/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Zombie Birthday (Chapter 4) (I wanted to make it early) (Heading There) | KidPub Press //
Zombie Birthday (Chapter 4) (I wanted to make it early) (Heading There)

Posted October 8th, 2020 by ElizieAngelina

October 12th, 2020

I wake up with a start and remember that today is my birthday.

Darn.

I grab my school bag, and when I meet up with Jack, he's got a big poster.

"Nervous, huh?" Jack says, handing me the poster.

"Quite nervous," I say while taking Jack's poster.

The poster is long, and it has all the information about the list of completed attractions that Jack wrote. Here it is:

~~~

Go-Karting Information:

Purpose: A go-kart track with a kiddie and adult track, but the kiddie track is slower than the normal adult track

Incident: Speeding kid, crashed into someone

Train Ride Information:

Purpose: One of the smaller kiddie attractions, goes quite slow and has 3 back cars and one main car

Incident: Kid had his foot run over in the way of a train

Bumper Boats Information:

Purpose: Another one of the kiddie rides, bumper boats with squirters, great for a hot summer day

Incident: Kid drowned after being pushed out of a boat

Tea Cups Information: 

Purpose: Still a bit of a kiddie ride, but a little intense. Spinning cups for days of spinning

Incident: Teacup fell on someone's foot due to so much spinning

The Smasher Information:

Purpose: Not a kiddie ride. Has a loop and high drops

Incident: Ride broke mid-loop

Arcade Information:

Purpose: Indoor video gaming machines

Incident: Spilled drink on a machine, electrocuted

Lazer Tag Information:

Purpose: Indoor lazer shooting attraction

Incident: Lazer blew off kid's head

3-D Experience Information:

Purpose: Indoor virtual ride attraction

Incident: Water machine in kids eyes, blinded

~~~

After school, I'm taking the poster with me, and my friends are heading into the car. It's raining, so we have to be quick. As soon as all

my friends take their seats, I take mine and we're zooming towards Lunar Kingdom.

"So, Julian," Veronica says. "This place will be weird. Right?"

"Kids, don't believe everything Jack says," Mom bursts in.

"Ma'm, it's the honest truth-" Jack interrupts.

However, Mom saves the conversation by saying, "-let's get a drink from Sonic before we completely head there, all right?"

Everyone agrees, and soon Veronica and Dylan are enjoying a grape slush, Jack is drinking a cranberry, and I'm drinking a blue

raspberry. Soon, we're heading back to Lunar Kingdom, and once we get there, Mom pulls out a large umbrella for the four of us.

"It's not so scary here," Dylan says as we head inside.

"Oh, trust me, you'll see scary," Jack says.

"Oh, looks like it's that family," a receptionist says as she introduces us and sends us to our table.

For 2 hours, I'm having the time of my life. Maybe it all was a lie. But I can't just throw my poster away.

At 6 pm, we say our goodbyes, and once everyone is ready to leave, I reach for the door handle.

It's locked.