/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Zombie Birthday (chapter 1) (Blown-off Heads) | KidPub Press //
Zombie Birthday (chapter 1) (Blown-off Heads)

Posted September 29th, 2020 by ElizieAngelina

October 12th, 2020

"You're dead, Julian," Jack said as he put his hands in his hoodie sweater.

"Uhh...what am I dead for?" I ask, clearly confused.

"You mean you don't know?" Jack said, surprised.

"What about?" I ask in the same confused state.

"Well, the party that you're having your birthday at is not so hot. It's getting less and less people by each day, and people are saying

that the people who came in...never came out."

I don't believe him. A party place is a party place, running out of business or not. And it's my birthday.

"No...that's fake. That's not real, right?" I ask with disbelief in my voice.

"No, it's all real," Jack says. "A news report said 2 children went in the lazer tag inside, and never went out, but were found with no head."

"So you mean the lazer blew off their head?" I ask, shocked this time.  

"Sort of," Jack says, shrugging. At the same time, the bell for the next class rings, and before walking off, he says, "Take what I just said

as a warning to save yourself."

I pick up my backpack and run to my classroom as fast as I can, but not fast enough. As I walk in, I see a concerned look on my teacher's

face, and she says, "You're late for class, Julian. Next time, be on time."

"Sorry," I mutter as I take my seat, and my teacher writes a sentence on the whiteboard. The sentence is, "Do you try adding jumping

into leaf piles as part of your day?" 

As my teacher places the pieces of paper (response) in front of our desk, I think of the last time I went leaf jumping. It was with my friend,

Veronica. It didn't turn out so well, though, because I ended up breaking my leg by jumping down wrong. She'll be coming to my "cursed"

birthday (Did you really have to tell me about this, Jack?) so I scrawl down "Sort of" on my paper as my teacher collects my response.

At the end of school, my mom honks up to the driveway, and I get in her car.

"So, how was today, sweetie?"

"It was all right. Jack told me that the place we're going for my birthday is cursed."

"That's bull," Mom says as she drives out of school grounds and back to our house. "The owner who runs the place says the lazer tag

accident was not meant to happen and won't happen again. You'll be fine!"

But even my mom doesn't sound appealing to me, because when I get on my computer and search up the place, there are a lot of low

reviews, mostly about the lazer tag incident. That night, I can't stop thinking about Jack's warning. Does he do this to every student?

As I begin falling asleep, I think "I, Julian, have fallen victim to a person I never believed before."

This is pretty wild.

This is pretty wild. Starting a story by telling your main character he's dead is pretty wacky. 

I have more to say but that's all I can do for now. I'm procrastinating on a paper.

Later, Skater,

Posted by Tía Snow on Thu, 10/08/2020 - 19:49
Jack is supposed to be a bit

Jack is supposed to be a bit more of a kuudere. A kuudere normally has a dark and secret personality, and he has a dark history

about haunted places.

Posted by Elizabeth on Mon, 10/12/2020 - 13:21