/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ To Survive- Chapter 1 (the next chapter is gonna be much longer I swear) | KidPub Press //
To Survive- Chapter 1 (the next chapter is gonna be much longer I swear)

Posted February 23rd, 2022 by ElizieAngelina

February 23rd, 2022

(Hello guys! I'm making a new story. Keep in mind that Rosalina is based off of the Rosalina from Mario Galaxy. I absolutely love it and the storyline and gameplay is amazing and OMG- sorry, getting carried away, am I? This story is basically a twisted-fairy-tale type- a little bit delving into darker topics. The story is PG for minor swears and violence. Now, this is Chapter 1 of To Survive.)

~~~

Rosalina tapped her nails on the wooden, beige-striped desk, her feet not quite touching the ugly teal carpet. She was facing forward, a friendly face-but what met her eye wasn't so friendly. She had been called to the Duchess's office for a "serious topic." What could possibly be serious in the kingdom? Rosalina was going to college, and that could stain her chance of getting there.

The room was so quiet- as if a pin could drop. Only the noice of pattering rain was heard outside the grand windows, but burgundy curtains shaded the gray sky, giving the office itself a disturbing-and quite creepy atmosphere. "Now, Rosalina, do you know why I have called you here?" Rosalina shook her head, her wavy, brunette-blonde hair mix bouncing along with it.

"Well," the Duchess picked up a worn newspaper, "it's been tossed around from kingdom to kingdom, so that's why it looks so..." Rosalina burst in, "Ugly?" Giving her a look, (you could never interrupt the Duchess,) she went on, "Yes. That's why it's so..." she looked back at the paper and then to Rosalina again. "Ugly." She then shoved the newspaper into Rosalina's face.

"Ugh," Rosalina mumbled as the paper was shoved, as she smelled the wearing scent of fresh newspaper. What was on it, however, caught her eye.

"ROMENTO MURDERS MYSTERY."

"5 MEN FOUND IN HOUSE DECEASED. THEY ALL WERE FOUND WITH VARYING INJURIES AND CUTS. 1 OF THEM WAS REPORTED SOAKED. THE OTHER'S NECK APPEARED TO HAVE SOME MARKS ON IT. THESE ARE THE PICTURES OF THE MEN."

Rosalina grimaced upon glance of the image. It was far too disturbing for her to look at. The Duchess stared at her with understanding, for once. She'd never looked at Rosalina in this way. Most times, she'd just looked at her with contempt.

"ADRESS OF HOUSE: 5631 COURTWELL AVENUE. (not a real house, just to clarify) ONLY USE HOUSE FOR INVESTIGATING AND REPORTING NEEDS. 5 MEN HAVE BEEN REPORTED AND ARE THE CULPRITS OF THE ROMENTO MURDERS. BELOW IS A DESCRIPTION OF WHAT MOST OF THE MEN LOOKED LIKE: WEARING A BLUE SWEATSHIRT, SOME PUFFY GRAY PANTS, AND GRAY BOOTS OF LEATHER. FINDER OF ALL 5 WILL GET 100,000 DOLLARS."

Rosalina gasped. 100,000 dollars could buy her town the cure for the ongoing drought in her village. "I admit this deal," Rosalina said. "What?"  the Duchess snapped. "You can't possibly go there. You're going to college like we'd bought!" Rosalina looked up with a glare, and said, "Then, what was this point of the RANDOM TALK WE JUST HAD, DUCHESS?"

"Calm yourself...Right now," the Duchess snapped.

Rosalina sank back into her chair.

"Now, you are not going and that is that. Think yourself back into your dorm." Rosalina stood up, and promptly walked to the white door. She placed her hand on the golden doorknob, and closed it behind her. "So, how was that talk, my lady Rosalina?" one of Rosalina's butlers said. "'Serious,' Rosalina replied. "The Duchess just won't let me go solve the Romento Murders."

"She means well," the butler said. "You cannot just solve a murder. I have, once...and that took years and years. But even then, I still failed to get a proper detective job, and alas, look where I am now. Here." Rosalina sighed, saying, "All right. I'll go back to my room." Rosalina walked down the crimson path, took the pretty quartz stairs, and entered her bedroom.

She walked to the bed, and let herself fall on top of it. Her head landed on covers of bedsheets, but her legs landed on the frame. She wanted to scream, "Ow!" but remembered her "little" stunt with the Duchess and decided to shut up. "So unfair," she thought. "I'm a grown woman. 18! It's time I left these castle walls properly and found my adventure to go on!"

At that moment, the door opened with another one of Rosalina's butlers standing there. "My lady," he said, "your lunch is served. Today you are having a filet mignon, with a side of stretchy cheese and mashed potatoes. Your drink is sparkling water, taken directly from our fountains. Enjoy." Rosalina then got up from her bed, and thought, "But for now, I'll be a princess."

~~~

That night, as Rosalina laid in bed after having macaroons and brushed her teeth, she wondered about the murders. All the words had flown across her mind like doves and quails in the sky, as free as could be. The rain had slowed down, and only little flecks and droplets could be heard now. She was thinking of being a hero-wishing she had their life, and not restricted to royalty.

Wait.

She had an opportunity right in her hands!

"There," Rosalina said, clear and bold. "I'll solve the murders." She hopped out of her bed, closed the door, and threw a rag under it to block the light. With a swift pull, her nightgown flew off, and she began to search through her closet for the work uniform she'd used that day. Once it was found, she hid the nightgown under the sheets, and opened her cabinet to reveal her laptop.

"All right," she said, "Where's the news?" When she found it, she said, "I'll tell the Head that I'll be looking for it." She did, and when her response was done, she said, "I'll wait for their response. But for now, I know I'll be the person who finds these long-awaited mysteries."

And she could prove it.

This was amazing!   "I'll

This was amazing!

"I'll make chapter 4 tomorrow" Famous last words

Posted by Flower on Tue, 03/01/2022 - 08:14