/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Writing Masterpost Fifth Edition | KidPub Press //
Writing Masterpost Fifth Edition

Writing Masterpost Fifth Edition

Posted August 21st, 2018 by SilverMoon

by solivagant
in timately acquainted with the void

October 29th, 2018

*Writing Masterpost ~ Fifth Edition*

I really want to keep writing on KidPub, become more active here again, and help the site as a whole thrive again. My Writing Masterpost is my attempt to organize my important writings so that this may occur. As you may know, I am one of those people with 5000000000 ideas, most of which, unfortunately, go nowhere. I hope to document current projects here. If I ask for comments on things, typically your range of options is anything linked below.

God knows what my main focus this school year will be, writing-wise, since I’m entering my junior year of high school and I’ve lots of studying to do. Despite this, I will do my absolute best to be more active than I have been on KidPub. I have grand plans. I’ll probably write more journal, essay, and writing advice things to fill in the gaps between my fiction writing.

All titles are tentative as all works are still in progress. Fiction works are listed in order of last updated. All works are still in the development stage and don’t have proper drafts unless otherwise stated.

Updates to the Masterpost:

• General Update October 29 2018

• Posted August 21 2018

Rating System

Ratings are the same as archiveofourown.org, meanings may be slightly different and are built off fanlore.org.

The ratings given in this masterpost are baseline ratings, which means it's the rating of the general work as a whole. Warnings may appear on a chapter-by-chapter basis indicating higher-rating content in that chapter. There will be specific content warnings (e.g., ‘graphic violence warning’, ‘mental breakdown in this chapter which warrants an M rating’, something like that) as well. If possible, I will mark where this content begins and ends in the chapter, if it is skippable.

Ratings DO NOT MEAN you are not allowed to read something because it is a certain rating. I disagree with censorship of content. I mean, I’ve read stuff rated Explicit since I was 13 or 14 years old. I feel that I am mature enough to handle it, so for the most part you have to use your own judgement. It is more of a warning than a restriction.

• G GENERAL AUDIENCES Suitable for all audiences. This does not mean recommended for children, but rather that it includes nothing that would likely disturb children or offend their parents for them to read. Romantic content is very innocent if it exists (kissing, holding hands), language is mild, may contain action scenes in which violence and its results are not graphically described, but people fight with serious injury or death resulting.

• T TEEN More intense content than G, recommended for 13 and up to be safe, but this is not an absolute line. (Plenty of 10-year-olds watch PG-13 movies, for example.) Language (swearing etc.) will be present as you would hear teenagers use it, romantic content if present is more intense and possibly more sexual (but should max out at making out or at the most, inexplicit allusion to further sexual activity). Violence may be described in detail some readers may find disturbing. References to drug addiction, self harm, mental illness, suicidal thinking, and/or other mature themes are most likely present.

• M MATURE More graphic than T, proceed with caution. May contain extreme violence and gore, higher presence of mature and/or disturbing scenes/themes. May also contain non-graphic sexual scenes. I will likely not post M-rated things on KidPub; if it does appear, it will be in a specific chapter warning. (For instance, if/when I update the zombie apocalypse KP story, M chapter ratings for violence and dark themes is a bit inevitable.)

• E EXPLICIT For the most part, too explicit for me to post on KidPub. The only way this would be seen is on a specific chapter warning. Often used to indicate explicit sexual content, but you are unlikely to see this from me in this group. If I ever post anything labeled as explicit, it is probably because there is explicit, extreme violence or other themes that are possibly highly disturbing.

Original Fiction

Sun, Moon, and Sky Saga // Rating: T (possibly M) // First Posted: April 9, 2016 // Last Update: May 8, 2017

Genre: Hard Fantasy, New Adult fiction // Books: N/A // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

A young magician named Morrigan arrives in a foreign land in search of new power and an old friend; a sunny young man named Koen arrives in the same place during the course of his travel of the countries surrounding his homeland. A native scholar named Tihomir had settled into his ordinary, everyday routine-- until now. Three individuals whose stories were already, unbeknownst to them, hopelessly intertwined had all come to be on the same city, and the gears were turning to begin a long journey of history in the making.

