/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Rating the first chapter of Zombie Birthday | KidPub Press //
Rating the first chapter of Zombie Birthday

Posted January 21st, 2023 by ElizieAngelina

by Agent 4

January 21st, 2023

Chapter 1: (Blown-off Heads) Jeepers creepers. What a chapter name.

"You're dead, Julian," Jack said as he put his hands in his hoodie sweater. Yes. That's exactly what you are, Julian.

"Uhh...what am I dead for?" I ask, clearly confused.

"You mean you don't know?" Jack said, surprised. Oh, no. We're going to have to listen to Jack's story. And also, I got these names when I was in my Wonder phase.

"What about?" I ask in the same confused state.

"Well, the party that you're having your birthday at is not so hot. It's getting less and less people by each day, and people are saying

that the people who came in...never came out." Cliche. Seriously, 10-year-old me?

I don't believe him. A party place is a party place, running out of business or not. And it's my birthday. Honestly, it's the parents at fault here. 

"No...that's fake. That's not real, right?" I ask with disbelief in my voice.

"No, it's all real," Jack says. "A news report said 2 children went in the lazer tag inside, and never went out, but were found with no head." WHAT THE FRICK?! HOW DOES FRICKIN' LAZER TAG BLOW OFF A HEAD?! DID I THINK THERE WERE ACTUAL LAZERS??

"So you mean the lazer blew off their head?" I ask, shocked this time. Julian. HOW ARE YOU ASKING THIS CALMLY?

"Sort of," Jack says, shrugging. At the same time, the bell for the next class rings, and before walking off, he says, "Take what I just said

as a warning to save yourself." Oh, emo Jack. 

I pick up my backpack and run to my classroom as fast as I can, but not fast enough. As I walk in, I see a concerned look on my teacher's

face, and she says, "You're late for class, Julian. Next time, be on time."

"Sorry," I mutter as I take my seat, and my teacher writes a sentence on the whiteboard. The sentence is, "Do you try adding jumping

into leaf piles as part of your day?" Really? What a stupid question! I've heard better bellringers!

As my teacher places the pieces of paper (response) in front of our desk, I think of the last time I went leaf jumping. It was with my friend,

Veronica. It didn't turn out so well, though, because I ended up breaking my leg by jumping down wrong. How do you jump down "wrong?" She'll be coming to my "cursed"

birthday (Did you really have to tell me about this, Jack?) YES. HE DID SO YOU WOULDN'T END UP A DEAD MAN. so I scrawl down "Sort of" on my paper as my teacher collects my response.

At the end of school, my mom honks that sounds silly up to the driveway, and I get in her car. 

"So, how was today, sweetie?"

"It was all right. Jack told me that the place we're going for my birthday is cursed."

"That's bull," Mom says as she drives out of school grounds and back to our house. "The owner who runs the place says the lazer tag

accident was not meant to happen and won't happen again. You'll be fine!" If my child's local birthday place was reported to have kids with BLOWN-OFF HEADS IN LAZER TAG, I WOULDN'T DO WHAT THIS MOM DID. 

But even my mom doesn't sound appealing to me, because when I get on my computer and search up the place, there are a lot of low

reviews, mostly about the lazer tag incident. I mean, there would be. That night, I can't stop thinking about Jack's warning. Does he do this to every student?

As I begin falling asleep, I think "I, Julian, have fallen victim to a person I never believed before."

So, chapter one done!

...I hope the next chapter will be redeemable.

See more stories by Agent 4