps on her chin.

"What you thinking, Veronica?" Dylan says as he joins her side. 

Veronica then turns to us and says, "I've got a plan. We throw this lollipop to where the zombies are, and then

we sneak into the bathroom." Veronica points at the male bathroom.

"Okay, I've got questions," Jack says. "Firstly, would the zombies really take any random lollipop? Yeah, they're zombies. They'll eat anything. And secondly,

you don't belong in the male bathroom." Jack, our sexist king.

Veronica says, "Zombies can't resist the sweetness of a lollipop. Uhm...can they? I mean...Veronica...you might have something going. And secondly, like almost all of you are boys, except

for us." Veronica then points at my mom and then at herself.

"Well...if you say so," Jack says. "Throw!"

Veronica launches the lollipop right where the zombies are. As expected, they start fighting over the treat immediately.

"Nice work, Veronica," I say as we head into the male bathroom. Yeah, Veronica is the magnet of this story, but at the same time, she's a kid. What we don't know is that one of the zombies

heard me closing the door So, the zombies were quickly distracted? to the male bathroom and alerted Uhm....HOW does he do that, exactly? the other zombies to come after us.

"What do we do now?" Mom says as she looks around the bathroom for something to use. 

Dylan points upward to a vent and says, "There, let's go."

Jack shakes his head and says, "Nope. That's just gonna let the zombies know where we are." Yeah. You're going outside, to where the zombies are.

Dylan says, "Come on, don't be stuck-up. I mean, that's part of Jack's character. At least it'll lead us somewhere out of the building."

I stand on my toes above the toilet stall Julian the ballerina!!! and try to jump. But it's not high enough.

I try it again, this time on top of the toilet. Nothing.

"Mom," I say. "Got a boost?" You kids are 10. WHY ARE YOU ASKING YOUR MOM FOR A BOOST?!

Seconds later, we're all in the vents. Mom is still kind of mad that we used her as a boost, So these four kids are climbing on this poor woman's back? Dang... but if it's

a way to escape she's fine with it. Suddenly, I hear a cranking noise.

"Hey, anyone," I say. "Hear that?"

Jack looks behind himself and says a swear word What is it with this entire cast being dirty birdies?! shortly before saying, "It's a darn Yes. It's a darn zombie. That reminds me of "damn chaos emerald" zombie. We'd better get moving."

We start climbing faster, but it doesn't seem to be fast enough. Soon, I hear a few curse words from Jack. Jack. WHERE THE HECK DID YOU LEARN THOSE W O R D S ? ! The zombie is

trying to feast on him, Zombie latches onto leg and screams cliche. but I won't let it. I pull Jack forward, and then we seem to be nearing the exit. Still trying to reach for us,

the zombie tries to grab us. We all spill out of the vents, shaken but free. We've escaped.

Wow! Second-to-last chapter!

I'm about to be free!

See more stories by Agent 4