Sin Game // Rating: T // First Posted: July 30, 2016 // Last Update: April 2, 2017

Genre: Magical Realism, Adventure, Drama, Young Adult fiction // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

A boy comes to the urban jungle of Rispecchiare for school and a change of pace, but he might get far more than he bargained for. Can new resident and high school student Chase Nakahara unravel the mysteries of his classmates, the city, and a strange twenty-fifth hour before a mastermind known only as the “king” can ensnare the whole city in its mad game forever?

Our Kingdom of Loneliness // Rating: T // First Posted: N/A // Last Update: N/A

Genre: Contemporary Realistic Fiction, Slice of Life, Young Adult fiction // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

School, music, basketball, challenges, experiences, struggles-- they all used to be very singular experiences. But these things brought Marzanna Zielinski and Amir Saha together, and now they brave them together. Two lonely people somehow become companions and must learn to work as a team, navigate adolescence, and maybe, possibly, learn to live with and conquer loneliness.

•  

untitled (Del) // Rating: T or M // First Posted: N/A // Last Update: N/A

Genre: Slipstream, Cyberpunk, Tech Noir // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

By a stroke of fortune, an orphan named Del manages to get out of the Londinium slums and into an elite agency called the KNIGHTS, beginning his descent into the luxurious, gritty, horrifying underworld of the city where he must navigate a cruel system of human greed, ego, and malice.

•  

Webcomic Ideas

Kuroyuri // Rating: T or M (maybe E eventually if I get adventurous) // First Posted: October 25, 2018 // Last Update: October 25, 2018

Genre: Fantasy, Historical(ish), Romance/ Shounen ai (boys’ love) // Pages: N/A // Chapters: N/A

An unstable but ultimately sweet boy (I say boy but he's a young adult for the main story) and the shadow entity that has latched onto him and protects him through his adventure of a life in the really cool crazy whimsical vaguely Asian world he lives in, who also naturally gets tangled up in some very dangerous affairs and meets an undoubtedly dangerous but dazzling man who takes an interest in him. Eventual romance, but equally important is the relationship between the boy and his entity.

Zodiacs Universe // Rating: T // First Posted: N/A // Last Update: N/A

Genre: Seinen/Josei (basically Young Adult-New Adult range), Urban Fantasy, Slightly Alternate Earth, Action // Pages: N/A // Chapters: N/A

A bunch of pretty young adult women and genderqueer characters with various colorful personalities in a slightly futuristic, slightly alternative Tokyo who can channel the spirits of the Chinese zodiac, and all the inter-zodiac conflict that happens along with their clashes with the rest of human society. Not exactly a magical girl series, but kind of.

•  

Fanfiction

Black as Night, Light as Snow // Fairy Tail OC Fanfiction // Rating: T [will be M chapter ratings later] // First Posted: March 18, 2018 // Last Update: June 8, 2018

Genre: Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Young Adult fiction // Words: 2801 // Chapters: 1

ON FIRST DRAFT

[Knowledge of Fairy Tail anime preferred but probably not required.] Here’s a summary of Fairy Tail for the uninitiated:

Lucy Heartfilia, a traveling Mage, meets Natsu Dragneel, a Mage looking for his foster parent, a Dragon named Igneel, with his best friend, Happy, a blue, talking and flying cat. Shortly after their meeting, Lucy is abducted by Bora of Prominence, who was posing as Salamander of Fairy Tail, to be sold as a slave. Natsu rescues her and reveals that he is the real Salamander of Fairy Tail and has the skills of a Dragon Slayer, a form of Lost Magic. He offers her membership into the guild, which she gladly accepts. They, along with the armored Mage Erza Scarlet, Ice-Make Mage Gray Fullbuster, and Happy, become a team performing various missions offered to the Fairy Tail Guild.

For the plot of BANLAS, an up-and-coming young mage must overcome her past for the sake of her comrades’ future after she comes home from an extended absence only for her old ghosts to come back to haunt them. Vesla Tyrian has always played her cards close to the chest, but inevitably the truth will out-- and who knows what secrets lie swept under the rug or what skeletons reside in her closet?

Archived Stories

Not necessarily permanently discontinued and may be picked up at some point in the future, but which will probably not have updates at the current time.

