/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ TriOrathon--Chapter 5 | KidPub Press //
TriOrathon--Chapter 5

TriOrathon--Chapter 5

Posted March 3rd, 2018 by 144896

by JonasTheAuthor
in Pennsylvania

March 3rd, 2018

Chapter 5- A new Dawn.

My toes pointed down and my head tilted to the heavens, I fell faster and faster. I regretted this. My suit flapped up, my hair like wheat in wind, my eyes straining for the plunge into the water.

Suddenly I was immersed in black.

I didn't know anything other than to swim up. My breath was short.

I couldn't make it.

I couldn't make it.

I almost see the top.

I was out of air.

My lungs were shriveled up.

I couldn't make it.

I couldn't make it.

I swang my hands in the all to familiar motion, down, up, down, down, up.

My hand felt the top of the water, immediatly seared with cold. I held my mouth up for the deep breath in of air.

I inhaled. I gasped and sat there for a second. Not much longer and I would have been forever stuck in that darkness.

I swam for the rocky shore. My feet, calves, and thighs suddenly scraped against sharp rocks. I winced and began trudging up the shore. It was like half a cave. Now underneath it, I now realized I had jumped off an overhang which sat like a dome over my head. The water glistened underneath the moon. I needed to rest. My watch was not water proof I had now just realized. I could only guess it to be near morning. I layed my head back and looked one last time at the shimmering dome above me.

I awoke.

The sun hurt my eyes, but at this point I was mostly on the brink between cold and hot and damp. The water I had jumped into went on for as far as I could see. But it gave me a moment to think about what I had done with my last day. It only takes a day to change a lifetime, I thought. I am aware that you have little knowledge of who I am as a person or a lot of what is happening, mainly because I don't even know. But I will explain it in a little more detail. I am Jonas. My life is of normal standards, nothing special. As far as I can recall I have no relations with anyone except my grandparents, and my brother Noah which is situated as a Scrollkeeper's apprentice. As far as I know I am being chased for seeing the beyond which no one except the Scrollkeepers are allowed to see, atleast I think. The men after me I also guess to be the Scrollkeeper's Scrimmers, or covert military sent out for only the most top secret reasons. 

And that is all I can tell you.

You know as much as me.

I got up off the rocks.

My gun.

I had just remembered about my gun. Where is it? I looked around for it. I had bundled it up and held on to it in my right hand as I had jumped. But I had also swam with my right hand. My idiotic self must have let go to swim to the top. I sighed. Now I had to hope there was something out here I could eat. But first things first. I need to get out of here. I looked around and spotted a pathway just behind me that seemed to lead up to some light. I jogged over to it and hiked up it. I looked into the distance and saw huge rocks, jutting from the Earth's surface. I began towards them. I walked across fields of green and plants for hours. I was starving. I suddenly saw smoke not a half hour's hike away.

Something smacked against my head.

Again.

Blackness.

I opened my eyes slowly, reorienting myself with my surroundings. Everything was blurry except for two faces, a man and a woman.

"Hello," they said," I'm Vanessa and this is Cameron."

Chapter 6 coming soon...

See more stories by JonasTheAuthor
Oh, this is sooo good. It

Oh, this is sooo good. It has just enough description and suspense. You, my friend are a fantastic author.

Posted by Cherith on Mon, 03/05/2018 - 13:19
So exicted for the next one!

So exicted for the next one!

Posted by mischief on Mon, 03/05/2018 - 13:19
Well I try to let the

Well I try to let the audience in on just enough to make them want more. Plus, hey, I'm only 13 still learning this, and for these comments I'm so grateful! :)

Posted by JonasTheAuthor on Mon, 03/05/2018 - 18:04