/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Stars: Chapter 1 (wip) | KidPub Press //
Stars: Chapter 1 (wip)

Stars: Chapter 1 (wip)

Posted March 10th, 2021 by ElizieAngelina

March 10th, 2021

"So, Ms. Winters, we'll have to head to the airport in 30 minutes, you got that?"

My mom nods. I can't believe we have to leave New York, the place I've always lived. The place I've always known. Just when I thought I could live a happy summer, 

the moving truck had to come and ruin it all. I loved living here. Why? Why do I have to move to Texas, that huge state? I had scrawled a note that the girl that would

be moving here enjoyed my room in spite. 

Unfortunately enough, 30 minutes is quicker than it looks. Mom spent her money from the lottery on this. She rented a private jet so we could travel to Texas. When

we arrive at the airport, I don't even touch my breakfast oatmeal. I loved oatmeal, but I just couldn't touch it today. I curl up in a ball on my chair near the check-in

gate. Just to amuse myself, I toy around with my luggage, but it only makes me more bored. I slumpily drag my luggage to the airplane through the metal crossing,

hoping it takes off without me. No. Airplanes take way longer to fly off. I take my seat next to my parents. Their smiles don't even comfort me.

The plane takes off within 10 minutes of our arrival. Sure, I'd never dream of causing a meltdown on this plane, but never more have I wanted to. I want to yell,

"YOU BETTER TURN THE PLANE RIGHT AROUND!" I don't even care if we'd crash. Not even the lovely taste of pretzels won't even get my mood happier.

It's sad to say, grumpiness causes sleep, and you know what's the effect of sleep? Grumpiness. I feel even worse as we leave the airport. 

Great story! I am were

Great story! I am were excited to here the next chapter 

___________________________________________________________________
It's not just a matter of trusting yourself but testing your abilities - Joseph Sugarman

Posted by Ryoko on Wed, 03/10/2021 - 15:03
This is really interesting!

This is really interesting! I like how you jump into the story with a line of dialogue. At one point, your character says that she wrote a note to the girl who will take her room after she moves (if I understood correctly). I don't know if that's significant to the story, but it might be intersting to get to read the letter (or maybe she summarizes it or something).

I'm excited to read more!

__________

“There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they'll take you.” - Beatrix Potter

Posted by alem on Thu, 03/11/2021 - 08:32
I like your story

I like your story

Posted by Ryoko on Thu, 03/18/2021 - 08:21
It is intresting

It is intresting

Posted by Olivinat on Thu, 03/18/2021 - 08:22