End of the World as We Know It // NEW KIDPUB STORY // Rating: T [M chapter ratings likely] // First Posted: June 21, 2017 // Last Update: March 1, 2018

Genre: Survival, Adventure // Words: 533 // Chapters: 1

Zombies are on the rise, society is crumbling, and worst of all, we're going to have to live without constantly being on the Internet.

The Twilight Talisman // Rating: G // First Posted: October 20, 2012 // Last Update: April 21, 2017

Genre: Contemporary Fantasy/Adventure, Middle Grade fiction // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

The Twilight Talisman follows a young runaway girl named Sanna, who has been plagued by strange auras as long as she can remember. She runs away to run from them-- but also to run from herself. But hey, that's just life. Running away is just to be expected. What she didn't expect was running into a strange boy who wards off the auras and leads her to a strange and magical place where people who call themselves Naturals gather. They're kinetics-- they control forces of nature. What's more, they say Sanna is one of them, and the auras that chase her are connected to an organization called the Twilight, another group of kinetics. And what's more, the Twilight is more active than it’s been in decades, and they're searching for a talisman that could spell TROUBLE for everyone in big capital letters.

Figuring out the new world around her? Highly difficult. Figuring out herself? Nearly impossible.

minivan // Rating: T // First Posted: N/A // Last Update: N/A

Genre: Realistic Fiction, Adventure, Drama, New Adult fiction, Short Story/Novella // Words: N/A // Parts: N/A

Twenty-somethings Bronte and Marino go on a no-destination road trip out of Seattle in a beat-up 80s Toyota minivan.

•  

Soulbound // COWRITE WITH JILL // Rating: T // First Posted: N/A // Last Update: N/A

Genre: Modern Fantasy, Young Adult fiction // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

I posted this on the “summarize your main project in one sentence” thread and I couldn't think of a better summary so here you go: A beautiful semi-narcissistic drama queen zombie from the Roman Empire and his angsty French (living, for now) boyfriend have to deal with necromancy, broken souls, corrupt organizations, conspiracies, and their own feelings and somehow come out of it alive; also, two gay necromancer girls along for the ride are assholes who constantly snark at each other.

•  

No Refuge Trilogy // Rating: T // First Posted: October 4, 2014 // Last Update: October 4, 2014

Genre: SciFi, Adventure, Young Adult fiction (?) // Books: 0/3 // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

Space scifi lesbians, dystopia, drama, heaps and heaps of angst and character exploration. There isn't really a formal plot yet, but it will involve loads of this.

Untitled Work (Aran and Triinu) // Rating: T // First Posted: N/A // Last Update: N/A

Genre: Hard Fantasy, Young Adult fiction // Words: N/A // Chapters: N/A

Triinu Astrauckas ends up in a world that’s been in her dreams since she was young, surrounded by the people she’d dreamt about. The central figure in her dreams, a snarky boy named Aran Tessaro, becomes the central figure in her life as they team up to fight against both other humans and the Shades which plague that world. How will Triinu survive in this foreign world? How will anyone survive in this war-torn world where shadowy, demonic creatures roam? Will Triinu ever be able to return home? And… Does she even want to?

•  

Untitled Manga // Rating: T // First Posted: N/A // Last Update: N/A

Genre: some sort of Historical/Fantasy/Alternate Earth, most likely // Pages: N/A // Chapters: N/A

In a land of commonplace magic, monsters, and conflict, a cursed shrine maiden befriends a traveling dancer and the two set off in search of answers and adventure. The dancer is a woman of connections, and recruits her friends, a scribe and a wandering warrior, to join their party.

•  

Other Works

Poetry of Mine, Series or Otherwise // Rating: G unless otherwise marked // First Posted: January 17, 2016 // Last Update: April 3, 2018

Picking Apart the Past // Rating: G // First Posted: May 8, 2018 // Last Update: May 8, 2018

Old writing critiques.

Miscellaneous // Rating: G // First Posted: August 19, 2016 // Last Update: May 6, 2018

Letters Never Sent // Rating: G // First Posted: April 21, 2018 // Last Update: April 21, 2018

snippets of nothing // Rating: G // First Posted: October 13, 2018 // Last Update: October 25, 2018

See more stories by solivagant